Video | UNCUT Christopher Hitchens & Stephen Fry debate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-04-2013, 10:29 AM
Video Video | UNCUT Christopher Hitchens & Stephen Fry debate
Finally managed to find the FULL version of this amazing debate! Almost 2 hours long with all the Q&A session. The only version on YouTube that I can find which is complete!

Watch in awe as Christopher Hitchens & Stephen Fry demolish the apologetic catholics!

The Motion ~ "The Catholic Church is a force for good in the world". Christopher Hitchens and Stephen Fry, opposing the motion, comprehensively trounced Archbishop Onaiyekan (of Abuja, Nigeria) and Ann Widdecombe, who spoke for it.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 10 users Like Woody68's post
08-04-2013, 10:33 AM
RE: Video | UNCUT Christopher Hitchens & Stephen Fry debate
I'd not heard of this, so based on the title, I thought it would be something along the lines of "Christopher Hitchens vs. Stephen Fry".

I thought " Blink "

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-04-2013, 10:33 AM
Yes

I think that historians will see this debate as a turning point.

It jolted many christians I know out of their complacency.

Absolute must see! Worth two hours of anyone's life.

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
08-04-2013, 12:48 PM
This has been my favorite debate on any religious topic. Watched it about a year ago, and loved it. Agree with DLJ.

And yet another interesting topic I am not interested in.
11-04-2013, 09:45 AM
Thanks for posting this. I finally had time to watch it last night and it was great! The change in vote counts at the end was funny. Hitchens and Fry made mincemeat! Laugh out load

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
11-04-2013, 11:23 AM
Wow, I haven't seen this since it's aired. I seem to have remembered several of Fry's statements as being from Hitchens.
[+] 1 user Likes KeenIdiot's post
11-04-2013, 11:29 AM
(11-04-2013 11:23 AM)KeenIdiot Wrote:  Wow, I haven't seen this since it's aired. I seem to have remembered several of Fry's statements as being from Hitchens.

This is - from what I can see - the only full version up on the net at the moment (until someone copies it from the channel I found)

Awesome stuff!
11-04-2013, 04:26 PM
Anyone familiar with the statements Anne Witcombe made concerning the use of condoms?
11-04-2013, 05:02 PM
(11-04-2013 11:23 AM)KeenIdiot Wrote:  Wow, I haven't seen this since it's aired. I seem to have remembered several of Fry's statements as being from Hitchens.

Where did this air? I've only ever caught Hitchens, or Dawkins in interviews, or on shows like Real Time w/ Bill Maher! And I've never seen a debate live. I would LOVE to catch the next debate with any of them live!!! Do they even show them live, or is it a college student/whatever always uploading it to the internet after the event? Or maybe I could find where the next one takes place; it'd be more entertaining than a night at the local comedy club!!!

11-04-2013, 05:28 PM
I've seen excerpts from this debate but never the entire thing. I'll be making time for this in the next few days.

Thanks for putting this up Woody68. Thumbsup

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume