Video | UNCUT Christopher Hitchens & Stephen Fry debate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-04-2013, 05:36 PM
RE: Video | UNCUT Christopher Hitchens & Stephen Fry debate
(11-04-2013 05:28 PM)Heathen Wrote:  I've seen excerpts from this debate but never the entire thing. I'll be making time for this in the next few days.

Thanks for putting this up Woody68. Thumbsup

Agreed! Thank you Woody. You've essentially provided me with a 2-hour special to watch later on tonight Big Grin

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2013, 06:30 PM
(11-04-2013 05:02 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(11-04-2013 11:23 AM)KeenIdiot Wrote:  Wow, I haven't seen this since it's aired. I seem to have remembered several of Fry's statements as being from Hitchens.

Where did this air? I've only ever caught Hitchens, or Dawkins in interviews, or on shows like Real Time w/ Bill Maher! And I've never seen a debate live. I would LOVE to catch the next debate with any of them live!!! Do they even show them live, or is it a college student/whatever always uploading it to the internet after the event? Or maybe I could find where the next one takes place; it'd be more entertaining than a night at the local comedy club!!!

Christopher Hitchens died Dec 2011.

There are scores of his debates on youtube. Just search "Christopher Hitchens"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-04-2013, 06:54 PM
I know Hitchens died in 2011, but I assume there's at least one atheist left in the U.S. willing to debate a christian or 2 in front of a large audience. I should like to see a debate live!

11-04-2013, 06:58 PM
(11-04-2013 06:54 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I know Hitchens died in 2011, but I assume there's at least one atheist left in the U.S. willing to debate a christian or 2 in front of a large audience. I should like to see a debate live!

I went to the world atheist conference in Melbourne last year. Awesome! Intelligent, well mannered, happy people! We had fun debating some protesters outside...hot-headed Christians and Islamists.

ps...and I got to talk to Sam Harris, Daniel Dennet.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-04-2013, 07:21 PM
(11-04-2013 06:58 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(11-04-2013 06:54 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I know Hitchens died in 2011, but I assume there's at least one atheist left in the U.S. willing to debate a christian or 2 in front of a large audience. I should like to see a debate live!

I went to the world atheist conference in Melbourne last year. Awesome! Intelligent, well mannered, happy people! We had fun debating some protesters outside...hot-headed Christians and Islamists.

OHH you LUCKY bitch Tongue
Where to take the teenagers? Consider Six Flags? AHH...a well mannered debate between men of science & the G.G.G. grandchildren of the inquisition! PERFECT Thumbsup

11-04-2013, 07:27 PM
(11-04-2013 07:21 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(11-04-2013 06:58 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  I went to the world atheist conference in Melbourne last year. Awesome! Intelligent, well mannered, happy people! We had fun debating some protesters outside...hot-headed Christians and Islamists.

OHH you LUCKY bitch Tongue
Where to take the teenagers? Consider Six Flags? AHH...a well mannered debate between men of science & the G.G.G. grandchildren of the inquisition! PERFECT Thumbsup

Because I know how much Mark likes Life of Brian

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
11-04-2013, 07:47 PM
LOL Thumbsup
I feel a Monty Python marathon creeping up on meBowing

11-04-2013, 07:55 PM
This is one of my favorite Hitchens debates. Hitchen's opening salvo is epic.

The Hitchens versus Dembski debate is another good one . True to form, Hitchens prepared no closing statement and preferred instead to answer another audience question. When Dembski preferred to proceed with prepared closing statements instead, Hitchens weaved together ideas from the debate into an incredibly moving closing statement.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6K43WSZrmI
The poster of the debate has a convenient link to Hitchens closing remarks in the video description--listen to that bit if you must, but the whole thing is worth the time if you haven't seen it yet.
12-04-2013, 12:28 AM
Wonderful! I enjoyed ticking off the typical apologist tactics used by the Catholic representatives. It is now 2:30 am and I am up way past my bedtime but it was worth it. Thanks for posting this. It was awesome.

"The amazing thing is that every atom in your body came from a star that exploded. ... So, forget Jesus. The stars died so that you could be here today." -- Lawrence Krauss
28-04-2013, 10:44 AM
Yes! I saw part of this before, awesome!

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.