Videogame Idioms.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-12-2012, 09:11 PM
RE: Videogame Idioms.
having to 2 hit with sniper but one hit melee

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Xinoftruden's post
12-12-2012, 10:36 AM
Jump challenges do it for me, in any game or genre they suck. Game play is not in anyway enhanced by taking a jump, quicksaving, dying x number of times the quicksaving til your past the part of the game that makes you watch the loading splash screen over and over.

Recently came across one in a mmorg, so that was even worse.

And yeah, 2 shots to kill with sniper, 1 with melee is bad to. So many games, you shoot someone with a rifle center mass and nothing, the whole head shot x2 damage thing is awful to.

Legal Disclaimer: I am right, I reserve the right to be wrong without notice, opinions may change, your statutory rights are not affected, opinions expressed are not my own and are an approximation for the sake of communication.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-12-2012, 12:22 PM
I'd have to say that the new Medal of Honor game is a vast improvement from the last few crapfests. Halo is alright too, though it is hard to beat Halo 2.

I have to agree about the others though, including the ones Earmuffs mentioned. All sadly going down hill.

And TheBearedDude, do not attempt to play SWTOR f2p. They made it completely unplayable with their micro-transaction model. At least Star Trek Online, despite it being f2p, has a reasonable system.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
12-12-2012, 12:23 PM
(11-12-2012 09:11 PM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  having to 2 hit with sniper but one hit melee
Battlefield 3 reconciles with the one hit melee by making all 1-hit take downs a realistic melee combat animation (that can be interrupted). Both Call of Duty and Medal of Honor, however, make little knife swipes and instant kill. I agree for those two games.

[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
12-12-2012, 01:09 PM
I'm also pretty sick of quick time events.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
12-12-2012, 07:14 PM
(12-12-2012 10:36 AM)Humakt Wrote:  Jump challenges do it for me, in any game or genre they suck. Game play is not in anyway enhanced by taking a jump, quicksaving, dying x number of times the quicksaving til your past the part of the game that makes you watch the loading splash screen over and over.

And yeah, 2 shots to kill with sniper, 1 with melee is bad to. So many games, you shoot someone with a rifle center mass and nothing, the whole head shot x2 damage thing is awful to.
Guidewars, the starting Gnome (I know they're not 'gnomes' I have a max lvl guardian one, but the name has slipped my mind right now) area by any chance?

Games that change difficulty to a lower setting on me if I fail.
It's called "retry"...

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
12-12-2012, 07:19 PM
It's not exactly an idiom, but I hate hate hate how these days everything is written for consoles and then, eventually, maybe, ported to PC but still has stupid menus and stupid UI and kludgy controls. And usually doesn't even work well on most graphics cards. And memory leaks. And frequent desktop crashes. And then the companies say "our PC crowd [that paid us many millions of dollars for their PC version] isn't big enough for us [to spend a few thousand dollars] to fix these issues."

Yeah, I'm looking at you Bethesda, but you're not the only one.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 1 user Likes Aseptic Skeptic's post
12-12-2012, 07:33 PM
(12-12-2012 07:19 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  It's not exactly an idiom, but I hate hate hate how these days everything is written for consoles and then, eventually, maybe, ported to PC but still has stupid menus and stupid UI and kludgy controls. And usually doesn't even work well on most graphics cards. And memory leaks. And frequent desktop crashes. And then the companies say "our PC crowd [that paid us many millions of dollars for their PC version] isn't big enough for us [to spend a few thousand dollars] to fix these issues."

Yeah, I'm looking at you Bethesda, but you're not the only one.
PC gaming is not cheap, which is why their PC gaming bases aren't large enough.

13-12-2012, 01:28 AM
(12-12-2012 07:14 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(12-12-2012 10:36 AM)Humakt Wrote:  Jump challenges do it for me, in any game or genre they suck. Game play is not in anyway enhanced by taking a jump, quicksaving, dying x number of times the quicksaving til your past the part of the game that makes you watch the loading splash screen over and over.

Guidewars, the starting Gnome (I know they're not 'gnomes' I have a max lvl guardian one, but the name has slipped my mind right now) area by any chance?

It's called "retry"...
Never played guild wars, if its the mmorg jump challenge I was talking about a quest in the new Rohan expansion for Lord of the rings Online. If your a mmorger, Lotro is F2P and well worth a look. As is Planetside 2, just been playin that this week is pretty epic at times. Anywhoo Smile

Legal Disclaimer: I am right, I reserve the right to be wrong without notice, opinions may change, your statutory rights are not affected, opinions expressed are not my own and are an approximation for the sake of communication.
13-12-2012, 10:08 AM
(13-12-2012 01:28 AM)Humakt Wrote:  
(12-12-2012 07:14 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Guidewars, the starting Gnome (I know they're not 'gnomes' I have a max lvl guardian one, but the name has slipped my mind right now) area by any chance?

It's called "retry"...
Never played guild wars, if its the mmorg jump challenge I was talking about a quest in the new Rohan expansion for Lord of the rings Online. If your a mmorger, Lotro is F2P and well worth a look. As is Planetside 2, just been playin that this week is pretty epic at times. Anywhoo Smile
Ah nice.

Nah not a big MMO player. I like GW2 but don't play it much, end game is limited and lvling more then 1 character is a chore.
WoW is still the only really good MMO out there. Just it sucks your money like a Nigerian.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.