Vidictive Dude.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-11-2013, 08:29 PM
Vidictive Dude.
God is jealous and the Lord revengeth, and is furious;the Lord will take vengeance on his adveraries and he reserveth wrath for his enemies Nahum1: (KJV)Angel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-11-2013, 09:18 PM
RE: Vidictive Dude.
I'm surprised there isn't already a thread along these lines. (Or is there?)

Gather around the campfire for a story, kids:
When I was in High School, there was an elective class on Greek mythology. (I took this class instead of Literature of The Bible because I honestly felt that taking LOTB class would be cheating, as I already knew everything.) The teacher was discussing monotheism vs. polytheism, and she mentioned that monotheistic Gods are always omnipotent while cultures that worshiped pantheons always gave their Gods more human characteristics such as anger and lust. (Hmmmm.)

She had us partner up to make lists of polytheistic God traits. I was a Christian at the time and jokingly mentioned to my partner that our God was a jealous God. She responded with: "Yes, but he's real."

I guess I don't have to point out the irony to you guys.

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
[+] 3 users Like Cephalotus's post
21-11-2013, 05:56 AM
(20-11-2013 09:18 PM)Cephalotus Wrote:  I'm surprised there isn't already a thread along these lines. (Or is there?)

Gather around the campfire for a story, kids:
When I was in High School, there was an elective class on Greek mythology. (I took this class instead of Literature of The Bible because I honestly felt that taking LOTB class would be cheating, as I already knew everything.) The teacher was discussing monotheism vs. polytheism, and she mentioned that monotheistic Gods are always omnipotent while cultures that worshiped pantheons always gave their Gods more human characteristics such as anger and lust. (Hmmmm.)

She had us partner up to make lists of polytheistic God traits. I was a Christian at the time and jokingly mentioned to my partner that our God was a jealous God. She responded with: "Yes, but he's real."

I guess I don't have to point out the irony to you guys.
Big Grin Oh shit. Funny, but sad at the same time.
21-11-2013, 06:41 AM
I don't wanna come across all vindictive but...

Dodgy

or did you mean...
[Image: nemanja-vidic.jpg]

21-11-2013, 08:51 AM
(21-11-2013 06:41 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I don't wanna come across all vindictive but...

Fixt Big Grin

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.