View of the afterlife in Job

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-08-2015, 07:03 AM
RE: View of the afterlife in Job
(07-08-2015 03:04 AM)morondog Wrote:  Well we care because you guys tend to say things like "I am jumping off this cliff because Jesus told me to in Hallucinations Chapter 3 verse 15". Anyone would want to say "No, you can't do that, you're crazy, don't jump".
On top of that religious people use the dominance of their religion to force other people to conform when they don't want to, or to make changes in public policy like creationists trying to force religious education. That stuff needs to be opposed.
OK, I understand this.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post
07-08-2015, 07:15 AM
(07-08-2015 05:08 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-08-2015 11:22 PM)Alla Wrote:  Sure. I will be glad to provide this information for you
Hebrews 1:
8(God speaks to Son) But unto the Son He saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever
9...therefore God, even thy God , hath anointed thee with the oil...
10 thou, Lord, in the beginning HAST LAID THE FOUNDATION OF THE EARTH; and THE HEAVENS ARE THE WORKS OF THINE HANDS

Hebrews 1:
6 And again, when God brings his firstborn into the world, he says,
“Let all God’s angels worship him.”
7 In speaking of the angels he says,
“He makes his angels spirits,
and his servants flames of fire.”
8 But about the Son he says,
“Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever;
a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom.

Your interpretation is out of context. Nice cherry-picking, sweetie.

In verse 8 God speaks to His Son by calling Him "God"
God the Father promises that His Son (whom He calls "God") will have a throne for ever and ever in His kingdom(meaning Son's kingdom).
Son Yahweh the first and the last God in His kingdom.
But it doesn't mean that God the Father doesn't have His Kingdom where He is the first and the last God.

07-08-2015, 07:16 AM
(07-08-2015 02:39 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(06-08-2015 11:24 PM)jennybee Wrote:  a clear reading of Isaiah has God stating there will be no one after him. He is the first and the last.
An example: if I build my kingdom and I am the first king in this kingdom and I am immortal so I will be the last I can tell my people: there was no other king formed before me. I am the first and the last. I am talking only about my kingdom.
It doesn't mean that I do not have my father who is also a king but somewhere else.
Son Yahweh was talking only about kingdom that His God and His Father let Him to build.
It was not the time yet to reveal that this God Yahweh, God of the house of Israel had His God and His Father and that His God and His Father had His Kingdom somewhere far, far away from the Earth.
(06-08-2015 11:24 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Additionally, there are several passages in the NT where jesus does not have any authority. God made laws in the OT and jesus even says he did not come to abolish the law and not one jot or tittle should be changed.
Time came for Yahweh to become a mortal man to save all people from death and from sins. And this was the time to reveal His God and His Father.
Why did He reveal His Father and His God to the house of Israel when He lived on Earth? That when Jesus tells me: "Follow Me" I can learn from His example what it means to follow Him. The same way He obeyed His God I have to obey Jesus(God Son Yahweh).

The reason isaiah says that God is the first and the last is because the Israelites were monotheistic by this point. They were not thinking of a son or sons of God because they wanted to keep the religion monotheistic. Bringing in sons and daughters of deities is exactly what they were trying to make a break from.

Don't forget, Jesus was never 100 percent mortal. He was a demigod. Many religions have them.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
07-08-2015, 07:21 AM
(07-08-2015 02:44 AM)Alla Wrote:  The Bible can be very confusing. It is very easy to make wrong conclusions. But atheist shouldn't even care about this.
I am sure you do not care about right understanding of the Bible. And it is OK with me.

I do care about the right understanding of the Bible--from a scholarly point of view. As I mentioned before, I find many ancient texts interesting and I enjoy learning about the cultures that spawned them.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
07-08-2015, 07:29 AM
(07-08-2015 07:21 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I do care about the right understanding of the Bible--from a scholarly point of view. As I mentioned before, I find many ancient texts interesting and I enjoy learning about the cultures that spawned them.
OK Smile

07-08-2015, 01:11 PM
(07-08-2015 02:44 AM)Alla Wrote:  The Bible can be very confusing. It is very easy to make wrong conclusions. But atheist shouldn't even care about this.
I am sure you do not care about right understanding of the Bible. And it is OK with me.

Oh. And the ignoramus who doesn't even know who Yahweh was is preaching at us. Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
15-08-2015, 01:32 PM
View of the afterlife in Job
If there is a before life that precedes birth then; there should be an afterlife that follows death. Were you conscious in your before life? If not, will you be a conscious in an after life?
15-08-2015, 03:06 PM
(15-08-2015 01:32 PM)Metronome Wrote:  If there is a before life that precedes birth then; there should be an afterlife that follows death. Were you conscious in your before life?
Yes,( according to the revelation from God Yahweh).

15-08-2015, 04:07 PM
(06-08-2015 10:45 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(06-08-2015 06:21 PM)jennybee Wrote:  "Before Me there was no God formed, And there will be none after Me." Isaiah 43:10

"'I am the first and I am the last, And there is no God besides Me." Isaiah 44:6
1)We know from the Bible that there are at least two( at this point I do not want to talk about Holy Ghost) - Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ.

2)We also know from the Bible that there is only One God.

3)OT says that God is Yahweh. In NT Son or Jesus Christ says that He has His God and His Father.

From this we may conclude that if there is only one God and if Son Jesus Christ called His Father God than Yahweh is Father.

But it says in NT that God Father calls His Son - "God" and says that Son created earth. OT says that Yahweh created this earth.
Questions:
Why would God Father call His Son "God" if there is only one God?
Why would God say that Jesus created the earth when we know that God Yahweh created the earth?

The answer:
There is God Heavenly Father. He has His Son Yahweh Who long time ago didin't have the same glory as His Father has. God Father chose Son Yahweh as a Creator of this Earth and to become a Mediator between Him and us(mortals or children of God Father).
In other words God Father gave to His Son Yahweh ALL authority. Son Yahweh became God of the House of Israel(OT times). He became a Lawgiver to the house of Israel.
When Son Yahweh was speaking to house of Israel it was the same as God the Father would speak to them. Yahweh was a mouthpiece for God the Father.
By worshiping Son Yahweh house of Israel is worshiping God the Father.
When we read words of Son Yahweh: "Before Me there was no God formed, And there will be none after Me" we read the message(word) of God the Father through His Son Yahweh.

God is not only one person. God is also a union of three Gods or three separate persons who ONE in purpose. One God means one UNION of Gods.
Gods have different glory. God the Father is the most high God among Gods/gods.

P.S. I do not insist that you accept this understanding of the Bible and meaning of words "one God". I am just giving you an opportunity to learn this information.

How's the weather in your part of the world? The sun is warm. A breeze is cool. It's nice to feel these things on your skin.

Take some slow deep breaths. Feel the soil between your toes. Be quiet and listen to the wind and the birds.

Everything just is.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-08-2015, 06:50 PM
(06-08-2015 11:22 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(06-08-2015 11:03 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Prove it. Chapter and verse.
Sure. I will be glad to provide this information for you
Hebrews 1:
8(God speaks to Son) But unto the Son He saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever
9...therefore God, even thy God , hath anointed thee with the oil...
10 thou, Lord, in the beginning HAST LAID THE FOUNDATION OF THE EARTH; and THE HEAVENS ARE THE WORKS OF THINE HANDS

Now all you have to do is prove that a god said the words obviously written by a human hand. Take your time dear.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post