View of the afterlife in Job

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-08-2015, 09:12 PM
RE: View of the afterlife in Job
(15-08-2015 06:50 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(06-08-2015 11:22 PM)Alla Wrote:  Sure. I will be glad to provide this information for you
Hebrews 1:
8(God speaks to Son) But unto the Son He saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever
9...therefore God, even thy God , hath anointed thee with the oil...
10 thou, Lord, in the beginning HAST LAID THE FOUNDATION OF THE EARTH; and THE HEAVENS ARE THE WORKS OF THINE HANDS

Now all you have to do is prove that a god said the words obviously written by a human hand. Take your time dear.
Sure Smile

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-08-2015, 09:19 PM
(06-08-2015 10:57 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  Trying to find sense in the bible just strikes me as utterly pointless. The thing is like a textbook that in Chapter 1 says 2 + 2 = 5, without any explanation from whence that equation was derived, then later in Chapter 3 says 2 + 2 = 17.84 and 2/3, again without any explanation for its derivation or unorthodox representation, and ALL of its chapters and verses are similarly impenetrable. You just to put the thing down and say "why bother?"

It's 2015. Libraries across the world are filled with mega-trillions of words written by millions of educated brilliant minds - why the !@#$!!% give an ancient trifling million words set down in ignorance the least credence when on any topic therein the contemporary literature supercedes it by billions of words and the proof of scientific inquiry by learned competent scientists whose findings corroborate each other?
Yeah because we all know the more words you say that more clear the message is. And let's not forget that since the age of enlightenment we have been shut down spiritually leading to a very flawed view or perception of reality. Thank you.
16-08-2015, 03:16 PM
(15-08-2015 09:19 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Yeah because we all know the more words you say that more clear the message is. And let's not forget that since the age of enlightenment we have been shut down spiritually leading to a very flawed view or perception of reality. Thank you.

... Shut down spiritually but hey, you *have the option* not to use a computer. The rest of us flawed mofos will just get on with our lives Dodgy

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
16-08-2015, 04:18 PM
Morondog,

I am not speaking about technology as I am using it to communicate. Society pretends to be indifferent to good and bad as if they don't exist in order to Perdue their selfish wants with minimal internal conflict.
16-08-2015, 04:31 PM
(16-08-2015 04:18 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Morondog,

I am not speaking about technology as I am using it to communicate. Society pretends to be indifferent to good and bad as if they don't exist in order to Perdue their selfish wants with minimal internal conflict.

Perhaps they are actually open to viewing what is establishably real and what quite isn't.

Also what society do you speak of? Which one? You talk a lot of game as if there is one society that rules and has altered since the scientific revolution.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
16-08-2015, 04:46 PM
The society I speak of is mainstream society that has been manipulated and lead astray by the conglomerate of the ancient Roman Catholic Church and pagans. They destroyed hystorical and biblical evidence while purposefully misleading Christianity through translation of the Bible. Oh yeah, they also lead a violent campaign to obliterate and pillage all other religions that they saw as a threat to their selfish greedy goals. I will be happy to go into any details that anyone would Cate to hear. Thank you.
16-08-2015, 04:59 PM
(16-08-2015 04:46 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  The society I speak of is mainstream society that has been manipulated and lead astray by the conglomerate of the ancient Roman Catholic Church and pagans. They destroyed hystorical and biblical evidence while purposefully misleading Christianity through translation of the Bible. Oh yeah, they also lead a violent campaign to obliterate and pillage all other religions that they saw as a threat to their selfish greedy goals. I will be happy to go into any details that anyone would Cate to hear. Thank you.

Well that's a whole other topic but you kinda stepped away from the one here with that point.

Again how would you determine the proper perceptions of reality? Those of times when even the Jewish Semitic region viewed the world via multiple gods impacting the way of things and peoples lives? or the one god that somehow stands alone above all that controls things? Perhaps, the perception of no grand impactor at all existing to make bickering contests with peoples lives is the view?

What is the factor you would firmly test the others with to determine which is a flawed view of reality?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
16-08-2015, 06:10 PM (This post was last modified: 16-08-2015 09:36 PM by DLJ.)
Of all the bewildering tosh in this thread, this post struck me as the most revealing:

(06-08-2015 01:51 PM)Alla Wrote:  ...
Resurrection is a change.

So, that is why Job (and not some kind of another person) wrote:

"For I know that my Redeemer(JESUS CHRIST) lives, and that at the last he will stand upon the earth; and after my skin has been thus destroyed, then in my flesh(change) I shall see God, whom I shall see on my side, and my eyes shall behold, and not another."

If you have more question feel free to ask.

Yes, there is life after death according to Job.

Lemme have a stab at turning wishful thinking into an assertion into a 'fact'...

For I know that my Redeemer (FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER) lives, and that at the last he will stand upon the earth (on his noodly appendages); and after my skin has been thus destroyed, then in my flesh (MEATBALLS) I shall see God (the FSM), whom I shall see on my side (plate), and my eyes shall behold, and not another."

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
16-08-2015, 07:07 PM
(15-08-2015 01:32 PM)Metronome Wrote:  If there is a before life that precedes birth then; there should be an afterlife that follows death. Were you conscious in your before life? If not, will you be a conscious in an after life?

But since there isn't a "before life", your argument is for naught.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-08-2015, 07:29 PM
(16-08-2015 04:59 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(16-08-2015 04:46 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  The society I speak of is mainstream society that has been manipulated and lead astray by the conglomerate of the ancient Roman Catholic Church and pagans. They destroyed hystorical and biblical evidence while purposefully misleading Christianity through translation of the Bible. Oh yeah, they also lead a violent campaign to obliterate and pillage all other religions that they saw as a threat to their selfish greedy goals. I will be happy to go into any details that anyone would Cate to hear. Thank you.

Well that's a whole other topic but you kinda stepped away from the one here with that point.

Again how would you determine the proper perceptions of reality? Those of times when even the Jewish Semitic region viewed the world via multiple gods impacting the way of things and peoples lives? or the one god that somehow stands alone above all that controls things? Perhaps, the perception of no grand impactor at all existing to make bickering contests with peoples lives is the view?

What is the factor you would firmly test the others with to determine which is a flawed view of reality?
Unfortunately, most seem to be strayed just enough to lack a solid connection to the creator. Of course this is a near perfect scenario for the destroyer,or manipulator, or seducer, or insidious one that lies there in our core among with the Righteous one.

Muslums are by the natural law yet are often times Lear astray by the anger they hold, not intentionally towards the manipulated of faithful, but the manipulators.

Judaism was at one point to proud and set themselves up above the rest of civilization. This was not due initially due to the RCC or pagans. Another of there follies of old is that they allowed themselves to be lead astray after knowledge of the righteous path. This is supremely damning as evident by their continued torment to this day. Forms of Buddhism have attained a good connection with the consciousness of reality but most are passive to the point of neglect of action even with knowledge. This could be seen as greedy to others, and may or may not be in reality. Buddhist can no doubt tap into existence. And by being wholly selfless and acknowledge that existence is a form of God because it is of the creator, so they indeed worship God, will be quite helpfully when the time strikes.
Christians have been lead astray more so than most in some sects, quite unfortunately. Through there devout Gerber coupled with manipulation through translation, and greed God money and power, many of them will never attain the true right path. Some more directed towards the teachings of Christ as opposed to worshipping the man Christ in a selfish hateful manner are without doubt of the truly faithful and blessed.

The point is that there is one God. It is all positive things. It cannot be worshipped correctly through any selfish means. It is directly related to us in that it is all existence and we are a key part of existence in our unique gift of being and free will/ potential/ responsibility. The non believers are blessed in that through there misdirection by the teachings of the powers that be they are effectively given a freebie. And may reap the benefits of the right direction under God, henceforth having infinite possibility as far as an afterlife for the good of existence is concerned.

I am sorry to cut this short. I need a little break, my phone is messing up. Give me a few please.

Those of religion; please be patient with me. All praise is for the one God. Thank you all who read with patience and an opened mind.