View of the afterlife in Job

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-08-2015, 07:37 PM
RE: View of the afterlife in Job
(16-08-2015 07:29 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  The point is that there is one God.

The point is that you continue to post unsubstantiated garbage. Please provide evidence for your claims. Your "feels" are irrelevant.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
16-08-2015, 07:48 PM
(16-08-2015 06:10 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Of all the bewildering tosh in this tread, this post struck me as the most revealing:

(06-08-2015 01:51 PM)Alla Wrote:  ...
Resurrection is a change.

So, that is why Job (and not some kind of another person) wrote:

"For I know that my Redeemer(JESUS CHRIST) lives, and that at the last he will stand upon the earth; and after my skin has been thus destroyed, then in my flesh(change) I shall see God, whom I shall see on my side, and my eyes shall behold, and not another."

If you have more question feel free to ask.

Yes, there is life after death according to Job.

Lemme have a stab at turning wishful thinking into an assertion into a 'fact'...

For I know that my Redeemer (FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER) lives, and that at the last he will stand upon the earth (on his noodly appendages); and after my skin has been thus destroyed, then in my flesh (MEATBALLS) I shall see God (the FSM), whom I shall see on my side (plate), and my eyes shall behold, and not another."
That's perfect. Just omit anything in parentheses and remember that the resurrection of Jesus is relevant to our own resurrection from sin. And the second coming of Crist will be through man, just as the first was.

You may want to keep in mind that the beginning the end of evil is waiting on this moment.

Thank you.

All praise is to God.
16-08-2015, 09:55 PM (This post was last modified: 16-08-2015 10:01 PM by DLJ.)
(16-08-2015 07:48 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(16-08-2015 06:10 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Of all the bewildering tosh in this tread, this post struck me as the most revealing:

Lemme have a stab at turning wishful thinking into an assertion into a 'fact'...

For I know that my Redeemer (FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER) lives, and that at the last he will stand upon the earth (on his noodly appendages); and after my skin has been thus destroyed, then in my flesh (MEATBALLS) I shall see God (the FSM), whom I shall see on my side (plate), and my eyes shall behold, and not another."
That's perfect. Just omit anything in parentheses and remember that the resurrection of Jesus is relevant to our own resurrection from sin. And the second coming of Crist will be through man, just as the first was.

You may want to keep in mind that the beginning the end of evil is waiting on this moment.

Thank you.

All praise is to God.

Two thoughts spring to mind:

1. Regarding the adding / omitting parenthesis rule, I'm tempted to, in future, place everything you write in brackets.

2. I thank the FSM for revealing to me in a dream that after-death resurrection is physically impossible and that sin is just a category label for "fun stuff that you should try before you die".

Allah be praised etc.

Thank you.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
16-08-2015, 09:59 PM

Thank you.

All praise is to God.

The penalty for a Roman soldier who deserted his post was to be bludgeoned to death. Why did the Roman soldier admit to deserting his post as lookout for Jesus, when he knew it would lead to certain death?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
16-08-2015, 10:38 PM
(16-08-2015 09:59 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Why did the Roman soldier admit to deserting his post as lookout for Jesus, when he knew it would lead to certain death?

Because Christians love to tell stories about heroic martyrs?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
17-08-2015, 03:37 AM

Thank you.

All praise is to God.

Is English your third language, or did you just not pay attention in school?

If you have any friends, and they are educated, please get one of them to check your posts before you post.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-08-2015, 05:25 AM
(17-08-2015 03:37 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(16-08-2015 07:48 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  That's perfect. Just omit anything in parentheses and remember that the resurrection of Jesus is relevant to our own resurrection from sin. And the second coming of Crist will be through man, just as the first was.

Thank you.

All praise is to God.

Is English your third language, or did you just not pay attention in school?

If you have any friends, and they are educated, please get one of them to check your posts before you post.
I'm using a touch screen phone in the heat of the day, making it glitchy when typing and sweating. I try to proofread to an extent, but miss things sometimes.
17-08-2015, 06:00 AM
(17-08-2015 05:25 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  ... but miss things sometimes.

Like reality?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
17-08-2015, 06:14 AM
(17-08-2015 06:00 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(17-08-2015 05:25 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  ... but miss things sometimes.

Like reality?
Oh, cool. Guess I should have figured.