Views on Jesus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-04-2010, 06:44 PM

RE: Views on Jesus
(07-04-2010 06:42 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(07-04-2010 06:40 PM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  
(07-04-2010 06:38 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  
(07-04-2010 06:38 PM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  Yeah, Unbeliever won't be able to walk away from that....

He will, has has no proof of his point and no credentials o back it up.

Regardless of what he says, he doesn't seem bashful about talking.

Who, me? Why should I be bashful? If you think I've made a mistake somewhere, say so. I just don't trust martin to point it out, due to the volume of mistakes that he's made.
(07-04-2010 06:41 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  
(07-04-2010 06:40 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(07-04-2010 06:36 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  
(07-04-2010 06:32 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(07-04-2010 06:28 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  ...round and round and round she goes. Where she stops...

Okay, okay. Sorry. I'll stop. It's really annoying to have to let martin's fallacies slide, but whatever. I'll try to stop derailing threads.

All I asked was for him to prove his point and once again he has no answers, not really that hard to answer. There was no fallacy, just prove your point, not that hard, quit running and show some thought.

Quote:He will, has has no proof of his point and no credentials o back it up.

You haven't answered my question. What are you looking for proof of? That would-be prophets existed? That there was no historical Jesus? What do you want? I can't answer your question until you tell me what it is.

Really not that hard, you made a claim, prove it!

Really not that hard. I asked you what you wanted me to prove. Answer the question.

You are so good at fallacies, which one did you just commit?
Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2010, 06:45 PM
Just so everyone remembers, here's the post that martin is asking me to prove:

Unbeliever Wrote:He was probably an amalgamation of several "prophets" of the time.

EDIT: With a healthy dose of mythology added, too.

Note the "probably". I did not say that he definitely was, as I cannot prove it. I simply think that it is the most likely conclusion, as would-be prophets existed during that time, and, as Jesus was likely fictional, it would make sense for his character to be based on some of these people.
So again, martin, I ask what it is that you want.
(07-04-2010 06:44 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  You are so good at fallacies, which one did you just commit?

As far as I can see, none. If you think I made one, name it, and present your evidence that I did.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2010, 06:48 PM
(07-04-2010 06:42 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Who, me? Why should I be bashful? If you think I've made a mistake somewhere, say so. I just don't trust martin to point it out, due to the volume of mistakes that he's made.

Nothing wrong with being out spoken. You haven't made a mistake that I've noticed. I was trying to take a middle-of-the-road approach, not commenting on if your valid in your responses, least I be dragged into this thing, and making my point that you will respond, which you did.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
07-04-2010, 06:50 PM
(07-04-2010 06:48 PM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  
(07-04-2010 06:42 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Who, me? Why should I be bashful? If you think I've made a mistake somewhere, say so. I just don't trust martin to point it out, due to the volume of mistakes that he's made.

Nothing wrong with being out spoken. You haven't made a mistake that I've noticed. I was trying to take a middle-of-the-road approach, not commenting on if your valid in your responses, least I be dragged into this thing, and making my point that you will respond, which you did.

Fair enough. I just can't help it. It's a knee-jerk reaction. Tongue

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
07-04-2010, 06:50 PM

He didn't respond!
07-04-2010, 06:51 PM
(07-04-2010 06:50 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  

He didn't respond!

I did. Many times. You still haven't told me what it is that you want me to prove. It's you that has been avoiding a response.

07-04-2010, 06:52 PM

(07-04-2010 06:42 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(07-04-2010 06:40 PM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  
(07-04-2010 06:38 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  
(07-04-2010 06:38 PM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  Yeah, Unbeliever won't be able to walk away from that....

He will, has has no proof of his point and no credentials o back it up.

Regardless of what he says, he doesn't seem bashful about talking.

Who, me? Why should I be bashful? If you think I've made a mistake somewhere, say so. I just don't trust martin to point it out, due to the volume of mistakes that he's made.
(07-04-2010 06:41 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  
(07-04-2010 06:40 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(07-04-2010 06:36 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  
(07-04-2010 06:32 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(07-04-2010 06:28 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  ...round and round and round she goes. Where she stops...

Okay, okay. Sorry. I'll stop. It's really annoying to have to let martin's fallacies slide, but whatever. I'll try to stop derailing threads.

All I asked was for him to prove his point and once again he has no answers, not really that hard to answer. There was no fallacy, just prove your point, not that hard, quit running and show some thought.

Quote:He will, has has no proof of his point and no credentials o back it up.

You haven't answered my question. What are you looking for proof of? That would-be prophets existed? That there was no historical Jesus? What do you want? I can't answer your question until you tell me what it is.

Really not that hard, you made a claim, prove it!

Really not that hard. I asked you what you wanted me to prove. Answer the question.

I wish I could write in crayon with you. prooooovvvvveee thattttt "He was probably an amalgamation of several "prophets" of the time." Heeeee beiiingggg Jesus, I ammmm asssssummming. Was that slow enough for you?
07-04-2010, 06:54 PM
martin, you still don't get it. I even posted about this earlier.

I did not concretely state that Jesus was an amalgamation of prophets. I can't prove that, any more than anyone else here can prove that he was a deluded man who really existed or a man who became a figurehead posthumously. I stated that I think it is most likely.

07-04-2010, 06:58 PM

(07-04-2010 06:54 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  martin, you still don't get it. I even posted about this earlier.

I did not concretely state that Jesus was an amalgamation of prophets. I can't prove that, any more than anyone else here can prove that he was a deluded man who really existed or a man who became a figurehead posthumously. I stated that I think it is most likely.

Ok, now we are getting somewhere! Why would you make a claim of something you cannot prove, or have evidence of?
07-04-2010, 07:07 PM
(07-04-2010 06:58 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  
(07-04-2010 06:54 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  martin, you still don't get it. I even posted about this earlier.

Ok, now we are getting somewhere! Why would you make a claim of something you cannot prove, or have evidence of?

Because I did not claim it as fact. I claimed it as opinion. In my opinion, it is most likely that he was a fictional character based on real-life "prophets". This opinion is caused by my evaluation of the following evidence:

- "prophets" existed
- there was no historical Jesus
- writers often base their characters on real-life people

I can't prove that this is what he was, any more than anyone else can prove that he was a deluded maniac or a simple rabbi who was later made into a figurehead. But I do think that this is the most likely answer.
So what is it that you want?