Views you held that make you wanna...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-05-2014, 07:32 AM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2014 07:36 AM by BlackMason.)
Views you held that make you wanna...
Facepalm Yeah, you got that right. I'm talking about views (not limited to religion) that you had before becoming an atheist/sceptic.

I used to frequent a news site that had a self publish part for the audience to participate. Post your article and let the public comment. Religion was a hot topic and the war between atheists and theists was a no holds barred affair. I remember reading what the blasphemous atheists used to write. I couldn't believe it. How could this be? I'd think to myself, "God, you've got a lot of ass kicking to do on judgment day."

Wow it was so strange. I almost wanted to reach into the screen and slap me some atheists. This is what the bible means by a generation with hard hearts! Why are they so willing, no begging to go to hell? I couldn't reconcile this with any logic ( Laughat ) that I had. Then I noticed something in me change.

I wanted them to go to hell. How was I gonna live a repressed life by trying to please god the whole time while they wine and dine with all manner of sin. Sin's fun and pleasing god is not. Now I truly understand why some Islamists look forward to sitting in their seats of righteousness and watching those who rejected Allah suffer in eternal damnation and enjoy it. That's what religion does. It makes you hate humans. I've come to notice something else: I actually became like the god of the bible himself, A DEMON IN DISGUISE!! Peel away the fake Angel and lo and behold...Evil_monster.

Perhaps it's years of turning a blind eye to the atrocious things that god does and yet he is still called Prince of Peace. Perhaps somewhere deep in the subconscious where there is no critical factor to sift things, these actions are passed off as good. Maybe that's why good people can do the things they do for religion. Their pain would be my joy. Their cries would nourish me and spur me on to serve my lord. How else was I to know that I was doing right for a silent god?

Now I just cringe when I think of these things. Man! Facepalm

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply