Viocjit the Agnostic Christian

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-10-2016, 06:57 AM
RE: Viocjit the Agnostic Christian
(06-10-2016 02:11 PM)viocjit Wrote:  I don't like the word "believe" for this context because Atheism is the absence of belief in any god. This is why I don't want to say "I believe that they can't exist" but prefer to say "I don't believe that they can exist".
correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't strong atheism mean the believe that god doesn't exist?
and if stong Atheism means "I don't believe that they can exist", what does weak Atheism mean?

(06-10-2016 02:11 PM)viocjit Wrote:  Why don't I believe in Deism :
One reason among others is I can't conceptualise the existence of a deist god or a deist goddess because this divinity is different for each deist.
isn't the point if deism that god DOES NOT influence us, therefore those differences would still be consistent?
(06-10-2016 02:11 PM)viocjit Wrote:  Why don't I believe in Pantheism :
One reason among others is the next :
If the whole universe is God itself.
Are we a part of this God ourselves ?
I don't think humans are divinities or
a part of a divinity.
plus, if God is the universe, why call him/her/it "god" and not "universe"

The best thing about atheism is, since it's a LACK of belief, it can't be wrong.

The worst thing about atheism is, since it's a LACK of belief, it can't be right.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2016, 07:43 PM
(07-10-2016 06:57 AM)thatoneguy Wrote:  
(06-10-2016 02:11 PM)viocjit Wrote:  I don't like the word "believe" for this context because Atheism is the absence of belief in any god. This is why I don't want to say "I believe that they can't exist" but prefer to say "I don't believe that they can exist".
correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't strong atheism mean the believe that god doesn't exist?
and if stong Atheism means "I don't believe that they can exist", what does weak Atheism mean?

(06-10-2016 02:11 PM)viocjit Wrote:  Why don't I believe in Deism :
One reason among others is I can't conceptualise the existence of a deist god or a deist goddess because this divinity is different for each deist.
isn't the point if deism that god DOES NOT influence us, therefore those differences would still be consistent?
(06-10-2016 02:11 PM)viocjit Wrote:  Why don't I believe in Pantheism :
One reason among others is the next :
If the whole universe is God itself.
Are we a part of this God ourselves ?
I don't think humans are divinities or
a part of a divinity.
plus, if God is the universe, why call him/her/it "god" and not "universe"

Yes , Atheism mean believe in the non-existence of any God. But I prefer the next definition : Atheism is an unbelief in any God.
Even if we can use the verb "believe" in this context.
I prefer to speak about unbelief because it seem to be more accurate for me.

Yes , Deism is believe that god does not influence us.
Even if God doesn't influence us. Deists have a different depiction of this God in theirs mind. If he / it doesn't try to influence us.

How can they perceive him / it ?
I think that perception of this supernatural being is influenced by Christian influences for those who live in society in which Christianity is the religion the most representative of the population.
I think perception of this being is a delusion.
I'd like to say more about Deism but it would be too long.

You write : "plus, if God is the universe, why call him/her/it "god" and not "universe""

This is a good question. I used the word God to be understood in the simplest way. Of course , if God was the universe it would be logic to call it universe.
10-10-2016, 11:54 AM
(09-10-2016 07:43 PM)viocjit Wrote:  Yes , Atheism mean believe in the non-existence of any God.
I never said that.

I was talking about Strong Atheism being that
(09-10-2016 07:43 PM)viocjit Wrote:  I think that perception of this supernatural being is influenced by Christian influences for those who live in society in which Christianity is the religion the most representative of the population.
I would take Poinson on thatYes

The best thing about atheism is, since it's a LACK of belief, it can't be wrong.

The worst thing about atheism is, since it's a LACK of belief, it can't be right.
14-10-2016, 04:29 AM
(10-10-2016 11:54 AM)thatoneguy Wrote:  
(09-10-2016 07:43 PM)viocjit Wrote:  Yes , Atheism mean believe in the non-existence of any God.
I never said that.

I was talking about Strong Atheism being that
(09-10-2016 07:43 PM)viocjit Wrote:  I think that perception of this supernatural being is influenced by Christian influences for those who live in society in which Christianity is the religion the most representative of the population.
I would take Poinson on thatYes

You're right. You was talking about Strong Atheism being that. But I answered about another topic. Where was my mind (No , I will use the word brain because I don't believe about mind existence) at this time ?
When I was writing this sentence I though to a track from 2004 called "The world is mine" by Pierre David Guetta more known under the stage name of David Guetta.
Biography of this DJ : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Guetta
Information about this song : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_World_...etta_song)

Why I though about this song ?
The sentence "Where was my mind ?" seem similar to "The world is mine" from my point of view. I'm speaking about rhythms of these sentences.

Anyway , I'll answer to you.
I think there are not an universal definition of this concept.
When I define myself as a Strong Atheist.
These two words haven't a sufficient strength to define myself.
You can use the therm Gnostic Atheist if you want.
I can define strong Atheism as a strong unbelief in any God and weak Atheism as a weak unbelief in God.

Caricatural explanation :
Strong Atheism = God isn't real.
Weak Atheism = God is probably not real.
14-10-2016, 05:43 AM
Welcome!

Front row seats for the Lancelot Link and the Evolution Revolution Reunion Tour!
15-10-2016, 04:40 AM
(14-10-2016 04:29 AM)viocjit Wrote:  I can define strong Atheism as a strong unbelief in any God and weak Atheism as a weak unbelief in God.

that definition accually makes a lot of sence Smile