Violence by catholics against Femen

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-11-2012, 03:25 PM
Violence by catholics against Femen
A counter demonstration by the activist group Femen, against a march by hard line catholics protesting the proposal by the French government to allow same sex marriages, was the target of physical violence and verbal abuse yesterday in Paris. Journalists and photographers were also assaulted by the catholic demonstrators. So now it's clear that muslim groups aren't the only ones cabable of fanatical violence when faced with any criticism of their beliefs !

The reason given by Femen for their, admittedly, provocative action, is that a religious group should not be allowed to influence the debate on a secular subject. This is, I'm pleased to say, a position that is not considered at all scandalous in France. From what I read elsewhere on the Forums this doesn't seem to be the case everywhere !

As a sideline observation, I've noticed that most of the English language coverage of this event that I've found seems very circumspect about the level of violence suffered by these women, or who exactly perpetrated it. The French language coverage is generally much more unequivocal, clearly putting blame on the catholic organisation behind Sunday's march.
(warning : Femen activists protest topless, so do not click if this might offend you. Photos in first link have been blurred out)
Example of English language report : http://rt.com/news/femen-clash-france-gay-marriage-068/
If you read French, compare with this report :
http://tempsreel.nouvelobs.com/mariage-g...istes.html
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Idlecuriosity's post
19-11-2012, 03:46 PM
RE: Violence by catholics against Femen
I'm just a simple guy. Let people who love each other marry each other if they want to. Who does it really harm?

But whether you're for or against gay marriage, for God's sake, don't attack these protesters - what this old stinking world needs is more topless women marching. Everywhere. All the time. Don't attack them; feed them and support them and invite them to your hometown!

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
19-11-2012, 08:00 PM
(19-11-2012 03:46 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Don't attack them; feed them and support them and invite them to your hometown!
And homes.

[Image: giphy.gif]
20-11-2012, 12:16 PM
They're no good in my home. They like the ladies so they have no use for me. So, I'll just sit back and watch them march on by.

Unless they do windows? Nah, probably not...

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
20-11-2012, 12:42 PM
I was just speaking about topless women in general...and so what if they are lesbians? I can still admire their busty baggage. I'd host topless women in my home as long as they didn't wreck my shit, sexual orientation be damned. Big Grin

[Image: giphy.gif]
20-11-2012, 04:53 PM
Amateurs.

You wait until the topless women are attacked then you dash out of nowhere and save them like a white knight. Then they shower you with admiration (among other things).

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
20-11-2012, 05:04 PM
(20-11-2012 04:53 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  Amateurs.

You wait until the topless women are attacked then you dash out of nowhere and save them like a white knight. Then they shower you with admiration (among other things).
They're feminists. It doesn't work that way.

You dash out of nowhere and try to save them, but they beat you into a bloody pulp for your chauvinistic refusal to allow them to step up and fight their own battles. As they grind you beneath their jackbooted low heels, they smile a smug grin of satisfaction at putting another man in his rightful place.

Save your showers (of admiration or whatever) for the ladies who actually give a damn about you.

(I say this with the greatest of respect for feminists everywhere, some of my best friends are feminists, as is my daughter, and I even took a feminist class in college and it was NOT because a frat buddy told me it was a great class to meet chicks).

20-11-2012, 05:43 PM
(20-11-2012 05:04 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  
(20-11-2012 04:53 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  Amateurs.

They're feminists. It doesn't work that way.

You dash out of nowhere and try to save them, but they beat you into a bloody pulp for your chauvinistic refusal to allow them to step up and fight their own battles. As they grind you beneath their jackbooted low heels, they smile a smug grin of satisfaction at putting another man in his rightful place.

Save your showers (of admiration or whatever) for the ladies who actually give a damn about you.

(I say this with the greatest of respect for feminists everywhere, some of my best friends are feminists, as is my daughter, and I even took a feminist class in college and it was NOT because a frat buddy told me it was a great class to meet chicks).
That's why you have armor and a horse. Also who says I won't enjoy the beating?

NEW AND IMPROVED!
20-11-2012, 05:51 PM
(20-11-2012 05:43 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  That's why you have armor and a horse. Also who says I won't enjoy the beating?

As I remember it, the white knight gets all the glory. I don't remember even one fairy tale about the black-and-blue knight...

Each to his own. But I'm beginning to think you're the quixotic knight tilting at windmills here.

20-11-2012, 06:12 PM
(20-11-2012 05:51 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  
(20-11-2012 05:43 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  That's why you have armor and a horse. Also who says I won't enjoy the beating?

As I remember it, the white knight gets all the glory. I don't remember even one fairy tale about the black-and-blue knight...

Each to his own. But I'm beginning to think you're the quixotic knight tilting at windmills here.
Dam windmills. always thinking they're better than me

NEW AND IMPROVED!
[+] 1 user Likes Hamata k's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  More American school violence. Banjo 11 288 10-04-2014 09:42 AM
Last Post: Alex_Leonardo
  Brazil Catholics... Filox 16 1,230 28-05-2012 03:57 AM
Last Post: Filox
  Maybe We Over-Criticise The Catholics Hughsie 7 686 03-02-2012 06:04 AM
Last Post: Chas
  Taking on the Catholics scientician 0 229 19-01-2012 10:54 AM
Last Post: scientician
  Super bowl ad offends catholics.. freethinker1 7 532 11-01-2011 01:15 PM
Last Post: gaglamesh731
  The violence isn't at all surprising…it's from offended religious folk, after all obring 14 1,130 09-12-2010 05:42 PM
Last Post: BnW