Virgina or bust.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-08-2017, 11:59 AM
Virgina or bust.
I got a new slightly higher paying locksmith job in Virginia. Just outside Washington DC. Just worked out a deal with a landlord for a 3 story town house, that will coast me $100 less the what i'm paying now for a two bedroom apartment in California. The worst part is dealing with my passive agressive mother-in-law. But all and all im happy, and exited for the change.

So if anyone lives out that way it be nice to maybe meet or have someone give me some insider's tips.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Commonsensei's post
05-08-2017, 12:11 PM
RE: Virgina or bust.
Congrats! And good luck with the mother-in-law. Passive-aggressive relatives are the worst.

(I am SO not gonna say how I misread the title [Image: ashame10.gif])

I just now "got" your nickname. God, am I stupid or am I stupid?

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
05-08-2017, 12:15 PM
When are you moving? How close will the MIL be? Set your boundaries and calling/visiting rules firmly and early and stick to them. After all, it is your home, not hers.

And Vera, I did the EXACT same thing.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
05-08-2017, 01:31 PM
Yo Skype peeps are going through withdrawals, dude! Hobo

But I'm glad you're moving on up to the east side. Tongue

05-08-2017, 02:00 PM
(05-08-2017 11:59 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  I got a new slightly higher paying locksmith job in Virginia. Just outside Washington DC. Just worked out a deal with a landlord for a 3 story town house, that will coast me $100 less the what i'm paying now for a two bedroom apartment in California. The worst part is dealing with my passive agressive mother-in-law. But all and all im happy, and exited for the change.

I live a couple miles outside the DC line in Maryland near College Park.

(05-08-2017 11:59 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  So if anyone lives out that way it be nice to maybe meet or have someone give me some insider's tips.

Traffic's gonna suck unless you're coming from LA. where you're used to it. As a locksmith, you're gonna be sitting on the Beltway half of your day.

Also, don't fuck with Manuel. The whole place is riddled with MS-13.

#sigh
05-08-2017, 02:28 PM
Virgina is a polite word for pissy? Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
05-08-2017, 02:41 PM
(05-08-2017 02:28 PM)morondog Wrote:  Virgina is a polite word for pissy? Tongue

Not quite. Backwoods Appalachia inbred toothless motherfuckers trying to pronounce "vagina". Nothing polite about it.

#sigh
05-08-2017, 02:48 PM
(05-08-2017 02:00 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(05-08-2017 11:59 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  I got a new slightly higher paying locksmith job in Virginia. Just outside Washington DC. Just worked out a deal with a landlord for a 3 story town house, that will coast me $100 less the what i'm paying now for a two bedroom apartment in California. The worst part is dealing with my passive agressive mother-in-law. But all and all im happy, and exited for the change.

I live a couple miles outside the DC line in Maryland near College Park.

(05-08-2017 11:59 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  So if anyone lives out that way it be nice to maybe meet or have someone give me some insider's tips.

Traffic's gonna suck unless you're coming from LA. where you're used to it. As a locksmith, you're gonna be sitting on the Beltway half of your day.

Also, don't fuck with Manuel. The whole place is riddled with MS-13.

What about Manassas? That's where I just got a place. SoCal has really bad traffic. A 20 min drive can turn into a 1 1/2hrs, so im ready for it. Where is Manuel? Is that in the city?

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
05-08-2017, 03:21 PM

So if anyone lives out that way it be nice to maybe meet or have someone give me some insider's tips.

Congrats, CS!

I know people from there, I'll ask around and see what's good stuff to know.
05-08-2017, 03:22 PM
<EDITED>