Virgina or bust.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-08-2017, 03:38 PM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2017 05:44 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Virgina or bust.
(05-08-2017 02:48 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  What about Manassas? That's where I just got a place. SoCal has really bad traffic. A 20 min drive can turn into a 1 1/2hrs, so im ready for it.

Manassas itself ain't bad. Used to go to Bull Run National Park when I was a kid and re-imagined blood and guts and dead bodies and sepsis setting in everywhere. Good times. That was pretty cool. But limited work for locksmiths in Manassas per se, your wife and kids will be happy, good schools, nice parks, mid-level MS-13 managers for neighbors to maintain the peace and prosperity, but you're gonna be spending your time in traffic waiting to get to the lock.

(05-08-2017 02:48 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Where is Manuel? Is that in the city?

It's not a where, it's a who, silly. You're just outside of MS-13's tactical operational center in Northern Virginia. You'll be all right as long as you don't fuck with Manuel. They make good neighbors and keep the streets clean as long as you don't dick with their business. They will recruit locksmiths for various nefarious activities, though. Best to keep your guard up.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2017, 05:40 PM
Congratulations on the new job and location!

I haven't lived in Virginia for years and years, but I can tell you that DC-adjacent Virginia is more fun, although the traffic is iffy, than Richmond.
05-08-2017, 05:45 PM
(05-08-2017 03:38 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(05-08-2017 02:48 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  What about Manassas? That's where I just got a place. SoCal has really bad traffic. A 20 min drive can turn into a 1 1/2hrs, so im ready for it.

Manassas itself ain't bad. Used to go to Bull Run National Park when I was a kid and re-imagined blood and guts and dead bodies and sepsis setting in everywhere. Good times. That was pretty cool.

That was my first thought...if Common is a Civil War buff he's in the right place...marginally better than California!