Virginia Snow-pocalypse 2015

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-02-2015, 08:46 AM (This post was last modified: 26-02-2015 09:27 AM by goodwithoutgod.)
Virginia Snow-pocalypse 2015
So first let me say, that up north of us in the US, they have been getting their ass handed to them with winter storms, so when I cry about a foot of snow, they are going to roll their eyes and giggle....but we don't get this level of snow here ever, and the infrastructure, home and business structures, and people are not equipped or experienced with this shit. Here if it is sprinkling we have wrecks every 500 feet on the highways, let alone this....I am off today, and looked outside to find the world buried....awesome, we have a 4 day weekend because everything here is shut down like it is the mythical end times....bad news is I have military duty tomorrow...yay me. 16 mile road trip through a foot of snow in a honda accord coupe, and then a robust 1.15 mile walk through the shit to the ship...I just can't wait Rolleyes

[Image: 2ir4wpf.jpg]

[Image: 35jckfo.jpg]

[Image: 33afaew.jpg]

[Image: 2a5nq6w.jpg]

[Image: 2rfsks2.jpg]

so purty right now but going to SUCK tomorrow dealing with it..

Hows the weather in your neck of the woods? Chas you buried in somewhere?

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
26-02-2015, 09:20 AM
RE: Virginia Snow-pocalypse 2015
(26-02-2015 08:46 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  So first let me say, that up north of us in the US, they have been getting their ass handed to them with winter storms, so when I cry about a foot of snow, they are going to roll their eyes and giggle....but we don't get this level of snow here ever, and the infrastructure, home and business structures, and people are not equipped or experienced with this shit. Here if it is sprinkling we have wrecks every 500 feet on the highways, let alone this....I am off today, and looked outside to find the world buried....awesome, we have a 4 day weekend because everything here is shut down like it is the mythical end times....bad news is I have military duty tomorrow...yay me. 16 mile road trip through a foot of snow in a honda accord coupe, and then a robust 1.15 mile walk through the shit to the ship...I just can't wait Rolleyes

Rolls eyes. Rolleyes Giggles. Laugh out load

Seven feet of snow in as many weeks. Coldest February on record.

I'm Canadian - this is just sub-optimal skating weather. Big Grin

Looking out the French doors to the deck:

[Image: 15Feb15_03.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
26-02-2015, 09:23 AM
Officially we got a little over 8" here in North Alabama yesterday. Over a foot in some areas. Set all kinds of records. It may not be 7' but it was our single biggest February snowfall ever.

[Image: 2-26-15b_zpsnkf8hjjj.jpg]

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Popeye's Pappy's post
26-02-2015, 09:25 AM
(26-02-2015 09:20 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-02-2015 08:46 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  So first let me say, that up north of us in the US, they have been getting their ass handed to them with winter storms, so when I cry about a foot of snow, they are going to roll their eyes and giggle....but we don't get this level of snow here ever, and the infrastructure, home and business structures, and people are not equipped or experienced with this shit. Here if it is sprinkling we have wrecks every 500 feet on the highways, let alone this....I am off today, and looked outside to find the world buried....awesome, we have a 4 day weekend because everything here is shut down like it is the mythical end times....bad news is I have military duty tomorrow...yay me. 16 mile road trip through a foot of snow in a honda accord coupe, and then a robust 1.15 mile walk through the shit to the ship...I just can't wait Rolleyes

Rolls eyes. Rolleyes Giggles. Laugh out load

Seven feet of snow in as many weeks. Coldest February on record.

I'm Canadian - this is just sub-optimal skating weather. Big Grin

Looking out the French doors to the deck:

[Image: 15Feb15_03.jpg]

Holy shit!!!!!!!!!!!!! You need to move south! I have always said I can't live somewhere that if we lose power, i can die from the weather Weeping

Got enough adult beverages to keep you warm? Big Grin

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
26-02-2015, 09:28 AM
The stupid dogs love it Smile

[Image: m9oryb.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
26-02-2015, 09:32 AM
(26-02-2015 08:46 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  ...
Hows the weather in your neck of the woods?

Sub-optimal skating weather here too.

Angel

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
26-02-2015, 02:03 PM
I sympathize with you, GWG. It's a bitch when people don't know how to deal with it. I over wintered many years ago at Ft. Benning, Georgia and we got 6" one night. You'd have thought the Russians had attacked us the way those people dealt with it. I had come from the reservation up in South Dakota and to me it was not troublesome until you got at least 12" with 70 MPH winds followed by the temp dropping to -30F.

When I got out of the Army, I moved to Colorado and people skip work and school here if we get 12 inches in town, not because it's hard to handle but because 12" in Colorado Springs usually means at least two feet of fresh powder at the ski areas. We got 8 inches last night and we're supposed to get another 8 tonight. This morning I watched lots of friends driving up Highway 24 with their ski racks loaded. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Black Eagle's post
26-02-2015, 04:43 PM
You'll be alright gwog, promise! Give yourself an extra hour driving time. I know, seems like a lot for 16 miles right? Even in Iowa where snowy roads are the norm in winter, my 15 minute drive can turn into an hour or more with everyone driving slow to be safe. Especially if the roads haven't been cleared much yet. I'm guessing you don't have a fleet of snow plows clearing roads, so it'll be slick. Thumbsup

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
26-02-2015, 05:35 PM
Texas Snow-pocalypse:

[Image: snowflake2.jpg]

Tongue

[+] 3 users Like Escape Artist's post
26-02-2015, 05:39 PM
our local news was blowing up the last few days calling for 4"-10" of snow. My kids were so excited....we got rain and slush and tears.

Sad

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post