Virginity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-10-2013, 08:20 PM
RE: Virginity
So a woman is like ice cream? I think not.
And not true. Virgins can have STDs. Especially herpes from oral sex.

Also - the virginity isn't what will protect you from STDs, barrier protection will.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Cathym112's post
10-10-2013, 08:39 PM
I never understood the whole 72 virgins in paradise thing....why not 72 women who know what they are doing?

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 1 user Likes Cathym112's post
10-10-2013, 08:43 PM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2013 08:49 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(10-10-2013 08:39 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  I never understood the whole 72 virgins in paradise thing....why not 72 women who know what they are doing?

It's 72 grapes. It was a mistranslation.
Weeping
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/08/04/opinio...rapes.html

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
10-10-2013, 08:59 PM
(10-10-2013 08:04 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I like to get the first scoop of ice cream out of the carton too.....what does that say about me? Virginity is valued because people like to be first....and there is an advantage to being first. With sex you don't have to worry about getting the herpe or some other sex trophy.

I'd also like to say that the only way you can get an STD is if you aren't using barrier protection. Sure, a virgin doesn't put YOU at a huge risk if you don't use protection since she hasn't been with anyone but you are putting HER at a great risk since you are not the virgin.

Real classy, heywood. Real classy.
[+] 2 users Like Cathym112's post
10-10-2013, 11:13 PM
(10-10-2013 08:59 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  I'd also like to say that the only way you can get an STD is if you aren't using barrier protection. Sure, a virgin doesn't put YOU at a huge risk if you don't use protection since she hasn't been with anyone but you are putting HER at a great risk since you are not the virgin.

So what is your position exactly? That all else being equal, even though you may have whored yourself out to the entire football team(including the water boy) men should find you just as attractive as your virgin doppelganger because they can always slap on a condom? You're being ridiculous.

Valuing virginity doesn't devalue women. Valuing virginity is just valuing virginity. It isn't some attempt to denigrate women.

Vosur, Anjele, Hanoff.....have you learned nothing in my absence?
11-10-2013, 12:25 AM
(10-10-2013 11:13 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  So what is your position exactly? That all else being equal, even though you may have whored yourself out to the entire football team(including the water boy) men should find you just as attractive as your virgin doppelganger because they can always slap on a condom? You're being ridiculous.

Valuing virginity doesn't devalue women. Valuing virginity is just valuing virginity. It isn't some attempt to denigrate women.
I can't say I see a definite relationship between one's attractiveness and the number of sexual partners one has had, no.

Also, you seem to be ignoring whether or not a man has had zero/some/many sexual partners as if that doesn't matter. Men can have STDs too, you know. And yet I've never heard women going on about how they don't want to sleep with a man who's had a previous sexual partner.

But anyway, I don't think one's value as a person or as a potential girlfriend has anything to do with whether or not one has had sex before.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-10-2013, 12:51 AM
(11-10-2013 12:25 AM)amyb Wrote:  I can't say I see a definite relationship between one's attractiveness and the number of sexual partners one has had, no.

Also, you seem to be ignoring whether or not a man has had zero/some/many sexual partners as if that doesn't matter. Men can have STDs too, you know. And yet I've never heard women going on about how they don't want to sleep with a man who's had a previous sexual partner.

But anyway, I don't think one's value as a person or as a potential girlfriend has anything to do with whether or not one has had sex before.

You've never heard a girl speak about a boy and say something to the effect, "I want to be his first"?

Also you are conflating not wanting to sleep with a man whose had a previous sexual partner with preferring a man with no previous sexual partner. I would prefer a Bently, but I bought an Infiniti(and I am very happy with it).

I think there are women who value virginity in men. If they do are they doing so in order to denigrate men? I doubt it.

11-10-2013, 01:06 AM
(11-10-2013 12:25 AM)amyb Wrote:  
(10-10-2013 11:13 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  So what is your position exactly? That all else being equal, even though you may have whored yourself out to the entire football team(including the water boy) men should find you just as attractive as your virgin doppelganger because they can always slap on a condom? You're being ridiculous.

I can't say I see a definite relationship between one's attractiveness and the number of sexual partners one has had, no.

It's a power fantasy, I imagine in much the same way that rape is. The allure is from power, in this case the power of knowledge and experience. Part of that is also the very base enjoyment of conquest, of marking one's 'territory'. I really do think it's more a power trip than anything else, and is fed into by many cultures. How acceptable (and even admired) is it for a man to show his sexual prowess with multiple partners? How many of those same cultures have a cult like obsession with female virginity (and would label the woman a 'slut' or worse for exhibiting the admired male behavior)? Notice too that there isn't a Bible passage about stoning a non-virgin husband to death on his father's doorstep. Even the very act itself has overtones of male dominance, as a female losing her virginity is painful while for men it isn't. The whole thing reeks of misogyny, entitlement, and viewing women as less than equals. Dodgy

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
11-10-2013, 01:39 AM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2013 01:42 AM by amyb.)
(11-10-2013 12:51 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  You've never heard a girl speak about a boy and say something to the effect, "I want to be his first"? Maybe the people I know were more interested in the humans attached to the genitals than where the genitals had been. I can't recall anyone making a huge issue of virginity at all as a kid,except people wanting to "lose" it. I can't recall ever having met a woman that fetishized male virgins.

Also you are conflating not wanting to sleep with a man whose had a previous sexual partner with preferring a man with no previous sexual partner. I would prefer a Bently, but I bought an Infiniti(and I am very happy with it).

I think there are women who value virginity in men. If they do are they doing so in order to denigrate men? I doubt it.
No, I never have.

I do not understand your Bentley/Infiniti analogy. Are you comparing women who've had sex to less-desirable cars? Why?

Virginity also has different connotations with men, and traditionally was never used to refer to a man who had never had sex.

I agree with EvolutionKills that only wanting to fuck virgins seems to be a power fantasy.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-10-2013, 02:16 AM
(11-10-2013 01:39 AM)amyb Wrote:  I do not understand your Bentley/Infiniti analogy. Are you comparing women who've had sex to less-desirable cars? Why?

Virginity also has different connotations with men, and traditionally was never used to refer to a man who had never had sex.

I agree with EvolutionKills that only wanting to fuck virgins seems to be a power fantasy.

A woman being a virgin might make her more desirable, but not being a virgin doesn't make a woman undesirable. Just because the Bentley is more desirable then the Infiniti doesn't mean the Infiniti still isn't desirable. I like my Infiniti and I like my wife(who wasn't a virgin when we started dating).

What does virginity mean with regard to men?

I don't know what EvolutionKills said because I have him on my ignore list.