Virginity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-10-2013, 04:12 PM
RE: Virginity
(11-10-2013 03:19 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(11-10-2013 07:07 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Ignore list? What is this and how to I put blowme on it?

Cuz I'm real mature like that. You are a 2 year old, blowme. The slight of hand argument is obnoxious and passive aggressive. You get to irritate people and be passively insulting while you deny accountability for it.

Click on name on a post, upper left. Member info will come up. On the left you can click to add to buddy list or ignore list.

It's kind of one-click peace.

Well its not total peace because when someone quotes a person you ignored, you get to see the quote. Having read some of EvolutionKills work other people have quoted I think that perhaps he has grown up a little and I can take him off my ignore list.

I have a quirky rule that there should always be a least one person on your ignore list and never more than that. That being said, EvolutionKills replacement will be Cathym...for essentially the same issues Philosoraptor raised about her.

KingsChosen is a lying douchebag
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2013, 05:29 PM
It worked!! I can't see blowme's bullshit anymore!! Woot woot!

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 1 user Likes Cathym112's post
11-10-2013, 05:30 PM
Quote:What does virginity mean with regard to men?
What does virginity mean with regard to women?

I think the word is pretty meaningless, no matter whom you are talking about. As I said before, people use it to mean they haven't had PIV sex, even if they've done oral and anal.

Quote:Physical attractiveness is correlated with the number of sexual partners one has had.
You mean that better-looking people have more sex partners? Ok, but that's not exactly how I meant it. I mean that you don't show someone a scorecard with a list of your previous sex partners on it before they decide whether or not you're attractive.

Quote:Rape is also not sex. It's an act of violence.
For example, a rape of a man by another man does not mean that the rapist is gay.
This. And think about people like Ted Bundy. Many consider him fairly good looking; he could have found some younger women with long dark hair to fuck. But no, he wanted to kill them and rape their corpse.

Likewise, a lot of (non-murdering) rapists could probably afford a hooker if they just wanted sex.

When I was in college, a woman on my campus raped a man with a dildo and pissed on him for snitching on her about drugs. Was that rape about sex? I doubt it, I'd say it was probably about humiliation and revenge. People forget that not all rape involves a penis entering a vagina, also.

Quote:You would like it to be this way, but just because you see it that way doesn't mean the rest of society sees it that way.
It's true that women who haven't had sex are viewed differently than men who haven't. I'm on a few asexuality forums, and a common complaint from non-sexually-active women is that men see them as a challenge, a sort of trophy to be won by fucking them. On the other hand, virgin males are often seen as closet gays, potential pedophiles, and "creepy." On the opposite end of the spectrum, you have promiscuous men praised for their studliness, and promiscuous women getting shit about being sluts. My conclusion from all this is that people are entirely too concerned about the sex lives of others. You're damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes amyb's post
11-10-2013, 08:07 PM
Re: Virginity
I half see HBjs idiotic point, but it's full of him trolling.

I would say no, evaluating virginity doesn't devalue women, but evaluating Female virginity does devalue women.

And I think that's what many cultures have been doing. Besides, much of modern culture is full of male virginity being scoffed as bad and something to get rid of quickly.

Anyway, I think if male and female virginities were viewed equal, whether high or low, there wouldn't be a devaluation of women.

"Love is hot, Truth is molten!"
15-10-2013, 01:52 PM
(10-10-2013 08:58 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  "Valuing virginity, either through cultural or religious traditions, devalues women."

Agree?

Yes, I agree.

Heck, it is the basis for the Old Testament's creepy rape laws. Basically, if a man rapes a betrothed virgin in the city, they both need to be put to death. If he rapes her in the field, only he gets killed, because she couldn't call for help. If he rapes a virgin who is not betrothed, she has to marry him, and he pays the father 50 shekels of silver.

Got that?

The reason the virgin who is raped in the city is also stoned is because they assume she would call of help if she were really being raped (because, back then, there was no way the rapist could threaten her life, or anything). So, I guess the whole blaming-the-victim argument of "legitimate rape" has some pretty deep roots. If the virgin wasn't betrothed, she got to marry her rapist (and the dad got some money). Why? Because, as far as they were concerned, the real victim here was her father, because now his daughter wasn't a virgin, no one would want to marry her, and he'd be stuck with her. Evidently, it's totally cool to stick a rape victim with her rapist for the rest of her life.

So, yes, this whole virgin fetish thing can lead to some extremely creepy and damaging morality systems.

Source:
Deuteronomy 22:23 - 28:

23 If a man happens to meet in a town a virgin pledged to be married and he sleeps with her, 24 you shall take both of them to the gate of that town and stone them to death—the young woman because she was in a town and did not scream for help, and the man because he violated another man’s wife. You must purge the evil from among you.

25 But if out in the country a man happens to meet a young woman pledged to be married and rapes her, only the man who has done this shall die. 26 Do nothing to the woman; she has committed no sin deserving death. This case is like that of someone who attacks and murders a neighbor, 27 for the man found the young woman out in the country, and though the betrothed woman screamed, there was no one to rescue her.

28 If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, 29 he shall pay her father fifty shekels[c] of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
15-10-2013, 05:08 PM
(11-10-2013 07:33 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Fuck Infinity and Bentley, all I need are two Hondas.

Says the brony... Dodgy

[Image: Bentley-Hunaudieres.jpg]

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
15-10-2013, 05:40 PM
As a virgin this whole discussion makes me feel like a horse at auction. One half of the of the crowd wants to break in the untrained wild mare. The other half wants the that other prize winning high stepping horse.
[+] 1 user Likes BrokenQuill92's post
15-10-2013, 05:42 PM
(15-10-2013 05:40 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  As a virgin this whole discussion makes me feel like a horse at auction. One half of the of the crowd wants to break in the untrained wild mare. The other half wants the that other prize winning high stepping horse.

I think you are misreading the crowd. 1 person is saying that is your most important feature and then rest of us are saying it is not a big deal either way.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense

[Image: Hitchhikersguide_zps7678fbae.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
15-10-2013, 05:45 PM
(15-10-2013 05:40 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  As a virgin this whole discussion makes me feel like a horse at auction. One half of the of the crowd wants to break in the untrained wild mare. The other half wants the that other prize winning high stepping horse.

Which is exactly what's wrong with the ridiculous and nauseous concept of virginity.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
19-10-2013, 04:49 PM
(15-10-2013 05:08 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(11-10-2013 07:33 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Fuck Infinity and Bentley, all I need are two Hondas.

Says the brony... Dodgy

[Image: Bentley-Hunaudieres.jpg]

What can I say? It's got 2 wheels too many, and for the same price, I could own a battalion of motorcycles...

Like my aforementioned CB1100.

[Image: 122-1308-02-o+2013-honda-CB1100+.jpg]

Or a CB919 Hornet.

[Image: CB919-02d1.jpg]

Maybe pick myself up a super retro 86' VF700 Super Magna? And yes, that is a symmetrical exhaust, so it has a total of 4 upturned pipes as the other 2 are hiding on the left side.

[Image: 88blkmagnabroch.jpg]

Actually I'd love to cut one of these XR650L's down to a super-motard.

[Image: xr650l-08a1.jpg]

I'd love to get my hands on a old Hawk GT, arguably the first of the 'naked' bikes (sport bikes with all of the plastic stripped off).

[Image: Honda-Hawk-GT.jpg]

Want to get someplace fast as all hell? Hard to beat a VFR800 (and it'll probably smoke the shit out of that Bently too).

[Image: honda-vfr800_key_4.jpg]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]