Visit from the Pastor and Elder

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-01-2014, 09:40 PM
RE: Visit from the Pastor and Elder
(04-01-2014 09:31 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Just like a neo nazi parent would teach his or her children his or her version of the holocaust.

Tell him that in Germany homeschooling is outlawed because of the potential indoctrination it can cause for children and that parents who break that law face up to 2 years in prison.

He knows this is the case. He's brought it up in sermons, of course in a negative light.

“The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is because vampires are allergic to bullshit.” ― Richard Pryor
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2014, 09:50 PM
(04-01-2014 09:40 PM)djkamilo Wrote:  He knows this is the case. He's brought it up in sermons, of course in a negative light.

Well if he likes the prospect of parents having a chance to raise their kids into being fascists then he is a perfect example for it when he teaches his kids to be closed minded.

Kids should be tought the curriculum that gives them the best chances later in life to have success. Ou curriculum is determined by a council of academics and a crossparty commision working with the ministry for education - who are professionals on the subject of education! As a result Germany has developed the strongest economy on the continent built upon the most educated workforce on the continent. Teaching your child to be an ignorand sob is abusing the child and abusing your responsibilities as a parent since you will bring up and incompetent fool who is incapable of participating in society.

A child should not be isolated from the greater society but participate within it and by simply creating a parallel educational system he is creating a parallel society thereby breeding ignorance and spite for those who are not part of this parallel society.

He should learn to differenciate between science and belief and finaly acknowlege the fact that the strickt seperation of science and religion in the past 200 years has brought a hundred times more scientific findings than the bronze age nonsence that had infested and corrupted what could have been powers for reason in the 1800 years that came before.

He is a pastor. The only expertees he has is in reciting a bronze age book! What the fuck is he supposed to know about anything that has even remotly to do with science let alone education in general?!

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
04-01-2014, 09:55 PM
(04-01-2014 09:50 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  
(04-01-2014 09:40 PM)djkamilo Wrote:  He knows this is the case. He's brought it up in sermons, of course in a negative light.

Well if he likes the prospect of parents having a chance to raise their kids into being fascists then he is a perfect example for it when he teaches his kids to be closed minded.

Kids should be tought the curriculum that gives them the best chances later in life to have success. Ou curriculum is determined by a council of academics and a crossparty commision working with the ministry for education - who are professionals on the subject of education! As a result Germany has developed the strongest economy on the continent built upon the most educated workforce on the continent. Teaching your child to be an ignorand sob is abusing the child and abusing your responsibilities as a parent since you will bring up and incompetent fool who is incapable of participating in society.

A child should not be isolated from the greater society but participate within it and by simply creating a parallel educational system he is creating a parallel society thereby breeding ignorance and spite for those who are not part of this parallel society.

He should learn to differenciate between science and belief and finaly acknowlege the fact that the strickt seperation of science and religion in the past 200 years has brought a hundred times more scientific findings than the bronze age nonsence that had infested and corrupted what could have been powers for reason in the 1800 years that came before.

He is a pastor. The only expertees he has is in reciting a bronze age book! What the fuck is he supposed to know about anything that has even remotly to do with science let alone education in general?!

I thought the strongest economy in the continent was Switzerland.

But Germany is doing awesome by all accounts.

They pastor was a principal of an elementary school in Surinam. So he knows a little about education, the issue is the content and his kids are going to end up hurting because of it.

“The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is because vampires are allergic to bullshit.” ― Richard Pryor
04-01-2014, 10:00 PM
(04-01-2014 09:55 PM)djkamilo Wrote:  I thought the strongest economy in the continent was Switzerland.

Laundering the Italian mob`s drugmoney and helping taxevaders from all arround the world does not count as "economy".

Quote:They pastor was a principal of an elementary school in Surinam. So he knows a little about education, the issue is the content and his kids are going to end up hurting because of it.

Exactly. No matter how he sees it and what he believes about it. It is what brings success.

10-01-2014, 03:53 PM
You made a commitment. Things change. Life moves on. You change, we all change. The commitment is no longer valid as you are no longer the same person who made it.
10-01-2014, 05:19 PM
(10-01-2014 03:53 PM)Takelababy Wrote:  You made a commitment. Things change. Life moves on. You change, we all change. The commitment is no longer valid as you are no longer the same person who made it.

[DEUTSCHER sarcasm]

And what a commitment a baptism is indeed!

Sprinkling some water over a childs forehead is every bit like signing a contract for insurance or a loan or whatever.

[/DEUTSCHER sarcasm]

Simply put, it is a contract he can choose to break.

11-01-2014, 12:35 PM
Over ten years ago I decided to start visiting some churches as an experiment. Not because I was a Christian or believed in God, I just wanted to get a further insight into how their conditioning works on adults (my brother is a born again Christian who did quite well at science at school). I decided to play the part of someone who instinctively felt that there must be a higher purpose and some sentient being to pray to and was looking for some kind of image to apply to that need.

The exercise didn't particularly tell me much that I hadn't already figured out (the fellowship satisfying a social need, tailoring sermons when they saw a new person come in etc).

What was interesting though was that although not much effort went into making me sure that I felt welcome, if I became a regular then I couldn't get rid of them after I stopped visiting. One of them had asked where I lived and it was a mistake to tell them. Understandable I suppose if they truly do believe that your mortal soul is in peril. But it also makes sense from a business point of view. If your customers have been loyal in the past and have heavily invested in your product, they'll have a strong emotional attachment that lingers, especially with something like religion which plays on emotional needs. There's going to be more chance of success in attracting someone back to the church than enticing newcomers who may be looking for something entirely different.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
11-01-2014, 08:20 PM
(10-01-2014 05:19 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Simply put, it is a contract he can choose to break.

But God will punish him if he does!

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
11-01-2014, 08:28 PM
You handled them very well. I would find nothing more disgusting at this point in my life than two men justifying some Old testament passages about women being under the authority of men (In my own living room no less) and telling me that I need to come back to their church. Try not to let them get to you. If they really ever cared, they should treat you with respect rather than borderline stalk you.

Kudos to you for choosing logic over mythology.
11-01-2014, 08:57 PM
(04-01-2014 09:55 PM)djkamilo Wrote:  I thought the strongest economy in the continent was Switzerland.

But Germany is doing awesome by all accounts.

They pastor was a principal of an elementary school in Surinam. So he knows a little about education, the issue is the content and his kids are going to end up hurting because of it.

hey! I'm from surinam Angry Angry Angry

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....