Visiting Churches

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-03-2016, 03:24 AM
Visiting Churches
I love visiting churches because of their beauty and history...but that's the only reason. Does anyone else share this interest?

Walking every week in the Peak District National Park: http://peakwalking.blogspot.com
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-03-2016, 07:36 AM
RE: Visiting Churches
I don't visit them, but I do love Gothic architecture, so I find some of the church structures gorgeous to look at.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
27-03-2016, 07:39 AM
(27-03-2016 03:24 AM)churchmouse Wrote:  I love visiting churches because of their beauty and history...but that's the only reason. Does anyone else share this interest?
Nope Churchmouse-thompson.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
27-03-2016, 08:27 AM (This post was last modified: 27-03-2016 08:31 AM by Dom.)
I like stopping off in cathedrals in Europe. Usually they are downtown and I will have been zooming around in crowds of people for some time.

So, sitting down in a cathedral, resting my feet where it is cool and quiet and there is lots to look at, is always a fun thing to do. Some of the art work is mind boggling.

For a long time only churches and nobility had enough money to sponsor artists. So, cathedrals and castles always have a lot to offer that you can't see elsewhere. I am sure other types of houses of worship all over the world offer the same artistic wealth to enjoy.

It's the one contribution churches made that we can all enjoy and that gave some poor slob artist a chance to thrive. Albeit on the back of the rest of society. Well, at least now everyone can enjoy the art of those times.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
27-03-2016, 10:13 AM
Yes, I like to visit churches for the architecture and art. They are often beautiful spaces. It's fun to listen to music in them, too, because sound bounces nicely off the marble and stone.

I don't go during services, though, unless I'm being paid to perform.
27-03-2016, 10:14 AM
I've only gone to Churches for music performances. Other than that I don't have much of a reason to go personally.

27-03-2016, 11:17 AM
A Mormon colleague's wife is constantly afraid he's going to leave the LDS church because we do the church hopping thing at conferences too.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-03-2016, 11:25 AM
I've visited churches all over the world and I enjoy it very much. The art and architecture in many of them is stunning and it's much better in person than in pictures.
[+] 1 user Likes Black Eagle's post
27-03-2016, 11:27 AM
(27-03-2016 07:36 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I don't visit them, but I do love Gothic architecture, so I find some of the church structures gorgeous to look at.

I love em too, i particularly like to explore them myyself.
27-03-2016, 11:33 AM
My aunt visits various Church graveyards and takes random gravestone charcoal etchings. ... And she does this without weed, booze, or any other intoxicant or inebriant. My goal is to put roses on her grave before she charcoal etches my ass.

#sigh