Poll: Is megadosing on vitamins good or bad?
It's good!
It's bad!
I don't know....
Other
[Show Results]

Vitamins and Megadosing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-04-2016, 01:46 AM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2016 01:55 AM by Nagoda.)
Vitamins and Megadosing
So my girlfriend claimed that the majority atheists believe megadosing (overdosing, taking large quantities of) vitamins is a good thing. I said really, how many atheists do you know of who believe this? And she said well, how many atheists do you know of who don't believe it's a good thing? And I said, well, let me ask!

So, what's your opinion as an Atheist on megadosing and vitamins: good or bad? We need data here people! Poll is above, and, go!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2016, 02:16 AM
RE: Vitamins and Megadosing
Why would belief in God have anything to do with belief in vitamins? Other than the obvious (if you're gullible enough to do the God thing then you'll be more likely to fall for other pseudo-scientific bullshit).

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
01-04-2016, 02:36 AM
In the majority of cases, IMHO, people who take massive daily doses of vitamin and mineral supplements are wasting their money. I know it's commonly accepted by many that a daily so-called "multivitamin" capsule is good for your overall health, and compensates for any deficiencies in one's diet, but apparently this is a myth perpetrated by the peddlers of these drugs. Medicos have claimed—assuming one has an adequate, first-world type diet—that up to 90% of these vitamins and minerals are excreted in the urine.

Unless one is targeting a known/diagnosed deficiency, multivitamins are a total waste of time. Having said that though, a couple of common supplements that are beneficial are the B group, plus combined vitamin D and vitamin C. I take both of these daily because of a sedentary lifestyle, and a lack of sun exposure.

And as to the implied question of theists' versus atheists' vitamin supplement regimes, I'm guessing that there'd be no discernible difference.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
01-04-2016, 02:43 AM
(01-04-2016 01:46 AM)Nagoda Wrote:  So my girlfriend claimed that the majority atheists believe megadosing (overdosing, taking large quantities of) vitamins is a good thing. I said really, how many atheists do you know of who believe this? And she said well, how many atheists do you know of who don't believe it's a good thing? And I said, well, let me ask!

So, what's your opinion as an Atheist on megadosing and vitamins: good or bad? We need data here people! Poll is above, and, go!

Most atheists? What an ignorant question. Facepalm

What is it you think defines an atheist? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-04-2016, 03:06 AM
So atheist lack belief in god and also in negative effects of overdosing?

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
01-04-2016, 03:17 AM
So somebody's conflating atheism with junk-science? Whatever next? Atheists eat babies to get our vitamins?

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
[+] 2 users Like Silly Deity's post
01-04-2016, 04:51 AM
(01-04-2016 03:17 AM)Silly Deity Wrote:  So somebody's conflating atheism with junk-science? Whatever next? Atheists eat babies to get our vitamins?

Wait, you mean you don't get your vitamins from eating babies? Consider

[Image: babyburger.jpg]

Have I been doing it wrong all this time!?

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 6 users Like EvolutionKills's post
01-04-2016, 11:07 AM
Vitamins and Megadosing
If beer counts as a vitamin, then yeah.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
01-04-2016, 11:28 AM
Don't kids eat King Vitamin anymore?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
01-04-2016, 11:33 AM
What do vitamins have to do with atheism?

And I'd say overdosing don't sound very healthy. It's called an overdose for a reason.
[+] 2 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post