Voices of the syrian rebels and citizens in Ghoutta

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-08-2013, 08:03 PM
RE: Voices of the syrian rebels and citizens in Ghoutta
(31-08-2013 07:48 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(31-08-2013 07:42 PM)I and I Wrote:  You mean the people dispersing them might die while carrying out the attack? Kind of like what was reported by rebels in the article above?

Yes, if you're anywhere close to the release point. There's no way to exert any fine control over dispersal. There's a reason WWI chemical attacks waited for the right wind conditions between trenches...

To incorporate something into a shell or warhead, you need to make it something that will break and spread the agent as much as possible. But you can't use a high explosive to disperse it because that will destroy the agent. That's why they're generally geared for either very tactical use (single rooms or buildings - grenade or mortar shell scale) or very wide area deployment (like mass cluster bomblets).

If you're right beside your own weapon when it goes off, you'll be the first casualty.

So a group of people willing to set these weapons off without proper means to protect themselves would be.......I don't know......suicidal?

Drinking Beverage
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-08-2013, 08:07 PM
RE: Voices of the syrian rebels and citizens in Ghoutta
(31-08-2013 08:03 PM)I and I Wrote:  So a group of people willing to set these weapons off without proper means to protect themselves would be.......I don't know......suicidal?

If they knew the nature of the weapons and if it was on purpose. Dead people can't answer either of those questions.

You're hardly being subtle. Why don't you just tell the class exactly what you're thinking?

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post