Voices we hear
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-12-2013, 07:31 PM
RE: Voices we hear
(27-12-2013 06:54 PM)Takelababy Wrote:  When a child speaks to an imaginary friend we see it as cute. When the child grows up and still has an imaginary friend, it gets hauled off to a psychiatrist. Here's the kicker. What about the adults who swear God speaks to them? Shouldn't they be seeing a psychiatrist as well? Or locked up, depending on what God is telling them to do?

If you consider an 60+ year old today..... perhaps, but I wouldn't judge them so harshly.

Science and the availability of information has changed drastically over the past 20 years. By the time I'm 80 I will certainly look at theists in a much different way than I look at my parents who are around that age. The tide is changing and it's happening very quickly. Statistics show that theism is being eradicated at an accelerating rate as information becomes more widely accessible. Atheism is increasing where there is relative freedom of information. Dictatorial theocracy and poverty is the food of ignorance. Patience, it's not going to change much in our short lifetimes but it will change.

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply