Poll: Should 'Old Threads' be moved to appropriate categories?
This poll is closed.
Yes! 42.86% 3 42.86%
I don't care.. 42.86% 3 42.86%
No! 14.29% 1 14.29%
Total 7 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Volunteers to help moving threads from the 'old threads' forum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-03-2011, 08:06 PM
Lightbulb Volunteers to help moving threads from the 'old threads' forum
I've thought of a way to integrate this forum into the rest of this system. If I can get a group of volunteers I can assign user permissions that will allow you to move theads in that forum to another forum.

Obviously considering the number of threads sorting them out will be a big task. If we share the load among many people and each do 1 thread a day it will get done.

I'm thinking this will also be entertaining reading through some of these old threads and it might give us all some laughs. Big Grin

Let me know what you think. I've added a poll for those who think leave it where it is and those who want to sort the threads in to the appropriate categories.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-03-2011, 11:53 PM
RE: Volunteers to help moving threads from the 'old threads' forum
I'd love to help...

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
30-03-2011, 01:20 AM
Prove you have admin powers. Give yourself a higher "star rating."

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
30-03-2011, 09:49 AM
To be honest, I really don't see much of a point to this. The old threads are used VERY infrequently, and if one is being used a fair bit, simply asking the admin to move it would be far easier since it would happen very rarely. Even the threads that are not commented on for a few weeks tend to get bumped back a page and become "old news".

Just visiting.

-SR
30-03-2011, 06:33 PM (This post was last modified: 30-03-2011 06:46 PM by DeepThought.)
(30-03-2011 01:20 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Prove you have admin powers. Give yourself a higher "star rating."
haha, to be honest Mr Raving is my boss where it comes to forum decisions. And if he thinks there is no point to moving the old threads then he's probably right.
I'm just the new guy. Dodgy

Seriously though why would god demonstrate his power? Oh ye of little faith!
Nah, I think i'll just pretend I don't exist now.. I am only here to help with the running of the tta site (as a whole), help add features and make this site better and more popular. I'm not here to control how the forum runs. Thats SR's job, in the end the decisions rest with him.
30-03-2011, 07:09 PM
I'll vouch for GVR. He's the real deal, and without him we'd not have a new server, and I'D be lost. (We spent three bloody hours together IMing so he could teach me how to use the new forum set-up, and taught me lots I didn't know about the old one!!)

At the end of the day, it's everyones decision to take on this task. If enough people volunteer, I'm fine with it. It is YOUR forum after all.

BTW, GVR, I'm hoping to see you get in on some of the conversation here too you know!

Just visiting.

-SR
31-03-2011, 12:08 AM
(30-03-2011 06:33 PM)GodVirusDeleted Wrote:  Seriously though why would god demonstrate his power? Oh ye of little faith!
Wrong answer on an Atheism/scepticism forum Smile

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
31-03-2011, 03:44 AM (This post was last modified: 31-03-2011 03:48 AM by DeepThought.)
(31-03-2011 12:08 AM)The_observer Wrote:  
(30-03-2011 06:33 PM)GodVirusDeleted Wrote:  Seriously though why would god demonstrate his power? Oh ye of little faith!
Wrong answer on an Atheism/scepticism forum Smile

lol, thats why I wrote it!
I still need at least 3 more volunteers before I can consider going ahead with this. Any more people interested?
31-03-2011, 05:01 AM
The Old Threads represent the time of uncategorizing and disorder. I'd like to keep them there as 'an archive', although it's not that big a deal for me. Moving them anywhere would be pointless and time consuming.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.