Voodoo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-08-2016, 04:19 AM
Voodoo
I'm a little confused about God and the reality of atheist not believing in one. My question here's is why in Africa, Jamaica other part of the world believe in voodoo? Whats the forces behind this voodoo?
Witches and wizard ideology? I'm really confused and I need some prospective about those questions. Thank you guys

Sent from my M5 using Tapatalk
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2016, 04:35 AM
RE: Voodoo
Voodoo? Here ya go.

[Image: McDonnell_F-101_Voodoo.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
09-08-2016, 05:17 AM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2016 05:21 AM by cactus.)
Quote:I'm a little confused about God and the reality of atheist not believing in one.
Please elaborate. I don't understand what you mean by this.

Quote:My question here's is why in Africa, Jamaica other part of the world believe in voodoo?
Voodoo originated in Haiti during the slave trade, and is the result of Catholic influence on West African Vodun religion. All world religions share common roots.
[Image: 85acb7827abdbd83b2580f173ee2e784.jpg]

Quote:Whats the forces behind this voodoo?
Voodoo practitioners perform rituals to in which they provide offerings to the Loa (or spirits). Practitioners believe that the Loa are capable of possessing their bodies in order to interact in human affairs in various ways.

Quote:Witches and wizard ideology?
"Witch" and "wizard" are Euro-centric terms. As to whether the practices of the voodoo religions would be considered "witchcraft," it depends on who you ask, but most would probably say no.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 4 users Like cactus's post
09-08-2016, 05:20 AM
(09-08-2016 04:19 AM)gameface Wrote:  I'm a little confused about God and the reality of atheist not believing in one. My question here's is why in Africa, Jamaica other part of the world believe in voodoo? Whats the forces behind this voodoo? [...]

Voodoo (who do?) has the same roots as Christianity, Islam, Hinduism etc. That is, an unquestioning belief about supernatural entities and paranormal phenomena.

There's no viable evidence supporting the existence of gods in the real world.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
09-08-2016, 05:28 AM
(09-08-2016 04:19 AM)gameface Wrote:  I'm a little confused about God and the reality of atheist not believing in one. My question here's is why in Africa, Jamaica other part of the world believe in voodoo? Whats the forces behind this voodoo?
Witches and wizard ideology? I'm really confused and I need some prospective about those questions. Thank you guys

Sent from my M5 using Tapatalk

The word you want there is 'perspective'.

All religions are based on magic, so I'm not sure I understand your question.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-08-2016, 05:49 AM
(09-08-2016 04:19 AM)gameface Wrote:  I'm a little confused about God and the reality of atheist not believing in one.

Atheism means not having a belief in god. That is all. There is no list of beliefs or practices or doctrines. If you do not believe in god, you are an atheist.

If you have specific questions, feel free to ask them.

(09-08-2016 04:19 AM)gameface Wrote:  My question here's is why in Africa, Jamaica other part of the world believe in voodoo? Whats the forces behind this voodoo?

I would suggest talking to practitioners of those religions and/or belief systems. That would give you the most accurate answers.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
09-08-2016, 05:57 AM
(09-08-2016 04:19 AM)gameface Wrote:  I'm a little confused about God and the reality of atheist not believing in one.
If I may infer your question just a bit here:

People who call themselves atheists reject the specific definitions of "god" that they've heard other people use, usually due to a lack of testability and/or logical contradictions present within those definitions. They do not feel the need to invent their own new definition for the sake of maintaining belief, because many of them realize that the notion that a person "should" or "must" believe in such a thing is a side effect of the human desire for social validation and/or self-preservation.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
09-08-2016, 06:01 AM
Voodoo ---

Just another turd in the shitpile of religion...............

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
09-08-2016, 06:13 AM
(09-08-2016 04:19 AM)gameface Wrote:  Whats the forces behind this voodoo?

The same as every other religion: wishful thinking, ignorance, and confirmation bias

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
09-08-2016, 08:40 AM
There is no satan or devil or voodoo or witches or gods. It's all a bunch of wishful thinking hoo-haw.

Voodoo makes for some fun songs though...

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.