Voodoo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-08-2016, 08:57 AM
RE: Voodoo
TETRODOTOXIN

This poison is found in the family of fish called pufferfish. The Voodoo Bokor uses it to turn people into zombies.

A ZOMBI is a "spirit of a dead person"

In Haiti, a zombi is someone who has annoyed his or her family so much that they can no longer stand to live with them. Angel

A Bokor, a vodoun/black magic priest, is hired to
turn them into a zombi.

The Bokor uses a magic powder which appears to cause the victim to die.

The victim is buried & a few days later exhumed. (Hypoxia pretty much kills the brain).

Though still living, they remain under the Bokor's power until the Bokor dies

The main ingredients in the recipe for poudre zombi (Zombi Powder) are: porcupinefish & puffers (Tetrodotoxin)

Tetrodotoxin poisoning symptons are:
Tingling about the lips and tongue
Loss of motor control within 10-45 minutes
Excessive salivation
Extreme weakness
Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain
Twitching of the muscles
Paralysis
Difficulty in swallowing & loss of voice
Convulsions &
Death by respiratory paralysis may ensue

Archeologist hypothesize that the Tanois Indians (Pre-Colombian) used Puffers & Porcupinefish to:
communicate with the spirits,
heighten the authority of the behique (medicine man) who could seemingly die & a few days later rise from the dead.

And there you go.

[Image: 263D850C00000578-2975447-image-m-25_1425294576869.jpg]

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...16279.html

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
09-08-2016, 09:06 AM
(09-08-2016 05:20 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(09-08-2016 04:19 AM)gameface Wrote:  I'm a little confused about God and the reality of atheist not believing in one. My question here's is why in Africa, Jamaica other part of the world believe in voodoo? Whats the forces behind this voodoo? [...]

Voodoo (who do?) has the same roots as Christianity, Islam, Hinduism etc. That is, an unquestioning belief about supernatural entities and paranormal phenomena.

I thought voodoo was rooted in animism. No?

#sigh
09-08-2016, 09:27 AM
(09-08-2016 09:06 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-08-2016 05:20 AM)SYZ Wrote:  Voodoo (who do?) has the same roots as Christianity, Islam, Hinduism etc. That is, an unquestioning belief about supernatural entities and paranormal phenomena.

I thought voodoo was rooted in animism. No?

It's my understanding that voodoo/Santeria/etc. developed in Haiti and Jamaica during the slave trade. Missionaries attempted to convert the slaves to Christianity. The slaves took elements of Christianity and combined them with their native religions. They added bits from other cultures and religions, developed their own modifications and mixed it all together.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
09-08-2016, 09:41 AM
It's interesting how the Catholic doctrine of intercessory prayer was actually a pretty natural fit for the people in these African tribes, who were already used to the practice of invoking intermediary spirits.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
09-08-2016, 09:46 AM
(09-08-2016 09:41 AM)cactus Wrote:  It's interesting how the Catholic doctrine of intercessory prayer was actually a pretty natural fit for the people in these African tribes, who were already used to the practice of invoking intermediary spirits.

You can get interesting and entertaining results when you take fictional characters several different or unconnected sources and combine them to tell new stories.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
09-08-2016, 09:48 AM
Dance is right!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
09-08-2016, 10:58 AM
It's all bullshit.
09-08-2016, 11:09 AM
(09-08-2016 10:58 AM)Lucipurr Wrote:  It's all bullshit.

I dunno. That pufferfish business looks legit.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
09-08-2016, 12:02 PM

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
09-08-2016, 05:10 PM
(09-08-2016 09:46 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(09-08-2016 09:41 AM)cactus Wrote:  It's interesting how the Catholic doctrine of intercessory prayer was actually a pretty natural fit for the people in these African tribes, who were already used to the practice of invoking intermediary spirits.

You can get interesting and entertaining results when you take fictional characters several different or unconnected sources and combine them to tell new stories.

Yes you can. I constantly have to remove headless chickens and cats from my apartments. Dodgy

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce