Vote of No Confidence

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-01-2013, 08:13 PM
RE: Vote of No Confidence
(02-01-2013 11:27 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(02-01-2013 11:20 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  I think the rule was something like 20 posts and 20 days, or maybe it was 30. I'm not sure whether that only applied to youtube vids and blogs or whether it applied to money making stuff as well.

You've got a good point there Dom, this is probably something else for us to clarify in the coming days.

Good. I wouldn't think any member like Ed would be in trouble for it since he has been a contributing member for a long time. But, FZU advertised his design services with price and all, and as far as I would think, he doesn't have the same status as Ed. So I asked for clarification.
That signature of his, he didn't design it. I've seen it used as an avatar (the little picture by your name) on a youtube channel (not his by the way).

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2013, 09:41 PM
I am sorry if someone has already posted these ideas but, here is what we need:

1. Make it impossible for a moderator to act unilaterally. Have at least Erxomai and one other mod approve the banning before it takes effect. Also, during this period all posts and private messages sent by the party in question will only be able to be seen by moderators.

2. A more clear cut system of rules immediately visible to new members. Make it so they have to at least see the page before they start posting.

3. A more democratic approach to making members into moderators. Just a simple vote would do if not already implemented.

4. A compulsory first post in the introduction section. To limit the amount of bots (The moderators do an excellent job stopping them before they become a problem) and to see if the new member is forum worthy.

5. Eliminate these:

[Image: cooper-the-bloodhound-funny-dog-pic1.jpg]

Laughat

Under Repair.
[+] 1 user Likes itsacow's post
03-01-2013, 09:56 PM
(03-01-2013 09:41 PM)itsacow Wrote:  I am sorry if someone has already posted these ideas but, here is what we need:

1. Make it impossible for a moderator to act unilaterally. Have at least Erxomai and one other mod approve the banning before it takes effect. Also, during this period all posts and private messages sent by the party in question will only be able to be seen by moderators.
We are working on that.
Quote:2. A more clear cut system of rules immediately visible to new members. Make it so they have to at least see the page before they start posting.
We are working on that.
Quote:3. A more democratic approach to making members into moderators. Just a simple vote would do if not already implemented.
This is not a democracy.
Quote:4. A compulsory first post in the introduction section. To limit the amount of bots (The moderators do an excellent job stopping them before they become a problem) and to see if the new member is forum worthy.
This is a good idea.
Quote:5. Eliminate these:

[Image: cooper-the-bloodhound-funny-dog-pic1.jpg]

Laughat

I want to ban ud dogs and their owners. Censored

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-01-2013, 10:02 PM
Chas...why you gotz bugz and not stars?

Upside down dogs and silly responses are sometimes a great way to diffuse heated situations. But sometimes they diminish the seriousness of a thread or downplay a person's feelings. Some empathy and common sense should be used before deciding to go with humor...it's not always the right thing.

'See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way.' -JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
03-01-2013, 10:06 PM
(03-01-2013 10:02 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Chas...why you gotz bugz and not stars?

Upside down dogs and silly responses are sometimes a great way to diffuse heated situations. But sometimes they diminish the seriousness of a thread or downplay a person's feelings. Some empathy and common sense should be used before deciding to go with humor...it's not always the right thing.

The bugz iz secret forum experiment. Shhhhhh. Cool

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
03-01-2013, 11:01 PM
If I remember correctly, before you can register, you have to read and agree to the forum rules. Is this still in place?

Also, on the forum I used to help moderate, we actually had a mandatory, first 10 posts had to be approved by a moderator. You had to make at least 10 decent posts before you could post without approval. If the person was an obvious troll, or super immature, we were able to extend the probationary period. It's a bit of a hassle, but it definitely cuts down on the wastrels.

No voting on moderators by the regular members. I do think any new mods should be voted on by ALL current mods though, and also should be able to be suggested by any current mod. (Again, something I'm taking from my past experience.)

Contribute to the Community Resource!
03-01-2013, 11:28 PM
(03-01-2013 10:06 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-01-2013 10:02 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Chas...why you gotz bugz and not stars?

The bugz iz secret forum experiment. Shhhhhh. Cool
Oh is that what they are...I thought they were paint blotches or something of that nature. Bugs eh? Hmm

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

04-01-2013, 05:47 AM
itsacow Wrote:
(03-01-2013 09:56 PM)Chas Wrote:  4. A compulsory first post in the introduction section. To limit the amount of bots (The moderators do an excellent job stopping them before they become a problem) and to see if the new member is forum worthy.
This is a good idea.

As far as bots go this wouldn't help. Bots seem to have a fetish for the World News section which is quite handy. Anything that posts it's first post there is usually a pretty good bet for goodbye spammering.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
05-01-2013, 04:54 AM

Can I ask: Who is the current administrator of the forum?
Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2013, 04:56 AM

(03-01-2013 08:13 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  That signature of his, he didn't design it. I've seen it used as an avatar (the little picture by your name) on a youtube channel (not his by the way).

The only part of my sig I didn't design is the quill and paper: that's clip art. The academic wrestler, my wife drew years ago.
Quote this message in a reply