Vote of No Confidence

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-01-2013, 05:00 AM
RE: Vote of No Confidence
(05-01-2013 04:54 AM)Egor Wrote:  Can I ask: Who is the current administrator of the forum?
Administration is currently shared between Hughsie and FSM_Scot.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2013, 03:45 AM

(05-01-2013 05:00 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(05-01-2013 04:54 AM)Egor Wrote:  Can I ask: Who is the current administrator of the forum?

Administration is currently shared between Hughsie and FSM_Scot.

Got it. Thanks. Bowing

So who owns it? Who pays for it to be hosted on a server? Is that Seth?
Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2013, 03:58 AM
(06-01-2013 03:45 AM)Egor Wrote:  So who owns it? Who pays for it to be hosted on a server? Is that Seth?
I believe it is Seth. Not 100% sure though. Anyone else know ?
06-01-2013, 05:25 AM
(05-01-2013 04:56 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(03-01-2013 08:13 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  That signature of his, he didn't design it. I've seen it used as an avatar (the little picture by your name) on a youtube channel (not his by the way).

The only part of my sig I didn't design is the quill and paper: that's clip art. The academic wrestler, my wife drew years ago.
Not you, FZU.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
06-01-2013, 03:12 PM
Yeah as far as i know its paid for by Seth.
09-01-2013, 01:16 PM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2013 05:24 PM by Dark Light.)
Everyone ready to chill? The forum was/is going to some big changes in personnel, especially in the mod area. A couple of people fucked up by not getting everyone involved before acting, a couple of people got their feelings hurt, it will all be alright. The people that fucked up are being dealt with, the rules are being re-considered everyone should be at least somewhat satisfied.

Perhaps a new thread with the new power structure is in order since everything went to hell, cause even I and having trouble keeping track lately, the brand new folks will sure not know what's going on. I would definitely recommend taking the folks who are on sabbatical OFF the mod list. If you want people to know how awesome they are you could put them in their own group, or put them in the veterans section or something though.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
10-01-2013, 10:00 AM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2013 10:09 AM by Denicio.)
Wha aaaaaaaahaat the fuck is going on here? I have now JUST read 11 pages of what seems to be a Chernobyl meltdown and i still don't quite understand what is going on other than some senior members are now gone, moderation is by the seat of someones pants and that KC and EGOR (resident Christians) seem to be chiming in about how an Atheist forum is moderated. WTF? Have the inmates taken of the asylum? Admittedly i dont post here near as much as i did when i originally joined this forum but i have seen some things as of late that concern me. I absolutely refuse to address Egor directly... but he's being allowed to run amuck plugging his wares (got a current thread right now about his newly found old new old version of his new old religion). He's turned into a carnival barker selling what ever website he invents for today's version of his religious nuttery. I simply cant believe this is allowed to happen. This forum was about Atheist and theist having discussions, not an Facebook/MySpace "Hey i got a new wiz bang i want you folk to go see" promotional site. It seems here is here to simply drive traffic to his websites. I suppose in an attempt to create some legitimacy. I also dont know who the fuck FSU is but it seems what ever it is...its done some serious damage. There has to be some kind of moderation going on keeping ALL of us honest and safe in this environment. I WONT expect folks like KC, Egor, Trainwreck or any other sky daddy believing poster to understand this, but some of us DO suffer from PTSD from religion and at times it can be set off in bad or even catastrophic ways. At some point an Atheist Friendly Moderator (do we have one?) must step in and not necessarily instantly ban a poster, but warnings should be made. This was a forum for some of us to work thru issues and originally it felt protected from the TBN's and Pastor Ted's of the world. I dont mind a lively discussion and debate with theists but this place always felt like it was 'our own' (atheist as the operative OUR). I dont know what to make of this place anymore. With the loss of a cherished contributer such as Exorami and other forum members..well, it seems like its no longer a welcoming place for some of us. I suppose it was good while it lasted. I am not leaving, not yet (like anyone cares), but i may just resign to a lurker while KC and EGO are allowed to moderate an Atheist forum.
[+] 3 users Like Denicio's post
10-01-2013, 10:11 AM
Just to clarify - Egor is not a moderator here (thank god Laughat ). I do agree that folks recovering from religion shouldn't have to deal with being hurled insults at by someone who is so terrified to face his doubts and the real world, that he's acting like a trapped animal, striking at anything that moves.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
10-01-2013, 10:13 AM
I did not realize Erx had abandoned ship along with HoC. I suppose that is not really all that surprising. The issue for why they left is not because of FZU, it is because of everything else subsequent to his..."involvement" here.

Personally, as I have already stated, I am of the opinion that you just ignore some idiots.

I got my panties in a wad a while back (as in something like 10 months or so ago) when an influx of a bunch of teenagers came through. I should have just exercised the ignore function and moved on, but I felt that I needed to leave to make some point. Some people should be banned, but not because you or any ONE other person wants them gone. Banning is necessary when either obvious rules violations are committed that are detrimental to the forum or the whole community agrees that person sucks.

Evolve
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
10-01-2013, 10:23 AM
(10-01-2013 10:11 AM)Vera Wrote:  Just to clarify - Egor is not a moderator here (thank god Laughat ). I do agree that folks recovering from religion shouldn't have to deal with being hurled insults at by someone who is so terrified to face his doubts and the real world, that he's acting like a trapped animal, striking at anything that moves.
Based on his posts, his behavior and content of his posts...i'd almost say it is HIS forum. He is the reason i left months ago. I missed the forum and the therapy it did for me so i came back. I came back as a way to vent and discuss topics.I just made the choice to leave him alone. I see his posts now days and am just blown away at the liberty the forum has given him at self promotion. Again, if i were a newbie...i'd swear its one of his many sites. I honestly gotta let this mass mutiny sink in. With the loss of great contributors and the rampant self promotion of Egor, i question if this is still the place for little ole me. Probably a matter of time before he starts plugging his Ebay auctions for his books on here that will be seemingly tolerated. Ahhhh, to think back to the good ole days prior to KC and Egor. IT truly was a wonderful forum. Now that i see that a christian has a moderator status at an Atheist forum, i really do question WHAT the fuck is going on here.
[+] 1 user Likes Denicio's post