Vote of No Confidence

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2013, 10:48 AM
RE: Vote of No Confidence
Erx is not gone nor is Stark, they still lurk for the time being. There are 5 atheist moderators, 1 theist mod/tech (who has been for a longgggg time), 2 atheist techs and 2 atheist co-admin.

Egor is not part of the forum team. In fact he is just trying to get banned and is really pushing for it and as he makes a grand exit he is plugging his new forum.

I miss HOC, A2, Lucradis, DeepThought, BC, Kineo, Lilith, Observer and many others. None of them are banned though, and I hope they come back in a few months when things cool off.

In the meantime, as slow as it feels, new structure ideas are being discussed by the Forum Team to try to bring healthy boundaries to this site so that should something like this happen again, there is structure in place to prevent any damage. There needs to be a balance. This community, as always, has belonged to the greater public, so I hope people like many of you can keep it this way by coming back. That's in your/our control, though. Smile Not a bad thing.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2013, 10:50 AM
(10-01-2013 10:23 AM)Denicio Wrote:  Based on his posts, his behavior and content of his posts...i'd almost say it is HIS forum. He is the reason i left months ago. I missed the forum and the therapy it did for me so i came back. I came back as a way to vent and discuss topics.I just made the choice to leave him alone. I see his posts now days and am just blown away at the liberty the forum has given him at self promotion. Again, if i were a newbie...i'd swear its one of his many sites. I honestly gotta let this mass mutiny sink in. With the loss of great contributors and the rampant self promotion of Egor, i question if this is still the place for little ole me. Probably a matter of time before he starts plugging his Ebay auctions for his books on here that will be seemingly tolerated. Ahhhh, to think back to the good ole days prior to KC and Egor. IT truly was a wonderful forum. Now that i see that a christian has a moderator status at an Atheist forum, i really do question WHAT the fuck is going on here.
Well, based on his posts, the whole world is HIS world. He's seriously deluded and incredibly vicious. Doesn't bother me, plus, we have ignore for a reason, but I can only imagine how someone who had just joined (and maybe just left religion) would feel if they had the misfortune to be jumped by him. People keep telling me he used to be much worse (can't really imagine it) and that he's a nice guy and what have you and I'm yet to see any proof of that. Like I said, doesn't bother me one iota, because I don't pay him any heed, but not everyone can do it.

KC, on the other hand, is nothing like him. I haven't seen him push his views on folks or denigrate them for not believing in his particular brandy of lunacy (sorry, KC, that's what it is to us Wink), so they really shouldn't be bunched up together.

As for the other crap, I prefer to stay (as much as possible) out of the whole fiasco, but the beardedguy put it quite well. And we have lost some folks that will be truly missed Sad

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
10-01-2013, 10:59 AM
When has KC ever been a problem? I thought it was a bit weird at first, but is he not a valuable member of the forum? He always welcomes the newbies in their intro threads, he points out the resources that are available to the new atheists, and he doesn't start drama. Have you ever talked to him? He's a cool guy, and I'm glad to count him as a friend, even though I'm an atheist. The guy is actually really supportive, and I don't think there is an ulterior motive there. I genuinely think its a non issue for him, that we are heathens. We've had other religious people who came on and were Jesus trolls, but KC isn't a dick like them. Moderating isn't about what you believe, but your ability to uphold the forum rules, and your ability to do the job. KC has these things.

I understand your PTSD, and if the forum isn't for you, that's up to you. I hear what you are saying about Egor, but if there are people that annoy or trigger you, there is an ignore function.

Contribute to the Community Resource!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Near's post
10-01-2013, 10:59 AM
I just wanted to say to try and not judge KC on his religion with regards to the forum.

Yes he is a christian, yes he believes in god... but he also has the best interests of this place at heart. I see this through what he says and how hard he works in helping maintain this place.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 5 users Like bemore's post
10-01-2013, 11:07 AM
I think what Denico is trying to say about KC is that what we have here is an atheist forum with one administrator who is a theist and that it is not what would be expected and although KC has never done anything I have ever experienced that would make me not like him, it is weird to come to a forum set up for atheists by atheists and run into theist administration (no matter how many other atheist admins there are).

I am not saying KC should not be an admin (as far as I know, he does his job well) and I don't think Denico is saying that either, I think the point is that in 2 years, it isn't just the people of TTA that have changed.

Evolve
10-01-2013, 11:09 AM
KC is a super mod, not an admin.

Contribute to the Community Resource!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-01-2013, 11:12 AM
(10-01-2013 10:50 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(10-01-2013 10:23 AM)Denicio Wrote:  Based on his posts, his behavior and content of his posts...i'd almost say it is HIS forum. He is the reason i left months ago. I missed the forum and the therapy it did for me so i came back. I came back as a way to vent and discuss topics.I just made the choice to leave him alone. I see his posts now days and am just blown away at the liberty the forum has given him at self promotion. Again, if i were a newbie...i'd swear its one of his many sites. I honestly gotta let this mass mutiny sink in. With the loss of great contributors and the rampant self promotion of Egor, i question if this is still the place for little ole me. Probably a matter of time before he starts plugging his Ebay auctions for his books on here that will be seemingly tolerated. Ahhhh, to think back to the good ole days prior to KC and Egor. IT truly was a wonderful forum. Now that i see that a Christian has a moderator status at an Atheist forum, i really do question WHAT the fuck is going on here.
Well, based on his posts, the whole world is HIS world. He's seriously deluded and incredibly vicious. Doesn't bother me, plus, we have ignore for a reason, but I can only imagine how someone who had just joined (and maybe just left religion) would feel if they had the misfortune to be jumped by him. People keep telling me he used to be much worse (can't really imagine it) and that he's a nice guy and what have you and I'm yet to see any proof of that. Like I said, doesn't bother me one iota, because I don't pay him any heed, but not everyone can do it.

KC, on the other hand, is nothing like him. I haven't seen him push his views on folks or denigrate them for not believing in his particular brandy of lunacy (sorry, KC, that's what it is to us Wink), so they really shouldn't be bunched up together.

As for the other crap, I prefer to stay (as much as possible) out of the whole fiasco, but the beardedguy put it quite well. And we have lost some folks that will be truly missed Sad
Vera,
I have no problems with KC other than his own personal brand of insanity. He's an odd Christian going to a church that seemingly tolerates him but has censored him too. I guess common sense happens to us all (hopefully) at different ages. I learned early in life to not go where i was not wanted. But like a wiser fella than myself once said "Common sense is not all that common". The fact that a theist (i could give two shits how 'nice' he is) has any 'say' in how an Atheist forum is moderated simply blows my mind. Some might argue that it shows how cool of a forum we are, but to me it shows a serious lapse in judgment. Allow this nice theist to be a member here and contribute even if we totally agree?? ABSOLUTELY! Not a question in my mind. But to allow a theist any level of leadership on this forum is just nucking futz, IMO.
I have watched the whole Egor saga unfold. Many Many months ago i lobbied hard to have him banned but the forum members came out to defend this guy, i realized at that moment i needed a break from this place so i left. He is abusive and he is a racist homophobe, and above all he is searching for an identity. It went from amusing to just plain sad. What a tormented guy. The rub is while he bounces from one brand of dogma to the next, he flails around with the worst of intentions taking out everyone in his path with zero checks and balances. He's not really contributing more than he is simply 'playing' the forum and its members. The Mod's have been too 'nice' to see it (or they just dont care). I have come back and see that he is STILL up to his same antics and they are STILL being tolerated. To me it cheapens this forum and DOES cause people to keep from contributing. I bet you its run of loads of new members too. People who needed a 'safe' place to sort thru the bondage of religion. Even when i came back i still approached this forum quite guarded...as they continued to allow Egor to do what he does and plug his website and book.
I still argue he is here simply as a lark. His intentions are simply to stir up trouble.
Egor should have been banned long ago. KC, as nice as he is, should still be just a member. I simply cant comprehend how a theist has any control (even if a tiny bit) of an Atheist Forum. Blows my mind!
10-01-2013, 11:13 AM
KC's religion is nuts but it doesn't include trying to convert people and hence it doesn't bother me. He's been a professional acting mod, very curteous and friendly.

The only thing that bothers me about Egor is when he jumps in newbie welcome threads. He should not be allowed to do that, they all end up running for the hills. He is nuts and has no manners, but then, for myself, I don't have to read his stuff.

There is a long list of people who left either in disgust or with hurt feelings and that bothers me. We need to start to recognize meltdowns BEFORE it gets to that point and stop them asap.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
10-01-2013, 11:14 AM
(10-01-2013 11:07 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I think what Denico is trying to say about KC is that what we have here is an atheist forum with one administrator who is a theist and that it is not what would be expected and although KC has never done anything I have ever experienced that would make me not like him, it is weird to come to a forum set up for atheists by atheists and run into theist administration (no matter how many other atheist admins there are).

I am not saying KC should not be an admin (as far as I know, he does his job well) and I don't think Denico is saying that either, I think the point is that in 2 years, it isn't just the people of TTA that have changed.
KC is not an admin. He is a moderator. He clicks 'BAN' for bots only, and approves first posts for first time posters. He does get to give his ideas or opinions during discussions, but he does not make the official decisions.

His actions speak clearly, so do other theists or atheists for that matter.

Personally speaking, I think it's good to not lump all theists into one group but actually see people for who they are. This can be healing for atheists who have PTSD. Just like atheism, atheists have in common atheism, but that's the single and only thing they have in common. I probably disagree more with some atheists here than with KC on the politics of the forum, and he may feel the same about fellow theists.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
10-01-2013, 11:20 AM
(10-01-2013 10:23 AM)Denicio Wrote:  Now that i see that a christian has a moderator status at an Atheist forum, i really do question WHAT the fuck is going on here.

Kc was chosen to be a mod because it was felt he was right for the job. And he didn't disappoint. He has put a lot into this forum even behind the scenes.

His religion is irrelevant to the contribution he puts into this forum. This forum has ALWAYS been open to people of any belief and that is the way it will stay. This isn't an atheist exclusive forum it is open to all.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 8 users Like FSM_scot's post