Vote of No Confidence

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-01-2013, 08:16 AM
RE: Vote of No Confidence
(02-01-2013 08:13 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(02-01-2013 08:10 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I am not a fool, Hugshie.

Yes, they were. Hell, several members were attacking Anjele's position under the assumption that she did want FZU banned. But, again, you can look at the thread and see the numbers that wanted some form of action against FZU. I am not saying banning is the absolute solution, nor have I ever said that. I, several times, suggested that rules be added.

But see, the problem with suggesting rules is that the majority of this forum views regulation in this idiotic dichotomy of anarchy and totalitarianism, with no reasonable middle ground. Ah, anarcho-capitalism masquerading as Libertarianism. Got to love it.

We're gonna have to accept the we disagree then. You think the attacks were aimed at people for asking for a ban, I think they were aimed at people who demanded a ban and then flipped out that they didn't get it. I like you and it's not worth us having a falling out over.
You are right, and as long as the team is working on modifying the rules, I will throw in my two-cents in the next few days to come.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2013, 08:56 AM
For the record, action was taken and he ignored our request. Future action was going to be taken, but BC pulled the trigger before we could discuss what to do.

And don't give me that crap about it taking too long... for crying out loud, it was Christmas and New Years and people have lives.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
02-01-2013, 09:06 AM
(02-01-2013 08:56 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  For the record, action was taken and he ignored our request. Future action was going to be taken, but BC pulled the trigger before we could discuss what to do.

And don't give me that crap about it taking too long... for crying out loud, it was Christmas and New Years and people have lives.

Hot damn, you mean you are not just game avatars on my PC?

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
02-01-2013, 09:11 AM
(02-01-2013 09:06 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(02-01-2013 08:56 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  For the record, action was taken and he ignored our request. Future action was going to be taken, but BC pulled the trigger before we could discuss what to do.

Well, no.

I'm actually an upside down dog vying for atheistic world dominance parading around as a Christian.

02-01-2013, 09:13 AM
AW: RE: Vote of No Confidence
(02-01-2013 09:06 AM)Dom Wrote:  

I too was quite surprised when I found out that the different users on TTA aren't actually Erxomai's sock-puppet accounts.

Or are they? Consider

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
02-01-2013, 09:15 AM
(02-01-2013 09:11 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(02-01-2013 09:06 AM)Dom Wrote:  Hot damn, you mean you are not just game avatars on my PC?
Well, no.

I'm actually an upside down dog vying for atheistic world dominance parading around as a Christian.

Well, that pretty much explains everything. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-01-2013, 09:15 AM

You seemed to have ample time to comment on the thread of which the issue was brought up.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
02-01-2013, 09:21 AM
(02-01-2013 09:15 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  

You seemed to have ample time to comment on the thread of which the issue was brought up.
I wasn't talking about me... plus I'm one person. And, I'm not a rogue mod.

I can't have a discussion with myself, LH.

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
02-01-2013, 10:33 AM
LH, I also find it peculiar that you're condemning the laissez faire attitude towards rules, while condemning the FT for upholding the rules that we do have and condemning us on the amount of time it takes us to make sure we uphold the integrity of those rules.

No matter what we do, we're wrong. Your comments are evidence of this.

And, don't even start with "changing the rules". We're working on that, but the violation fell under the current rule set. We have to abide by that.

Don't really see why that is so hard to understand.

Yes, the rules were insufficient to handle the FZU situation. It was the perfect storm. But, the FT is in tune enough to realize this and is restructuring and rewriting as to not have this situation repeat itself.

Complaining and insulting the FT doesn't help... it's expected... but doesn't help.

You couldn't have done a better job, LH. No one could. We did the best job we could. We made the most efficient compromises we could regarding forum rules.

The forum's complaints have been heard. And, we are listening to them.

Stop being so negative. Despite what you may think, we care about this place and we're not just power hungry pissers that want to run things the way we want to run it.

This is our forum (everyone's), and we want it to be the best for everyone. Unfortunately, that's not achievable, but we can come as close as possible.

Stop being so negatively critical, and start suggesting ways that can make this place better. We're listening.

02-01-2013, 10:37 AM
(02-01-2013 10:33 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  LH, I also find it peculiar that you're condemning the laissez faire attitude towards rules, while condemning the FT for upholding the rules that we do have and condemning us on the amount of time it takes us to make sure we uphold the integrity of those rules.

No matter what we do, we're wrong. Your comments are evidence of this.

And, don't even start with "changing the rules". We're working on that, but the violation fell under the current rule set. We have to abide by that.

Don't really see why that is so hard to understand.

Yes, the rules were insufficient to handle the FZU situation. It was the perfect storm. But, the FT is in tune enough to realize this and is restructuring and rewriting as to not have this situation repeat itself.

Complaining and insulting the FT doesn't help... it's expected... but doesn't help.

You couldn't have done a better job, LH. No one could. We did the best job we could. We made the most efficient compromises we could regarding forum rules.

The forum's complaints have been heard. And, we are listening to them.

Stop being so negative. Despite what you may think, we care about this place and we're not just power hungry pissers that want to run things the way we want to run it.

This is our forum (everyone's), and we want it to be the best for everyone. Unfortunately, that's not achievable, but we can come as close as possible.

Stop being so negatively critical, and start suggesting ways that can make this place better. We're listening.

So what are the current rules regarding posting advertisements for paid services?

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man