Vote of No Confidence

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-01-2013, 10:39 AM
RE: Vote of No Confidence
(02-01-2013 10:37 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(02-01-2013 10:33 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  LH, I also find it peculiar that you're condemning the laissez faire attitude towards rules, while condemning the FT for upholding the rules that we do have and condemning us on the amount of time it takes us to make sure we uphold the integrity of those rules.

No matter what we do, we're wrong. Your comments are evidence of this.

And, don't even start with "changing the rules". We're working on that, but the violation fell under the current rule set. We have to abide by that.

Don't really see why that is so hard to understand.

Yes, the rules were insufficient to handle the FZU situation. It was the perfect storm. But, the FT is in tune enough to realize this and is restructuring and rewriting as to not have this situation repeat itself.

Complaining and insulting the FT doesn't help... it's expected... but doesn't help.

You couldn't have done a better job, LH. No one could. We did the best job we could. We made the most efficient compromises we could regarding forum rules.

The forum's complaints have been heard. And, we are listening to them.

Stop being so negative. Despite what you may think, we care about this place and we're not just power hungry pissers that want to run things the way we want to run it.

This is our forum (everyone's), and we want it to be the best for everyone. Unfortunately, that's not achievable, but we can come as close as possible.

Stop being so negatively critical, and start suggesting ways that can make this place better. We're listening.

So what are the current rules regarding posting advertisements for paid services?
I know what you're getting at. About to have a conversation with him.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2013, 10:40 AM
(02-01-2013 10:37 AM)Dom Wrote:  So what are the current rules regarding posting advertisements for paid services?

As I understand it it depends on context. If someone is here to contribute, not just advertise, then it's more likely to be allowed. If it's something relevant to the forum or atheism in general then it's even more likely.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
02-01-2013, 10:42 AM
(02-01-2013 10:40 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(02-01-2013 10:37 AM)Dom Wrote:  So what are the current rules regarding posting advertisements for paid services?

As I understand it it depends on context. If someone is here to contribute, not just advertise, then it's more likely to be allowed. If it's something relevant to the forum or atheism in general then it's even more likely.
I already sent a PM. I don't see it being a problem.

02-01-2013, 10:45 AM
(02-01-2013 10:42 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I already sent a PM. I don't see it being a problem.

I thought it was more of a general question. Is it referring to someone in particular? And if so, who?

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
02-01-2013, 10:46 AM
(02-01-2013 10:45 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(02-01-2013 10:42 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I already sent a PM. I don't see it being a problem.

I thought it was more of a general question. Is it referring to someone in particular? And if so, who?
Ed mentioning that he has a paid subscription option on his new forum.

02-01-2013, 10:47 AM
(02-01-2013 10:46 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Ed mentioning that he has a paid subscription option on his new forum.

Oh right.

Best
Worst
02-01-2013, 10:53 AM
No, it's not about Ed, I would figure he would have enough seniority to do that.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
02-01-2013, 10:54 AM
(02-01-2013 10:53 AM)Dom Wrote:  No, it's not about Ed, I would figure he would have enough seniority to do that.
Then who?

Edit:
And Dom, I don't mean to use you an example, so please don't take this the wrong way, but we can't handle situations we don't know about. Please, if you see a potential violation, post it on the FT forum. That way we can take action against it.

02-01-2013, 10:58 AM
(02-01-2013 10:54 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(02-01-2013 10:53 AM)Dom Wrote:  No, it's not about Ed, I would figure he would have enough seniority to do that.

Then who?

Edit:
And Dom, I don't mean to use you an example, so please don't take this the wrong way, but we can't handle situations we don't know about. Please, if you see a potential violation, post it on the FT forum. That way we can take action against it.

I was just asking about the rule. I don't know where it is. I am not asking for any action at this time. Just wanna now the rules.

And I did post about it already - twice, but it got lost in the shuffle.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
02-01-2013, 11:02 AM
RE: AW: Vote of No Confidence
(02-01-2013 09:13 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(02-01-2013 09:06 AM)Dom Wrote:  Hot damn, you mean you are not just game avatars on my PC?
I too was quite surprised when I found out that the different users on TTA aren't actually Erxomai's sock-puppet accounts.

Or are they? Consider

Only you and Logica. Drinking Beverage

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Banner Vote Jagare 51 811 25-07-2014 07:08 AM
Last Post: kingschosen
  Vote on Natal Charts Full Circle 56 1,183 28-05-2013 05:51 PM
Last Post: Dom