Vote of No Confidence

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-01-2013, 11:03 AM
RE: Vote of No Confidence
Oh, my day for stupid questions it seems.

What's the FT forum?

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2013, 11:06 AM
(02-01-2013 11:03 AM)Dom Wrote:  Oh, my day for stupid questions it seems.

What's the FT forum?

The Forum Team Matters section.

It's the section where you can only see the threads you post and nothing else. Thinking about it it's probably the best place to post with any issues. In this section threads quite often get derailed as loads of people pile in, that doesn't tend to happen in FTM as far less people can access the threads.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
02-01-2013, 11:09 AM
(02-01-2013 11:06 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(02-01-2013 11:03 AM)Dom Wrote:  Oh, my day for stupid questions it seems.

What's the FT forum?

The Forum Team Matters section.

It's the section where you can only see the threads you post and nothing else. Thinking about it it's probably the best place to post with any issues. In this section threads quite often get derailed as loads of people pile in, that doesn't tend to happen in FTM as far less people can access the threads.

Oh, I had no idea us mere mortals could post there.

So, if I post there, the team can see it but no one else can, including myself?

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
02-01-2013, 11:11 AM
(02-01-2013 11:09 AM)Dom Wrote:  Oh, I had no idea us mere mortals could post there.

You can still see it, along with the FT. No-one else can though. It allows us to discuss any issue with you privately and without 50 people all piling in and confusing things.

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
02-01-2013, 11:13 AM
(02-01-2013 11:11 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(02-01-2013 11:09 AM)Dom Wrote:  Oh, I had no idea us mere mortals could post there.

You can still see it, along with the FT. No-one else can though. It allows us to discuss any issue with you privately and without 50 people all piling in and confusing things.

That's cool. I didn't know the software could be set like that. Thanks.

02-01-2013, 11:17 AM
Ok, so back to the rules about posting ads.

Are they totally vague like that? No parameters given, like the person has to have been a contributing member for x amount of time, have a certain rep, have a certain number of posts etc?

Maybe you want to make that one a bit more precise so one can know what one is looking at instead of running to you with crap complaints.

I think, regardless of other policies or non policies, forums should have clear spam rules. That's just a fact of life on the web.

02-01-2013, 11:20 AM
(02-01-2013 11:17 AM)Dom Wrote:  Ok, so back to the rules about posting ads.

Are they totally vague like that? No parameters given, like the person has to have been a contributing member for x amount of time, have a certain rep, have a certain number of posts etc?

Maybe you want to make that one a bit more precise so one can know what one is looking at instead of running to you with crap complaints.

I think, regardless of other policies or non policies, forums should have clear spam rules. That's just a fact of life on the web.

I think the rule was something like 20 posts and 20 days, or maybe it was 30. I'm not sure whether that only applied to youtube vids and blogs or whether it applied to money making stuff as well.

You've got a good point there Dom, this is probably something else for us to clarify in the coming days.

Best
Worst
02-01-2013, 11:27 AM
(02-01-2013 11:20 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(02-01-2013 11:17 AM)Dom Wrote:  Ok, so back to the rules about posting ads.

I think the rule was something like 20 posts and 20 days, or maybe it was 30. I'm not sure whether that only applied to youtube vids and blogs or whether it applied to money making stuff as well.

You've got a good point there Dom, this is probably something else for us to clarify in the coming days.

Good. I wouldn't think any member like Ed would be in trouble for it since he has been a contributing member for a long time. But, FZU advertised his design services with price and all, and as far as I would think, he doesn't have the same status as Ed. So I asked for clarification.

02-01-2013, 02:20 PM

One of the values of being in a forum is the ability to promote yourself and your business, like a writer promoting his or her latest book, or graphic designer, whatever. I've never understood why forums ban that. I, myself, am going to try to capitalize on it.

But I respect the rules here, and I don't think I have any more right to advertise if it's wrong to do so than any other member, regardless of my status. I think if you look back at that post, it was in context, not an advertisement.

I think everyone who interacts with me on this forum is now aware that I have a writer's forum and it has a paid subscription option. I don't know, I'm thinking it might have something to do with my neon flashing signature and not the contextual comments I make. Just geussin... Unsure
Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2013, 07:40 PM
RE: AW: Vote of No Confidence
(02-01-2013 11:02 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(02-01-2013 09:13 AM)Vosur Wrote:  I too was quite surprised when I found out that the different users on TTA aren't actually Erxomai's sock-puppet accounts.

Or are they? Consider

Only you and Logica. Drinking Beverage
Therefore I am not responsible for me. Drinking Beverage

And KC, I had already said we are done. If you want to continue arguing, do it with yourself.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post