Vote of No Confidence

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-12-2012, 08:01 AM
RE: Vote of No Confidence
(31-12-2012 07:58 AM)bemore Wrote:  The sad thing about it all is he hurt Anjeles feelings, but we hurt each others feelings on here all the time everyday in the things that we discuss.
That's all there was to it. Yet people insisted on getting on their high horses and blowing it out of all imaginable proportion.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
31-12-2012, 08:03 AM
(31-12-2012 07:59 AM)morondog Wrote:  Since when were we all so damn ugly to each other ?
Since you decided to poke you mug in here Drinking Beverage

[Image: HubbleRParry_450x300.jpg]

31-12-2012, 08:04 AM
(31-12-2012 08:03 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(31-12-2012 07:59 AM)morondog Wrote:  Since when were we all so damn ugly to each other ?
Since you decided to poke you mug in here Drinking Beverage

[Image: HubbleRParry_450x300.jpg]
That's my butt. How come you've got a photo of my butt ?
31-12-2012, 08:05 AM
(31-12-2012 08:04 AM)morondog Wrote:  [quote='Vera' pid='230029' dateline='1356962606']
That's my butt. How come you've got a photo of my butt ?
nah, don't sell yourself too short.

[Image: tumblr_lfls5wNXTm1qgoiq8o1_400.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
31-12-2012, 08:09 AM
(31-12-2012 07:55 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(31-12-2012 07:31 AM)Chas Wrote:  The rules as they stand are sufficient. This forum is different. If you don't like freedom, piss off.

And if someone has an issue with the rules ? It's not just one member here. By the way, some of us have been here for a while. I'd say we have as much right as any to request a change or a review. This business of 'Well if you don't like it shove off' - any criticism can be answered with that. You guys are coming across autocratic.
Oh, c'mon. I have stated elsewhere that I thought the rules needed some review, that I wasn't happy about some of the moderation being done (or not done), that FZ should be banned, that I was unhappy with the influx of assholes, etc., etc.

But Buddy went rogue, Erx is in absentia, the moderators are at each others' throats, we haven't had a reasonable rules discussion, etc., etc.

I don't even know my status. I signed on to be the Maytag repairman, which gives me admin power but I'm not a moderator - or am I? Fuck knows, 'cause Erx is missing and the mods are tangling like rabid wolves.

Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
31-12-2012, 08:11 AM
We've got two camps.

In one corner, the I-Hate-FZUMedia camp. Championed by... the BUDDY CHRIST!!!

And in the other corner the I-love-Freedom-of-speech camp, champion.... HUUUUUGHSIE...

And there's *no* fucking middle ground. I mean Jesus. I love freedom of speech as much as the next guy, but you can *understand* why BC did what he done right ? May not agree with it but understand it right ?

Otoh, us of the Fuzzy-haters are driven to ever more ridiculous protestations that he should have been banned for x logical reason. Frankly, I just loathe the guy. But he gave us an excuse on a fuckin' golden platter and no one took it up Sad

All this talk of censure and punishment for BC and members leaving... well, anyway, my true colours have been revealed. I despise FZU. Should get a t-shirt.

By the way, all views expressed in this post are my own, so no sneaky bashing other people for 'just hating FZU and wanting any excuse to get rid of him' - that's *me* - other people do stuff for their own reasons.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
31-12-2012, 08:13 AM
Here is another thing as well for people to consider.

We had the whole thing with earmuffs saying the word "nigga", he got asked to stop using it by certain people and he refused. He considered his own freedom of speech more sacred than the feelings of other forum users.

He (quite rightly so in the name of freedom) never got banned, the forum could of got rid of him, we had a member leave because of the issues raised about racism.

Instead of his banning people penned the phrase "Fucking muffs"

It appears to me that outsiders/new people dont have much chance of survival here unless they fit into the allready selected friendship circles of certain people.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
(31-12-2012 08:09 AM)Chas Wrote:  the mods are tangling like rabid wolves.
While instead, they should be:

[Image: tango.jpg]

I went "ignore mode" on fzumedia long ago and train wreck too. My concerns aren't the obvious trolls but assholes like Egor that say shit to new members, who I never see return afterwards.

Having said that, I both and disagree with HoC. Trolls need to be ban hammered. It has happened before, so why stop now? And I'm not suggesting that any moderator "go rogue" and start banning people on their own, but maybe things should be given a vote system? Mods get 2 votes and "senior" members get 1. (Not sure what should constitute senior status). This does 2 things, makes a mods position more powerful since they would need to vote on whether to bring it to a vote, and gives those who have invested their time in the forum a say.

Evolve
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
31-12-2012, 08:25 AM
(31-12-2012 08:11 AM)morondog Wrote:  We've got two camps.

In one corner, the I-Hate-FZUMedia camp. Championed by... the BUDDY CHRIST!!!

And in the other corner the I-love-Freedom-of-speech camp, champion.... HUUUUUGHSIE...

And there's *no* fucking middle ground. I mean Jesus. I love freedom of speech as much as the next guy, but you can *understand* why BC did what he done right ? May not agree with it but understand it right ?

Otoh, us of the Fuzzy-haters are driven to ever more ridiculous protestations that he should have been banned for x logical reason. Frankly, I just loathe the guy. But he gave us an excuse on a fuckin' golden platter and no one took it up Sad

All this talk of censure and punishment for BC and members leaving... well, anyway, my true colours have been revealed. I despise FZU. Should get a t-shirt.

By the way, all views expressed in this post are my own, so no sneaky bashing other people for 'just hating FZU and wanting any excuse to get rid of him' - that's *me* - other people do stuff for their own reasons.
I am middle ground... and so is Hughie.

The wheels of his banning were already turning... but, you never know... something could have changed with him... look at Egor... sure he's back being a jerk, but he'll probably swing back.

HoC... I wasn't a mod somewhere else. I just watched mods abuse power and destroy places.

People seem to be all for freedom of speech until it affects you.

Muffs - the "nigga" thing
Girly - can't believe you of all people are supporting this; highly disappointed
HoC - complaints about you have always been and will always continue (due to being hard to understand sometimes)
Me - for being a Christian

There are countless other examples because no one is ever going to 100% agree. People are going to piss others off... all the time.

Getting rid of someone because you don't agree with is totally against what we stand for... heck, hate to pull this card... but what you atheists are suppose to fully support.

We have a system. That system needs to be followed.

If that system isn't working, then it needs to be changed; however, no changes are in place until agreed upon.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post