Vote of No Confidence

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2013, 11:22 AM
RE: Vote of No Confidence
I meant mod, got my terms mixed up.

Like I said, my issue is not that KC is a mod/theist, just that the perception of it is not expected.

Evolve
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2013, 11:25 AM
I mean, I doubt any theists going to theist websites would have atheist administrators.

Evolve
10-01-2013, 11:27 AM
(10-01-2013 11:25 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I mean, I doubt any theists going to theist websites would have atheist administrators.

I think that demonstrates how open-minded we are compared to those theist sites.

[Image: mrhanky.jpg]

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

[+] 5 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
10-01-2013, 11:30 AM
Well, I don't really see a problem with a theist being a mod or whatever. After all, it's not like he's the ruler of our country or something. No offence to the mods, but it's not like being one is some sort of coveted position of power. Yeah, you can do some things, but it's mostly to ensure the smooth running of the place and such, it really doesn't influence the contents of the forum. At least I think so.

Plus, count your blessings, I've very shortly been in a forum where they have a Muslim admin/mod Wink

As for Egor - I agree it's painful to watch and not just for the newbies. He is hateful and is taking out his own frustrations and fears on others and this I've always hated, as a rule. I would've have felt sorry for him for he's obviously in pain, had he not chosen such a hateful, disgusting way to deal with it.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
10-01-2013, 11:34 AM
(10-01-2013 11:25 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I mean, I doubt any theists going to theist websites would have atheist administrators.
I doubt they would, too.
10-01-2013, 11:40 AM
(10-01-2013 11:30 AM)Vera Wrote:  Well, I don't really see a problem with a theist being a mod or whatever. After all, it's not like he's the ruler of our country or something. No offence to the mods, but it's not like being one is some sort of coveted position of power. Yeah, you can do some things, but it's mostly to ensure the smooth running of the place and such, it really doesn't influence the contents of the forum. At least I think so.

Plus, count your blessings, I've very shortly been in a forum where they have a Muslim admin/mod Wink

As for Egor - I agree it's painful to watch and not just for the newbies. He is hateful and is taking out his own frustrations and fears on others and this I've always hated, as a rule. I would've have felt sorry for him for he's obviously in pain, had he not chosen such a hateful, disgusting way to deal with it.

Absolutely. It is painful to watch. And it becomes very difficult to separate the rhetoric (of any kind) from the person.

[Image: mrhanky.jpg]

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
10-01-2013, 11:43 AM
(10-01-2013 11:40 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Absolutely. It is painful to watch. And it becomes very difficult to separate the rhetoric (of any kind) from the person.
Plus, I don't even think it could be called rhetoric. It's just mud-slinging and poop-throwing of no common order.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
10-01-2013, 12:20 PM

It certainly seems odd and I occasionally get queasy about it. But that's me.

However, kc isn't crazy; he's smart, he's compassionate, he's level-headed (except the delusional part), and he helps make this place run.

I also think it makes TTA more attractive, more obviously inclusive.

Egor, on the other hand, is loony tunes, hateful, unreasonable, and vicious. He has some sort of bipolar personality. But he has never done anything to get himself banned (that we know of).

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 8 users Like Chas's post
10-01-2013, 01:57 PM
(10-01-2013 10:48 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  I miss HOC, A2, Lucradis, DeepThought, BC, Kineo, Lilith, Observer and many others. None of them are banned though, and I hope they come back in a few months when things cool off.
I wish Unbeliever would come back. Weeping

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
10-01-2013, 04:54 PM
Are we going down this road again?

I just looked at this thread and see that my being a moderator has come up again.

Denicio, we've had our ups and downs... so it's whatever. And, if I believed that it was in the best interest of the forum for me to step aside, I would. But right now, more than any time, the forum needs me... it needs Chas... it needs Scott and Hughsie... it needs all the mods and members.

A few months back, someone else questioned my status as a mod. Now, it seems he realizes what I do, how much I do, and how quietly I do it. This forum isn't about me. It isn't about you or anyone else. It's not about Christianity or atheism. It's about a sense of community. It's about people who can come together and discuss topics that interest them... build relationships... and have fun.

This forum was on the inevitable path of change. I made a commitment to a good friend when I first became a mod to lead to the best of my ability. I'm fulfilling that commitment. I will continue to fulfill that commitment until I feel like I can't anymore. Once that day comes, I will quietly step aside and, hopefully, watch this place grow; even if I'm not involved.

I harbor no malice towards atheism. I harbor no malice towards anyone. I care about this place, and I care about the friendships I made here. I've been entrusted with a certain about of power to make this place better, and I will strive to do just that.

I'm sorry that it bothers you. But, the health of this forum doesn't revolve around how you feel about me being a mod.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post