Vote of No Confidence

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2013, 04:57 PM
RE: Vote of No Confidence
(10-01-2013 04:54 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Are we going down this road again?

I just looked at this thread and see that my being a moderator has come up again.

Denicio, we've had our ups and downs... so it's whatever. And, if I believed that it was in the best interest of the forum for me to step aside, I would. But right now, more than any time, the forum needs me... it needs Chas... it needs Scott and Hughsie... it needs all the mods and members.

A few months back, someone else questioned my status as a mod. Now, it seems he realizes what I do, how much I do, and how quietly I do it. This forum isn't about me. It isn't about you or anyone else. It's not about Christianity or atheism. It's about a sense of community. It's about people who can come together and discuss topics that interest them... build relationships... and have fun.

This forum was on the inevitable path of change. I made a commitment to a good friend when I first became a mod to lead to the best of my ability. I'm fulfilling that commitment. I will continue to fulfill that commitment until I feel like I can't anymore. Once that day comes, I will quietly step aside and, hopefully, watch this place grow; even if I'm not involved.

I harbor no malice towards atheism. I harbor no malice towards anyone. I care about this place, and I care about the friendships I made here. I've been entrusted with a certain about of power to make this place better, and I will strive to do just that.

I'm sorry that it bothers you. But, the health of this forum doesn't revolve around how you feel about me being a mod.

And that, good friends, is why KC is a mod and Egor is not.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post
10-01-2013, 05:01 PM
I think KC is a great mod, whenever I talk about this site to my friends I brag about him.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 3 users Like Question's post
10-01-2013, 05:02 PM
Is this for real?

OK, this is my view on KC being a Super-Mod.

KC is a highly valued member of the forum, not only this but he has also put a lot of effort into his role as a Mod and been very active in discussions regarding the forum. He had proven time and again that his judgement is sound and that he has the best interests of the forum at heart. He was recently promoted to Super-Mod at the unanimous choice of the Forum Team, the people who are best placed to see just how much he contributes.

Also gonna point out that me and FSM_scot are not gonna have someone in such a role if we have any doubts about them.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 3 users Like Hughsie's post
10-01-2013, 05:06 PM
(10-01-2013 04:54 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  It's not about Christianity or atheism. It's about a sense of community.
What? This isnt "Obama's Community Organizer Forum and general warm and fuzzy feelgoodery bonfire" its very MUCH about Atheism, I'd challenge you to read out loud the actual name of the web address for the rest of us.
My beef is not about YOU per se, but about a theist as part of the administration team over an atheist community. Come on dude, if you cant see that its a theological conflict of interest then i want a pound of what you are smoking. My fears are somewhat quelled now that i know you have limited power but it still is VERY odd to me to have a Theist with any admin privileges in a forum that basically considers your belief system to be wrong.

This AINT about you, so dont own it like its your cross to bear. I'd make a stink if Pastor Ted Haggard, Robert Tilton, Creslo Dollar or any other of your Christian ilk were allowed to have the same privilege.
"Going down this road again" Really? Sorry to bother you your highness. If you cant see the fundamental oddity of the situation then i truly wonder how you got the job. Then again you are the oddball Christian that were handed his hat at his church due to odd teachings and beliefs.
I shall repeat, this has NOTHING to do with you.

Just like i would not want a single celebate unich a mod on a Marriage forum. The same applies.
You may be ROCKING this job out..i am just saying its fucking odd and i dont like it. Nuff said.
D
10-01-2013, 05:15 PM
(10-01-2013 05:02 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  He had proven time and again that his judgement is sound

Let me get a napkin and clean the coffee off my monitor that i just spat out. The guy that goes to a church that does not want him and has to be told how to teach his class and NOT offer his opinion on theology has good judgement? Now i want a pound of what you are smoking. I am not asking to ban him, not asking to fire him...none of this stuff...but it seems you guys are all worshipping at the alter of KC and its just fucking odd.
He's openly posted that he willfully goes where he's not wanted. If you file that in the column of 'good judgement' then i gotta get my new 2013 dictionary cuz someone's changed the definitnon on me! I hate it when that happens.
I like him OK and have no beef with him but i still think hes' nuts and quite open about his misguided sunday school gig. Downright comical i tell ya.
I am done, i sound like i am beating up on KC and its all about the principal of Theist SUPER MODDING an Atheist forum. I'll be sure to let the local pentacostal preachers know they gotta shot here.
If you guys cant see that its fucking weired then i am really living in the twilight zone.
Duder out
10-01-2013, 05:35 PM
Hah, of course it's weird. I totally agree with you that it's weird. It's like putting a mongoose in charge of a snake pit. And it is a little Twilight Zone-ish.

But he's played fair and done a good job and not gotten any crazier as a mod than he would be as a non-mod, and he seems to do a lot for this forum. Somehow, he seems to put the crazy theist on the shelf and act like a useful contributor, and valued community member, and a decent moderator, all despite coming from that initial theistic handicap. OK, it's not really a handicap to anything except being rational about science and reality. I gotta give him credit for his equanimity, for the fact that he could use this forum as a place to shout his beliefs but he doesn't, not unless asked, and he especially doesn't abuse mod power to bend us to his wacky will.

Doesn't make it less weird. In fact, it makes it more weird.

But it works.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 5 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post
11-01-2013, 12:08 AM
If we say this place is for everyone but only atheists can be mods we de facto make everyone else a second class citizen, not so ?

I always understood that the thinking atheist in the forum name referred specifically to Seth. The rest of us are unthinking brutes anyway. Hobo
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
11-01-2013, 01:00 AM
Consider

I would go for a pint with AThinkingTheist over an UnThinkingAtheist any day.

Yes

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
11-01-2013, 03:58 AM
(11-01-2013 12:08 AM)morondog Wrote:  If we say this place is for everyone but only atheists can be mods we de facto make everyone else a second class citizen, not so ?

I was going to "like" you for this...

... but then I got to this:

(11-01-2013 12:08 AM)morondog Wrote:  The rest of us are unthinking brutes anyway. Hobo

I think you're wrong.

11-01-2013, 07:17 AM
(11-01-2013 03:58 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  I think you're wrong.
Hmm... you think Wink Tee hee...