Poll: Does the thread Natal Charts belong in the Science forum?
This poll is closed.
No 39.13% 9 39.13%
Yes 4.35% 1 4.35%
I don't care 56.52% 13 56.52%
Total 23 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Vote on Natal Charts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-05-2013, 04:28 PM
RE: Vote on Natal Charts
(27-05-2013 04:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(27-05-2013 03:34 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Why did I agree to become Admin again?

So you could move that thread. Drinking Beverage

Chas, you do realise if that thread was moved your life would no longer have a purpose and the universe would implode. We just cannot let that happen. Life is simply too precious.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DeepThought's post
27-05-2013, 04:30 PM
(27-05-2013 04:28 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  
(27-05-2013 04:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  So you could move that thread. Drinking Beverage

Chas, you do realise if that thread was moved your life would no longer have a purpose and the universe would implode. We just cannot let that happen. Life is simply too precious.

If it is not moved, I will divide by zero. Angry

[Image: divide3.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
27-05-2013, 10:42 PM
The irony being if no-one had said anything that thread would've fallen to the bottom of the list and disappeared from most peoples radar.

Publicity like this is what's keeping it going. Like people in the media biz say... Any publicity is good publicity.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 1 user Likes DeepThought's post
28-05-2013, 02:59 AM
The thread was posted with genuine curiosity as to its scientific validity. Was the topic woo-woo? Yes. But the OP was merely making a reasonable inquiry to find out if it was or not. That was THE point of the thread, and it is the very essence of science. Asking questions to find out what's true about the world and how it works. The fact that Chas recognized it as woo and threw a bitch-fit doesn't mean that the scientific method was not being employed.

I say let the damn thing be as it is and everybody have a fucking beer.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
[+] 2 users Like Misanthropik's post
28-05-2013, 06:18 AM
(28-05-2013 02:59 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  The thread was posted with genuine curiosity as to its scientific validity. Was the topic woo-woo? Yes. But the OP was merely making a reasonable inquiry to find out if it was or not. That was THE point of the thread, and it is the very essence of science. Asking questions to find out what's true about the world and how it works. The fact that Chas recognized it as woo and threw a bitch-fit doesn't mean that the scientific method was not being employed.

Then why were my scientific inquiry threads moved but not that one? Consider

You will also note that there is only one 'yes' vote in the poll.

28-05-2013, 07:09 AM
Chas, just let it die already, stop being a crying baby, for Christ sake! I gave up, you still wanna beat this dead horse? People are laughing at us man, there really is no reason at all to keep pushing something so meaningless. Do you want me to delete the thread? I will not move it, because it is valid, but if it bothers you SO much, I will delete it and resign my Mod rights.

Simple question, do you want that?

YES or NO?

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
28-05-2013, 07:49 AM
(28-05-2013 07:09 AM)Filox Wrote:  Chas, just let it die already, stop being a crying baby, for Christ sake! I gave up, you still wanna beat this dead horse? People are laughing at us man, there really is no reason at all to keep pushing something so meaningless. Do you want me to delete the thread? I will not move it, because it is valid, but if it bothers you SO much, I will delete it and resign my Mod rights.

Simple question, do you want that?

YES or NO?

I don't give a fuck what you do except to move the thread.
The thread does not belong in Science. You even 'liked' my comment that said so.

You and Jamie are just being stubborn dicks and are clearly not functioning as rational moderators.

28-05-2013, 04:15 PM
(28-05-2013 06:18 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(28-05-2013 02:59 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  The thread was posted with genuine curiosity as to its scientific validity. Was the topic woo-woo? Yes. But the OP was merely making a reasonable inquiry to find out if it was or not. That was THE point of the thread, and it is the very essence of science. Asking questions to find out what's true about the world and how it works. The fact that Chas recognized it as woo and threw a bitch-fit doesn't mean that the scientific method was not being employed.

Then why were my scientific inquiry threads moved but not that one? Consider

*Sigh* Don't know, Chas. I wasn't aware that you made scientific inquiries. Given that everything is bullshit by default. Drinking Beverage

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
28-05-2013, 04:45 PM
(28-05-2013 06:18 AM)Chas Wrote:  Then why were my scientific inquiry threads moved but not that one? Consider

Erm.... because everybody here knows the real reason why you posted them??? That reason being because you were protesting a decision you were personally were not happy with.

(28-05-2013 06:18 AM)Chas Wrote:  You will also note that there is only one 'yes' vote in the poll.

You will also note that the largest majority don't give a fuck.

So Chas, I have looked for the natal thread and it I cant see it anymore so it looks like you have eventually got your way.... so I expect that in the future anything that you don't like you will simply kick up another childish fuss.

You disagree with the Admin on this board, that is plainly obvious as you have stated it and I remember you whining like a petulant child when I was a mod and we discussed things and you never got your own way then. The thing is Chas.... I joined this place because of its free speech policy. FSM and Hughsie uphold this because they can see in scales of grey (everybody's way) whilst you just see things in just black and white (your way).

They do more of a better job at admin on this forum that uphold the forum that I remember joining/original foundations then you could ever dream of (in my humble opinion)

Your a good contributor, but your also a fucking mard arse.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
28-05-2013, 04:51 PM (This post was last modified: 28-05-2013 04:55 PM by Chas.)
(28-05-2013 04:45 PM)bemore Wrote:  
(28-05-2013 06:18 AM)Chas Wrote:  Then why were my scientific inquiry threads moved but not that one? Consider

Erm.... because everybody here knows the real reason why you posted them??? That reason being because you were protesting a decision you were personally were not happy with.

(28-05-2013 06:18 AM)Chas Wrote:  You will also note that there is only one 'yes' vote in the poll.

You will also note that the largest majority don't give a fuck.

So Chas, I have looked for the natal thread and it I cant see it anymore so it looks like you have eventually got your way.... so I expect that in the future anything that you don't like you will simply kick up another childish fuss.

You disagree with the Admin on this board, that is plainly obvious as you have stated it and I remember you whining like a petulant child when I was a mod and we discussed things and you never got your own way then. The thing is Chas.... I joined this place because of its free speech policy. FSM and Hughsie uphold this because they can see in scales of grey (everybody's way) whilst you just see things in just black and white (your way).

They do more of a better job at admin on this forum that uphold the forum that I remember joining/original foundations then you could ever dream of (in my humble opinion)

Your a good contributor, but your also a fucking mard arse.

You are entitled to your opinion, such as it is. Please point out where I was whining.

The overwhelming majority of those who do give a fuck agree that that post did not belong in Science.
And it's still there.

This has nothing to do with free speech.