Voting on a god's wishes?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-10-2014, 05:38 AM
Voting on a god's wishes?
I find the Vatican voting on social issues a bunch of fucking bullshit. You consider the institution's long history of dragging it's feet on social equality and science for starters. Not to mention the absurd idea that an "all powerful" being needs humans to vote on his wishes.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-10-2014, 06:43 AM
RE: Voting on a god's wishes?
more important question, why can't their all powerful god just make his commands appear in the sky as glowing floating sentences ? is that really so hard ?

yet people have no problem with a bunch of imperfect humans voting on gods word................................. isn't this hypocritical.................... just like all of Christianity ?
Find all posts by this user
14-10-2014, 06:50 AM
Um lets not single out one god claim here. The reality is that all gods monotheistic and polytheistic are mere projections of humans desires.

I am picking on the Vatican not because it is the only institution that does this, but because it is doing it.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
14-10-2014, 06:51 AM
I also attack Buddhism too, not because they have a god, but because it is still a placebo humans invent to create groups.

[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
14-10-2014, 07:16 AM
I assumed they were doing it because they realize they're going to lose followers if they don't try to catch up one or two centuries in the near future.
14-10-2014, 07:23 AM
Being a former catholic I am glad to see the church finally moving into the 20th century.
[+] 3 users Like wazzel's post
14-10-2014, 07:33 AM
It seems ridiculous to us because we are outside of the cult. When you're in it, it seems normal because... tradition.

Why won't the sheep and the goats (depending on the religion) see it as absurd that other cults are differently interpreting the minds of their gods?

Simple... they have the wrong gods.

My god is the right god and the men (so often men) who interpret the new, latest wisdom do this for me because they care for me and are so much more wise than I.

Quote:Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions.

The solution to this opiate ... remove the conditions that make this acceptable ... poverty and ignorance.

Teach comparative religions, teach critical thinking and burn the poor.

Or something like that.

Dodgy

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
14-10-2014, 07:36 AM
(14-10-2014 07:23 AM)wazzel Wrote:  Being a former catholic I am glad to see the church finally moving into the 20th century.

[Image: resized_jesus-says-meme-generator-i-see-...3b814e.jpg]

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
14-10-2014, 07:46 AM
I think it is better they do it than not.

It will change the attitude towards gays among masses of people across the globe.

If something works to broaden some people's horizons, I am all for it. They will be one more step (albeit a small one) towards thinking along the right lines.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
14-10-2014, 12:49 PM
And let the backtracking begin......

We didn't really mean it….

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post