Voting on a god's wishes?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-10-2014, 12:59 PM
RE: Voting on a god's wishes?
(14-10-2014 12:49 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  And let the backtracking begin......

We didn't really mean it….

Dodgy

We all know the Church follows/interprets God's wishes inerrantly (unless of course there is backlash and tithings might plummet), God's wishes are funny in that way.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-10-2014, 01:27 PM
(14-10-2014 12:49 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  And let the backtracking begin......

We didn't really mean it….

Yep that's to be expected.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

14-10-2014, 02:25 PM
(14-10-2014 05:38 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  I find the Vatican voting on social issues a bunch of fucking bullshit. You consider the institution's long history of dragging it's feet on social equality and science for starters. Not to mention the absurd idea that an "all powerful" being needs humans to vote on his wishes.
Yup, and nothing expresses their own lack of confidence in the infallibility of the pope better than "let's take a vote".

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
14-10-2014, 02:27 PM
See, if they pretend they want input from the people then the people are silenced for a while because they think they actually matter to those in charge. They really don't want input, it's a ruse. Used by a lot of organizations.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?