Poll: How are you going to decide how to vote?
I think one of the candidates will make a good president
I am voting for the lesser evil
I am going to write Donald Duck in
There is no choice and I will not vote.
[Show Results]

Voting poll

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-07-2016, 05:31 AM
RE: Voting poll
I do not think either main candidate should be elected. If the polls are close just before the election I may hold my nose and vote for Clinton because although I think she's a horrible choice she isn't the loose cannon that Trump is. We're fucked if either of them wins but I expect we'd be majorly fucked under Trump and not quite as fucked under Clinton.

The debates should be interesting. I see much potential for drinking games.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2016, 05:42 AM
(01-07-2016 05:31 AM)unfogged Wrote:  I do not think either main candidate should be elected. If the polls are close just before the election I may hold my nose and vote for Clinton because although I think she's a horrible choice she isn't the loose cannon that Trump is. We're fucked if either of them wins but I expect we'd be majorly fucked under Trump and not quite as fucked under Clinton.

The debates should be interesting. I see much potential for drinking games.

A shot whenever somebody says "China".

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
01-07-2016, 06:59 AM
I put I'd write in Donald Duck, but couldn't really do that, probably stick to Mickey Mouse or for a female president I'd choose Minnie! Yeah, that's the ticket Vote for Minnie Mouse! Vote early and vote often. That is what I do. I am from Chicago. I always ask for two ballots!
01-07-2016, 07:55 AM
(30-06-2016 11:59 PM)morondog Wrote:  I think that of the available two choices, Hillary will be reasonably competent and not fuck stuff up too much, and she's already got a lot of experience in politics and is known and respected all over the world. I don't think she'll be a great president, but not terrible.

Trump is laughable.

Pretty much this.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
01-07-2016, 09:48 AM
Most of the people I know in this area want Trump or Johnson. My voting district will go to Trump. I'm voting Johsnon out of principle.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
01-07-2016, 10:01 AM
I don't vote as a matter of principle. I wouldn't vote in the US either.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
01-07-2016, 10:12 AM
Hmmm... I'm either not going to vote at all or I'll vote for a fictional character.

☆☆☆
01-07-2016, 10:14 AM
(01-07-2016 05:31 AM)unfogged Wrote:  ... We're fucked if either of them wins ...

This sentiment is widespread so my reply here is not picking on you personally but this sentiment is so hyperbolic as to be meaningless. WHAT specific negative things do you expect to happen to your life by the hand of either candidate in the next 4 years? Name ONE that will constitute a measurable personal negative that isn't just wild speculation or cynicism.
01-07-2016, 10:16 AM
I'm voting for the TrainWreck/popsthebuilder ticket.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
01-07-2016, 10:19 AM
(30-06-2016 10:33 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Voting for Bernie or Gary Johnson or that other war hero moron makes zero sense. What good is voting your conscience when you could be indirectly responsible for Trump getting elected?

If the polling is close here in Texas -- such that Clinton has a chance of winning the state -- then I will vote for her, in order to keep Trump out of the office. But if it isn't close (and it's not, right now, Trump has an 8-point lead here right now) the I damned sure will vote my conscience.

I think the two major parties need to get the message that they will be sent packing ... but the only way to send that message is to vote third-party.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post