W00t

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-10-2014, 09:26 AM
W00t
I return after a few years. I feel like staying, though I'm a little worried about how everyone is hostile and dismissive now, and people who don't fall in line get shouted off any thread.
Maybe I just need to find some of the people who were around back when I first signed up? :L

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Cetaceaphile's post
09-10-2014, 09:42 AM
RE: W00t
Welcome back! I wasn't a member here back then, but one can find that type of thing on any forum. Just walk to the beat of your own drum -- can't please everyone and there's no sense in trying. :-) Besides, differences of opinions make life interesting.

Look forward to your posts! Heart

Be true to yourself. Heart
09-10-2014, 09:43 AM
Welcome back. Don't shit on the carpets. Hughsie already does that enough. Smile
[+] 3 users Like Ferdinand's post
09-10-2014, 09:44 AM
I think its just been the onslaught of loonier and loonier trolls as of late.

as always, theists are welcome, but they have to be prepared to have their ideas challenged. Most are not prepared for that, loads of drive by 'you're going to hell'. It gets old and when it happens more frequently, people are less and less tolerant.

I would suggest that maybe others need to take a break from the trolls, but that would probably go over like a lead balloon. Some come here just to feast on them.

eh, whatever floats your boat.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 4 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
09-10-2014, 11:08 AM
(09-10-2014 09:26 AM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  I return after a few years. I feel like staying, though I'm a little worried about how everyone is hostile and dismissive now, and people who don't fall in line get shouted off any thread.
Maybe I just need to find some of the people who were around back when I first signed up? :L

Tell me about it. Dodgy

I refer to such jackasses as the 'Crusaders' informally, because they crusade to drive off anyone who dares not think exactly like they do.

Welcome back though. Smile

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
09-10-2014, 11:16 AM
(09-10-2014 09:26 AM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  I return after a few years. I feel like staying, though I'm a little worried about how everyone is hostile and dismissive now, and people who don't fall in line get shouted off any thread.

Just the idiots.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-10-2014, 11:49 AM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2014 12:25 PM by Cetaceaphile.)
**Post no longer relevant due to moved preceding posts**

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
09-10-2014, 11:50 AM
(09-10-2014 11:49 AM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  I'm sorry, I didn't know that being a returning member and posting an introduction went against the dogma of your website.

Returning members can post intros, hell anyone can if they want to. Smile

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
09-10-2014, 12:12 PM
(09-10-2014 11:49 AM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  I'm sorry, I didn't know that being a returning member and posting an introduction went against the dogma of your website.

Who's "you"?

Consider

... this is my signature!
09-10-2014, 12:14 PM

That was an introduction? Sounded more like an editorial.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user