WAR on Christmas (Brief history of Christmas)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-11-2012, 09:14 PM
RE: WAR on Christmas (Brief history of Christmas)
(20-11-2012 04:00 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(20-11-2012 02:26 PM)Egor Wrote:  This just disgusts me. I notice, as you're going on about Christmas not being Christian, you forget to break the word down Christ and Mass, meaning a Mass for Christ. It has no meaning outside of the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ. It doesn't matter what day it's held on.

You just drone on and in the end get your little kicks in "You only have one life," "Jesus didn't exist," ect. Why don't atheists just fuck off at Christmas time? Go to China or someplace.

The bottom line is that Jesus Christ has been the most important historical figure in the history of mankind, and we celebrate his birth on December 25th. If you got a problem with that go protest a plastic nativity scene somewhere, but quit acting like Christmas is not the birthday of Jesus Christ.

Lol. Quit acting like it is the birthday of Jesus Christ. Do you hold his birth certificate in you grubby little hands. Honestly, I thought you were better versed in the Bible and church history. IF there was an historic Yeshua bar Yosef, I don't know of one credible scholar who thinks he was born on December 25th. All indications from the descriptions of the shepherds in their fields and the timing of the Feast of Booths which was a messianic prophecy, a true Jesus would've been born in September.

"Christmas" was not a word until around the 4th century and since know one knew when Jesus was born, the Roman Church decided to appropriate an already celebrated pagan festival to represent a day to observe an arbitrarily made up birthday party for Jesus. Same thing with EVERY church festival that has been observed since about the 4th century. Even worship on Sunday does not come from the Bible. Constantine knew pagans were already worshiping their Sun God on Sunday so he made it a law that all worshipers of Jesus should now worship on Sunday instead of the Sabbath. It's called syncretism. Google it if you need more examples on how so-called Christian holidays were appropriated from pagans.

I'll wait here until you've got it figured out. Drinking Beverage
Erxomai: 1
Egor: 0

Christianity has turned you into a bit of cunt there Egor.
Perhaps you should go back to being religiously confused, at least you were somewhat of a tolerable person who at least tried to think outside the brainwashing.

Oh well, you win some you lose others. Drinking Beverage

As for Christmas, fuck Christmas.
Christmas for me has always been the "family" holiday. Dragged around the country in the back of a car for hours on end to visit old people I don't particularly like only to drive back for hours on end in the same day.

Birthdays are where it's at sons.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-11-2012, 02:39 AM
(20-11-2012 09:14 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(20-11-2012 04:00 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Lol. Quit acting like it is the birthday of Jesus Christ. Do you hold his birth certificate in you grubby little hands. Honestly, I thought you were better versed in the Bible and church history. IF there was an historic Yeshua bar Yosef, I don't know of one credible scholar who thinks he was born on December 25th. All indications from the descriptions of the shepherds in their fields and the timing of the Feast of Booths which was a messianic prophecy, a true Jesus would've been born in September.

"Christmas" was not a word until around the 4th century and since know one knew when Jesus was born, the Roman Church decided to appropriate an already celebrated pagan festival to represent a day to observe an arbitrarily made up birthday party for Jesus. Same thing with EVERY church festival that has been observed since about the 4th century. Even worship on Sunday does not come from the Bible. Constantine knew pagans were already worshiping their Sun God on Sunday so he made it a law that all worshipers of Jesus should now worship on Sunday instead of the Sabbath. It's called syncretism. Google it if you need more examples on how so-called Christian holidays were appropriated from pagans.

I'll wait here until you've got it figured out. Drinking Beverage
Erxomai: 1
Egor: 0

Christianity has turned you into a bit of cunt there Egor.
Perhaps you should go back to being religiously confused, at least you were somewhat of a tolerable person who at least tried to think outside the brainwashing.

Oh well, you win some you lose others. Drinking Beverage

As for Christmas, fuck Christmas.
Christmas for me has always been the "family" holiday. Dragged around the country in the back of a car for hours on end to visit old people I don't particularly like only to drive back for hours on end in the same day.

Birthdays are where it's at sons.

Dude, you need your own digs so you can HOST your own. That's where it's at, Jack.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post
21-11-2012, 02:40 AM
(20-11-2012 08:34 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Should I bring eggnog, or are we going to skip straight to the hard stuff?

Since when is eggnog NOT the hard stuff? What eggnog you been drinking?

21-11-2012, 02:41 AM
Egor, if I bring a Christmas Gumbo will it make everything all right again?

[+] 2 users Like Cardinal Smurf's post
21-11-2012, 08:07 AM
(21-11-2012 02:40 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(20-11-2012 08:34 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Should I bring eggnog, or are we going to skip straight to the hard stuff?

Since when is eggnog NOT the hard stuff? What eggnog you been drinking?

By hard stuff, I mean freebase cocaine.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post
21-11-2012, 12:57 PM
(20-11-2012 02:26 PM)Egor Wrote:  This just disgusts me. I notice, as you're going on about Christmas not being Christian, you forget to break the word down Christ and Mass, meaning a Mass for Christ. It has no meaning outside of the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ. It doesn't matter what day it's held on.

You just drone on and in the end get your little kicks in "You only have one life," "Jesus didn't exist," ect. Why don't atheists just fuck off at Christmas time? Go to China or someplace.

The bottom line is that Jesus Christ has been the most important historical figure in the history of mankind, and we celebrate his birth on December 25th. If you got a problem with that go protest a plastic nativity scene somewhere, but quit acting like Christmas is not the birthday of Jesus Christ.
OK, we'll all fuck off for christmas, if you lot will give us 12 days of leaving us the fuck alone. You all dont have to go to china, but leave folks to live their own lives without you lot crying all the damn time.

Sounds like a sweet deal to me.

Legal Disclaimer: I am right, I reserve the right to be wrong without notice, opinions may change, your statutory rights are not affected, opinions expressed are not my own and are an approximation for the sake of communication.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-11-2012, 02:44 PM (This post was last modified: 21-11-2012 02:57 PM by kingschosen.)
Exry, what I think Egor was getting at is that December 25th is the day that was assigned to celebrate Jesus' birth; not that it was literally the day that Jesus was born.

But, "Christmas" is literally a holiday created to celebrate Jesus' birth. As time went on and as Christianity spread, it was absorbed into other cultures and other holidays. This gumbo of tradition formed the modern traditions of what we know as Christmas.

Still... can't get away from it... Christmas is a celebration of Jesus' birth... yes, it hijacked pagan holidays, but that doesn't discount the original creation.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
21-11-2012, 04:20 PM
(21-11-2012 02:44 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Exry, what I think Egor was getting at is that December 25th is the day that was assigned to celebrate Jesus' birth; not that it was literally the day that Jesus was born.

But, "Christmas" is literally a holiday created to celebrate Jesus' birth. As time went on and as Christianity spread, it was absorbed into other cultures and other holidays. This gumbo of tradition formed the modern traditions of what we know as Christmas.

Still... can't get away from it... Christmas is a celebration of Jesus' birth... yes, it hijacked pagan holidays, but that doesn't discount the original creation.

And today it has been hijacked in turn...mostly.

[+] 2 users Like Cardinal Smurf's post