WAY TO TAKE ADVANTAGE

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-12-2012, 11:44 PM
RE: WAY TO TAKE ADVANTAGE
(16-12-2012 02:39 PM)Janus Wrote:  
(16-12-2012 12:32 PM)crippledatheist Wrote:  I understand why, but it still bothers me that a huge tragedy like the two that happened, one in the US and the one in China, and every religious person in the world takes advantage of it to try and stuff god down everyone's throat, fill up their churches, and blame Atheists. Why is it that they just try and let people grieve and offer assistance instead of Lazy prayer. We need to help every person that was affected by this, whether it is with counseling, funeral costs, or anything else we can do. Moving hands are better than praying lips remember that.

And you are not taking advantage to preach your atheist sermon? Aren't you the pot calling the kettle black?
Tu quoque ([Image: 11px-Loudspeaker.svg.png] /tˈkwkw/),[1] (Latin for "you, too" or "you, also") or the appeal to hypocrisy, is a logical fallacy that attempts to discredit the opponent's position by asserting the opponent's failure to act consistently in accordance with that position; it attempts to show that a criticism or objection applies equally to the person making it. This dismisses someone's point of view based on criticism of the person's inconsistency, and not the position presented,[2] whereas a person's inconsistency should not discredit their position. Thus, it is a form of the ad hominem argument.[3] To clarify, although the person being attacked might indeed be acting inconsistently or hypocritically, this does not invalidate their argument.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
16-12-2012, 11:59 PM
(16-12-2012 09:53 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  the christian public seem to have this idea or prejudice that anybody christian is truthful, honest, and generally moral.

And that anybody who's not christian is not.

For 'christian' insert 'muslim' or 'jewish' or 'republican' or 'zionist' or... 'atheist', as convenient.
Find all posts by this user
17-12-2012, 12:35 AM
I wont sit here and say that other religions or even Atheists arnt taking advantage when they are, I for one am not, im saying that instead of taking religion and throwing it at this tragedy is wrong whether your taking the theistic side or the secular side. As far as which religion is taking advantage, its all of them. But I have seen 10 times the posts from churches, priests, and of course the infamous westboro"god hates fags" church taking the opportunity to fill their pews and filling their tithing bowls to "help" these victims. My main point of this is simply to stop praying and start helping. Maybe we can help and make a barrier between the HATE church westboro and the funeral, or help the families with funeral costs.

"IT'S CALLED FAITH BECAUSE IT'S NOT KNOWLEDGE"-Christopher Hitchens
17-12-2012, 12:40 AM
(17-12-2012 12:35 AM)crippledatheist Wrote:  I wont sit here and say that other religions or even Atheists arnt taking advantage when they are, I for one am not, im saying that instead of taking religion and throwing it at this tragedy is wrong whether your taking the theistic side or the secular side. As far as which religion is taking advantage, its all of them. But I have seen 10 times the posts from churches, priests, and of course the infamous westboro"god hates fags" church taking the opportunity to fill their pews and filling their tithing bowls to "help" these victims. My main point of this is simply to stop praying and start helping. Maybe we can help and make a barrier between the HATE church westboro and the funeral, or help the families with funeral costs.

Psh. We all know the kids in that school were either fags or fag-enablers. Go wanted them dead.
(I laughed at first, but then I realized that it's probably EXACTLY what the WBC is thinking...)

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
17-12-2012, 12:43 AM
(17-12-2012 12:40 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(17-12-2012 12:35 AM)crippledatheist Wrote:  I wont sit here and say that other religions or even Atheists arnt taking advantage when they are, I for one am not, im saying that instead of taking religion and throwing it at this tragedy is wrong whether your taking the theistic side or the secular side. As far as which religion is taking advantage, its all of them. But I have seen 10 times the posts from churches, priests, and of course the infamous westboro"god hates fags" church taking the opportunity to fill their pews and filling their tithing bowls to "help" these victims. My main point of this is simply to stop praying and start helping. Maybe we can help and make a barrier between the HATE church westboro and the funeral, or help the families with funeral costs.

Psh. We all know the kids in that school were either fags or fag-enablers. Go wanted them dead.
(I laughed at first, but then I realized that it's probably EXACTLY what the WBC is thinking...)
Once I found out about WBC I was appalled and thats what made me finally post about this.

"IT'S CALLED FAITH BECAUSE IT'S NOT KNOWLEDGE"-Christopher Hitchens
17-12-2012, 02:33 AM

17-12-2012, 10:23 AM
The Westboro Baptist Church has the weakest god of them all. It's easily the sorriest god of the whole pantheon. Just look at the pathetic size of the WBC flock. If that's all He can manage He ain't much of a god, is he? Let alone 'God' with a capital G. He's more like a wannabe God who can't get His act together.

Big Grin Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Shocked Poor countries have an advantage: religion! RobbyPants 20 357 29-01-2014 08:08 PM
Last Post: houseofcantor
  Are we conning ourselves by not taking advantage of the brain dead masses? TheLogicalAthiest 6 437 13-11-2013 04:45 PM
Last Post: Elesjei
  taking advantage filipinoatheist 7 673 27-05-2010 05:08 AM
Last Post: supermanlives1973