WBC Fred Phelps 'on the edge of death'

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-03-2014, 08:09 AM
RE: WBC Fred Phelps 'on the edge of death'
My understanding was a lot of their shenanigans was just to make money. Fred was a lawyer, and everything they do is just inside the law. They make their money by pissing people off, getting punched in the face, and suing.

If people start ignoring them and stop punching them in the face, they'll stop making money, and they'll likely shut up and go away.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-03-2014, 08:10 AM
(17-03-2014 08:04 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(17-03-2014 05:22 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I get the distinct feeling that anyone not already affiliated with the Westboro Baptist, has issues with the Westboro Baptists. I mean they pretty much alienated the entirety of the Bible Belt by pissing all over Jesus-lovin'-gun-totin'-freedom-protectin' soldiers and their funerals.

Our daughter was in charge of a funeral color guard unit for almost a year during her 10 yrs at Ft Story. She was folding flags to perfection when those Westboro assholes attacked military funerals over and over and over.....week after week after week. Absolutely THE most pathetic thing I've ever seen a religious sect do and I've been picketed myself several times in the past.
A friend and I ran a Facebook page getting out the word of military funerals nationwide urging supporters to get out and forum a human-chain to block WB from families in grief.

yes........... I have issues.

I finally handed the page and *work* over to some other friends. Dealing with them proved so stressful I just wanted to get into my car and go scream on the steps of our nation's capitol. So I had to "lay it down". I was too involved and emotive to continue.

When they came to a town near me to protest a military funeral, my cousin organized a bunch of people that have those huge speakers in their car. They parked right next to WBC and blasted the soldier's favorite songs with the speakers facing the protesters.

The cops didn't seem to notice the noise violations that day. Thumbsup

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 4 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
17-03-2014, 08:31 AM
(17-03-2014 07:57 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  I envision about 1,000 motorcycles roaring up to his funeral backed by literally thousands of people holding signs that read

[Image: good-riddance_zpsa6fde750.jpg]

Hey.......a girl can dream right?

I wouldnt put it past the brothers (not PGR tho) to do something to that effect, however I think that these WBC asshats are so imune to the hate they recieve, that it wouldnt even faze them in the least, and they would also look at it as an opportunity to sue someone for what it is that they've been trying to do all along.

Maybe the rest of the bunch will drink the Koolaide when the old asshole kicks the bucket. (Hey.... a guy can dream too) Wink

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post
17-03-2014, 08:39 AM
Can't say I'm sad to see him go. The mean streak in me wants to throw back all the hate and hurt he's caused. The nicer side of me says that ignoring him, his family, and not protesting his funeral is more than enough kindness.

With that being said, I'm sure there will be plenty of people at his funeral letting his family know how it feels to have grieving interrupted.

The religion of one age, is the literary entertainment of the next.
17-03-2014, 07:14 PM
I want to see a gay pride march at his funeral...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Sam's post
17-03-2014, 07:16 PM
[Image: 642767.gif&size=400x1000]

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
[+] 1 user Likes Crulax's post
17-03-2014, 07:28 PM
Man, we better start decorating our signs, making our rainbow costumes and finding some glitter! This will be one fine funeral-crash!

Though in all honestly, I wonder if they'll try to have a secret sort of funeral service or just like take the body and bury it themselves. Like in their back yard or by their church or something. I can't imagine it going well with them trying to hire someone to protect their funeral. Not that they would. Probably would try to sue the crowd that came to picket their funeral.

[Image: notagain.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Miss Suzanne's post
17-03-2014, 08:39 PM (This post was last modified: 17-03-2014 09:03 PM by Anjele.)
I think everyone should just ignore his funeral. His family/followers aren't rational enough to see what was really going on if his service was picketed.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
17-03-2014, 09:01 PM
(17-03-2014 08:39 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I think everyone should just ignore his funeral. His family/followers aren't rational enough to see what was really going on it his service was picketed.
Come with picket posters of Fred in uncompromising attire, dressed in Drag and bikini's and the like.
God Hates Phelps!
Make sure there is lots of laughing!

Ding dong the witch is dead!

Piss on his grave.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
17-03-2014, 10:16 PM
So hey, anybody remember when WBC picketed the premiere of that Kevin Smith movie Red State? So they decided to do a counter-protest for the free publicity (also, Smith's brother is gay).

[Image: tumblr_lfj2dn6q7C1qfh9wko1_500.jpg]

[Image: god-hates-press-screenings.jpg]

[Image: KevinSmith_protest.gif]

[Image: 24_kevinsmith_560x375.jpg]

[Image: kevinsmith3.jpg]

Good times. Thumbsup

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post