WHAT ABOUT SATAN? he had free will

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-01-2014, 01:28 PM
WHAT ABOUT SATAN? he had free will
Satan had free will and chose to rebel against god. Satan knew god, saw god, talked with god, and worked for god. He even made bets with god on torturing poor old Job! Why do christians say that if god showed himself people wouldnt have free will??
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like truthBtold's post
15-01-2014, 01:57 PM
RE: WHAT ABOUT SATAN? he had free will
(15-01-2014 01:28 PM)truthBtold Wrote:  Satan had free will and chose to rebel against god. Satan knew god, saw god, talked with god, and worked for god. He even made bets with god on torturing poor old Job! Why do christians say that if god showed himself people wouldnt have free will??

Thus confirming my decision to be self employed! NOBODY likes the boss Big Grin

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
[+] 1 user Likes Monster_Riffs's post
15-01-2014, 02:00 PM
(15-01-2014 01:28 PM)truthBtold Wrote:  Why do christians say that if god showed himself people wouldnt have free will??

I've never heard that before.

Oh yeah... almost forgot... anyone seen my dead horse gif?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
15-01-2014, 02:00 PM
I think that argument is about our ability (or lack thereof) to choose between belief and non-belief (i.e. we wouldn't be able to make a choice if God was to reveal himself). Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
15-01-2014, 02:02 PM
(15-01-2014 01:57 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  
(15-01-2014 01:28 PM)truthBtold Wrote:  Satan had free will and chose to rebel against god. Satan knew god, saw god, talked with god, and worked for god. He even made bets with god on torturing poor old Job! Why do christians say that if god showed himself people wouldnt have free will??

Thus confirming my decision to be self employed! NOBODY likes the boss Big Grin

I like my boss... she's a nice lady that gave me a job when no one else would and continues to push me to get a better education and get a better job to improve my life

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 3 users Like Im_Ryan's post
15-01-2014, 02:13 PM
(15-01-2014 02:02 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(15-01-2014 01:57 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  Thus confirming my decision to be self employed! NOBODY likes the boss Big Grin

I like my boss... she's a nice lady that gave me a job when no one else would and continues to push me to get a better education and get a better job to improve my life

I was just joking mate. Admittedly, a shit joke, but a joke none the less ... I've been told before I belong on a stage ... sweeping it Big Grin

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
[+] 1 user Likes Monster_Riffs's post
15-01-2014, 02:20 PM
(15-01-2014 02:00 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I think that argument is about our ability (or lack thereof) to choose between belief and non-belief (i.e. we wouldn't be able to make a choice if God was to reveal himself). Consider

He revealed himself to satan.. satan mad a choice..
15-01-2014, 02:23 PM
Satan is a made up word...Lucifer was an angel and very close to god....his right hand man so to speak, but, then he didn't agree with god on some issues so god had him expelled. Satan, the Devil, and the images of them were, over the years, made up to appear evil to scare kids, especially, into doing what the "church" said or the "Devil" would get them. Other angels had been expelled, but, they weren't important so they didn't get the "press" Lucifer did.
This of course, being told by the Bible, which I don't believe in, just makes it that much more moronic. So saying that Satan has free will is like saying Bugs Bunny has free will.Laughat

Please remember the Native American Indians Heart
[+] 2 users Like justauntb's post
15-01-2014, 02:39 PM
(15-01-2014 02:13 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  
(15-01-2014 02:02 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  I like my boss... she's a nice lady that gave me a job when no one else would and continues to push me to get a better education and get a better job to improve my life

I was just joking mate. Admittedly, a shit joke, but a joke none the less ... I've been told before I belong on a stage ... sweeping it Big Grin

Now that's a better joke Laugh out load

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 2 users Like Im_Ryan's post
15-01-2014, 02:46 PM
(15-01-2014 02:23 PM)justauntb Wrote:  Satan is a made up word...Lucifer was an angel and very close to god....his right hand man so to speak, but, then he didn't agree with god on some issues so god had him expelled. Satan, the Devil, and the images of them were, over the years, made up to appear evil to scare kids, especially, into doing what the "church" said or the "Devil" would get them. Other angels had been expelled, but, they weren't important so they didn't get the "press" Lucifer did.
This of course, being told by the Bible, which I don't believe in, just makes it that much more moronic. So saying that Satan has free will is like saying Bugs Bunny has free will.Laughat

As I recall, the "fall" of The Deceiver (Satan), and his expulsion from heaven, appears nowhere in the Bible. The angels were messengers of El Elyon, (Babylonian) I think. Which is why most of them have "EL" appended to their names. Micha-EL, Rapha-EL, Gabri-EL, Ari-EL.
The concept of "will" is long outdated. In 2014 it no longer has any meaningful content in light of the discoveries of Neuro-science.

See post #15 for MORE than you ever thought you would want to know about angels. Tongue Here : http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ist?page=2

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche