WHAT ABOUT SATAN? he had free will

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-01-2014, 03:32 PM
RE: WHAT ABOUT SATAN? he had free will
(15-01-2014 01:28 PM)truthBtold Wrote:  Why do christians say that if god showed himself people wouldnt have free will??

I've never heard this, before. Is this just anecdotal, or have you run into this online/on TV?

(15-01-2014 02:23 PM)justauntb Wrote:  Satan is a made up word...Lucifer was an angel and very close to god....his right hand man so to speak, but, then he didn't agree with god on some issues so god had him expelled.

Actually, "satan" means accuser or adversary, and in the ancient Hebrew is used as such. In Job, he's referred to as the satan, so it's actually more of a title. It's quite likely this was an agent working, in some regard, for God. The idea of an evil entity known as Satan didn't come along until pretty close to the New Testament.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
15-01-2014, 03:36 PM
(15-01-2014 01:28 PM)truthBtold Wrote:  Satan had free will and chose to rebel against god. Satan knew god, saw god, talked with god, and worked for god. He even made bets with god on torturing poor old Job! Why do christians say that if god showed himself people wouldnt have free will??

they are wrong.

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
(15-01-2014 03:32 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(15-01-2014 01:28 PM)truthBtold Wrote:  Why do christians say that if god showed himself people wouldnt have free will??

I've never heard this, before. Is this just anecdotal, or have you run into this online/on TV?

(15-01-2014 02:23 PM)justauntb Wrote:  Satan is a made up word...Lucifer was an angel and very close to god....his right hand man so to speak, but, then he didn't agree with god on some issues so god had him expelled.

Actually, "satan" means accuser or adversary, and in the ancient Hebrew is used as such. In Job, he's referred to as the satan, so it's actually more of a title. It's quite likely this was an agent working, in some regard, for God. The idea of an evil entity known as Satan didn't come along until pretty close to the New Testament.

Christians that I know have said this.
(15-01-2014 02:20 PM)truthBtold Wrote:  
(15-01-2014 02:00 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I think that argument is about our ability (or lack thereof) to choose between belief and non-belief (i.e. we wouldn't be able to make a choice if God was to reveal himself). Consider

He revealed himself to satan.. satan mad a choice..

Yeah, we saying it sounds like a false dilemma.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
15-01-2014, 03:37 PM
(15-01-2014 03:36 PM)truthBtold Wrote:  Christians that I know have said this.

Well, I've never heard a Christian say it.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
15-01-2014, 03:48 PM
(15-01-2014 03:37 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(15-01-2014 03:36 PM)truthBtold Wrote:  Christians that I know have said this.

Well, I've never heard a Christian say it.

44 thousand different varieties of christians and u never heard that before? Do u live in Sweden? Ha!
[+] 1 user Likes truthBtold's post
15-01-2014, 03:52 PM
(15-01-2014 03:48 PM)truthBtold Wrote:  
(15-01-2014 03:37 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Well, I've never heard a Christian say it.

44 thousand different varieties of christians and u never heard that before? Do u live in Sweden? Ha!

No. He lives in a swamp.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
15-01-2014, 04:11 PM
(15-01-2014 01:28 PM)truthBtold Wrote:  Satan had free will and chose to rebel against god. Satan knew god, saw god, talked with god, and worked for god. He even made bets with god on torturing poor old Job!

A christian will argue that god kicked him out.... probably.

Quote: Why do christians say that if god showed himself people wouldnt have free will??

Because disobeying the Führer is something that those who obey the Führer often dont even grasp.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
15-01-2014, 09:05 PM
(15-01-2014 01:28 PM)truthBtold Wrote:  Satan had free will and chose to rebel against god. Satan knew god, saw god, talked with god, and worked for god. He even made bets with god on torturing poor old Job! Why do christians say that if god showed himself people wouldnt have free will??

Rather than dedicate a thread to each rhetorical question on a tired old topic can you confine your posts to one thread? You aren't sharing anything new with the forum and you aren't really seeking discussion, you are like a graffitist.

You speak in vague generalities and you provide no references to actual apologetic arguments. "Why do christians say..." (sic). Which Christians? Taking something as doctrine or apologetics just because some Christian told you something is cheap and opportunistic. Most of the people of any organised religion have no idea about apologetics or even of the theology associated with their faith. If you were serious you would seek out the arguments of apologists and critique those.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chippy's post
15-01-2014, 09:21 PM
(15-01-2014 09:05 PM)Chippy Wrote:  

Rather than dedicate a thread to each rhetorical question on a tired old topic can you confine your posts to one thread?
Uuh no.... u dont like? I Dont care!!..
You aren't sharing anything new with the forum and you aren't really seeking discussion, you are like a graffitist.
I HEAR SOME ONES MAMMA CALLING!!
You speak in vague generalities and you provide no references to actual apologetic arguments.
Apologetics are loooosers!!!
"Why do christians say..." (sic). Which Christians? Taking something as doctrine or apologetics just because some Christian told you something is cheap and opportunistic.
U might be a closet.....uuhhh..
Most of the people of any organised religion have no idea about apologetics or even of the theology associated with their faith.
Cause they dont read a book..
If you were serious you would seek out the arguments of apologists and critique those.

hey heres a tip for u... dont eat yellow snow.!! Bye bye.. .