WHAT ABOUT SATAN? he had free will

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-01-2014, 03:04 AM
RE: WHAT ABOUT SATAN? he had free will
(16-01-2014 01:37 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  I learned all I needed to know about angels by watching The Prophecy.

I learned all I needed to know about angels by watching High School DxD[1].

[1] http://highschooldxd.wikia.com/wiki/Angel

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-01-2014, 08:16 AM
Re: WHAT ABOUT SATAN? he had free will
I learned all I need to know about this by reading Milton. It's all contorted mythos but at least that one is done so interestingly.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
16-01-2014, 10:24 AM
(16-01-2014 03:04 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  
(16-01-2014 01:37 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  I learned all I needed to know about angels by watching The Prophecy.

I learned all I needed to know about angels by watching High School DxD[1].

[1] http://highschooldxd.wikia.com/wiki/Angel

Got me thinking of this...

[Image: monster_manual.jpg]

and of course this

[Image: Deities_%26_Demigods_(front_cover,_first_edition).jpg]

that about covers it.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
16-01-2014, 01:34 PM
[quote='Bucky Ball' pid='467482' dateline='1389818765']
[quote='justauntb' pid='467448' dateline='1389817408']

As I recall, the "fall" of The Deceiver (Satan), and his expulsion from heaven, appears nowhere in the Bible.

Try Isaiah 14:12

Please remember the Native American Indians Heart
16-01-2014, 01:42 PM
(16-01-2014 01:33 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(16-01-2014 01:29 AM)Chippy Wrote:  Study of insects?

Wrong word, I meant Etymology.

Thats ok we forgive u.. brain farts happen. Gasx will help
16-01-2014, 01:48 PM
(16-01-2014 01:34 PM)justauntb Wrote:  [quote='Bucky Ball' pid='467482' dateline='1389818765']
[quote='justauntb' pid='467448' dateline='1389817408']

As I recall, the "fall" of The Deceiver (Satan), and his expulsion from heaven, appears nowhere in the Bible.

Well in fairness to Bucky, the Hebrew doesn't translate it that way.

Satan was later attached to the connotation, IIRC.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
16-01-2014, 01:56 PM (This post was last modified: 16-01-2014 02:01 PM by Bucky Ball.)
see below .. double post .. the debil made me do it .. Bucky, he should know his debils. He's possessed by one, (so he's told).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
16-01-2014, 01:58 PM (This post was last modified: 16-01-2014 03:00 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(16-01-2014 01:34 PM)justauntb Wrote:  As I recall, the "fall" of The Deceiver (Satan), and his expulsion from heaven, appears nowhere in the Bible.

Seriously. You have GOT to be kidding.
There is NO "story" (narrative) about a rebellious angel being booted from heaven. Also,

Isaiah 14:12 (which you would KNOW if you ever bothered to read it IN CONTEXT), is part of a long "taunt" to the BABYLONIANS, (wishful thinking, .... which BTW NEVER happened), that when their deity brought them back, the captors would be their slaves.

"How have you fallen from the heavens, O Morning Star, son of the dawn. How are you cut down to the ground, you who mowed down the nations."

So :
1. It in NO WAY refers to a "devil". 2. It does not say or attempt to refer to a devil or evil angelic power. 3. It specifically DOES attempt to refer poetically to the political power which conquered Israel. 4. The wishful thinking expressed in the poetry never came about. 5. The devil's name is NEVER "Morning Star". 6. The devil is NEVER referred to as "son of the dawn".

There are some who attempt to claim this as a title of Satan, but clearly in context, it makes no sense. None AT ALL. Also Jebus is said to be referred to by the same set of words "ante luciferum, genuite", in the Latin "before the daystar I have begotten you", (which is where "Lucifer" .. in error, BTW ...comes from).

http://www.acts17-11.com/dialogs_morningstar.html

I actually first became aware of this Latin translation of the phrase, (which is extraordinarily poetic sounding in Latin), as it appears in the Roman (Ca) liturgy for Christmas night and Christmas day, and there are some seriously amazing compositions by famous composers of these Mass "propers" .. as they are called .. ). Until I encountered Fundamentalism, I had no clue that this line was used to justify the *extra-biblical* notion of fallen debils.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
16-01-2014, 02:39 PM
(16-01-2014 01:58 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(16-01-2014 01:34 PM)justauntb Wrote:  As I recall, the "fall" of The Deceiver (Satan), and his expulsion from heaven, appears nowhere in the Bible.

Seriously. You have GOT to be kidding.
There is NO "story" (narrative) about a rebellious angel being booted from heaven. Also,

Isaiah 14:12 (which you would KNOW if you ever bothered to read it IN CONTEXT), is part of a long "taunt" to the BABYLONIANS, (wishful thinking, .... which BTW NEVER happened), that when their deity brought them back, the captors would be their slaves.

"How have you fallen from the heavens, O Morning Star, son of the dawn. How are you cut down to the ground, you who mowed down the nations.

So.

1. It in NO WAY refers to a "devil". 2. It does not say or attempt to refer to a devil or evil angelic power. 3. It specifically DOES attempt to refer poetically to the political power which conquered Israel. 4. The wishful thinking expressed in the poetry never came about. 5. The devil's name is NEVER "Morning Star". 6. The devil is NEVER referred to as "son of the dawn".

There are some who attempt to claim this as a title of Satan, but clearly in context, it makes no sense. None AT ALL. Also Jebus is said to be referred to by the same set of words "ante luciferum, genuite", in the Latin "before the daystar I have begotten thee", (which is where "Lucifer" comes from).

http://www.acts17-11.com/dialogs_morningstar.html

You get an "F' for today's Babble Study.
Shame on you.

NICELY DONE.. Hey why do I get HEAT when I use CAPS??
16-01-2014, 02:42 PM
(16-01-2014 02:39 PM)truthBtold Wrote:  NICELY DONE.. Hey why do I get HEAT when I use CAPS??

Because it's annoying.

Plus, you use it arbitrarily.

Capping a word is meant to emphasize that word.

You just randomly cap stuff.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post