WHAT I IF TOLD YOU!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-11-2015, 03:48 AM
RE: WHAT I IF TOLD YOU!
(17-11-2015 03:04 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(17-11-2015 03:02 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Don't know if it's because I am tired and/or blind but I thought that was real at first.

Naaa I just have mad photoshop skilzz. (See I used zz that's how you know it's true.)

Same

[Image: Fez_Geroge.jpg]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
17-11-2015, 03:49 AM
(17-11-2015 03:48 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(17-11-2015 03:04 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  Naaa I just have mad photoshop skilzz. (See I used zz that's how you know it's true.)

Same

[Image: Fez_Geroge.jpg]
(^_^)
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
17-11-2015, 04:35 AM
(16-11-2015 10:25 PM)izel Wrote:  That you never fucking pay attention... How typical... I misspelled the title to test how much you all pay attention and admit it, you failed me... Laugh out load
You brat! Smile Grrr...

Quote:On a serious note. I am seriously considering quitting school and pursuing my career in the hospitality industry. This shit is killing me. After all night being on my feet, I now need to go to school. I have no time for my self. The fun level has literally hit ZERO... I don't know if its a wise thing to do Consider

On one hand I love my job, its an awesome gig, its like a lifetime of free vacation Cool

On the other hand, I come from a highly educated family, I do not want to be the only one not finishing college Gasp

any advice????????

Good morning to some of you, good night to most. I'm off to school... HeartHeartHeart

I vote for school anyway. If you're an intelligent person (and you certainly come across that way) then... school is good. Satisfy your intellect. Otherwise... picture say 5-10 years time - time passes quickly, sad to say - will you be happy rising to a position in management and not going further? Just plugging away at similar jobs to what you do now? Not having people to chat with about deep stuff?

I mean hey, you love your job and you know your life best, so there's no right answer except the one you choose for yourself.

If you're struggling for both school and the job, maybe you could arrange things differently? Work part-time? Work a less demanding role?

The one thing that you shouldn't do is worry about what the family will think of you Wink

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
17-11-2015, 04:46 AM
I don't think school has to be a slam dunk for everyone. Here's how I see it: If what you are doing now is something you could either do as a career, or its preparing you for one, then sure, forget school. I'm not sure what it is you're doing in the hospitality industry, but are there many people who spend their lives doing it? Does it pay well enough for you to live the lifestyle you desire? Do you think the lifestyle you're living will appeal to you in five years? What about twenty?

You can't base your life decisions on factors like being the only person in your family without a college education. There's way too many factors that are WAY more important to consider. Make an old fashioned "pros & cons" list. (And do it on paper. It's therapeutic) I think that may help you with long term perspective.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
17-11-2015, 05:23 AM (This post was last modified: 17-11-2015 05:32 AM by izel.)
I was too tired this morning to go through the details. I study medicine and, its not something that I wanted. It was chosen for me, simply because it is a family business.

I don't want to do something I have no passion for. It's not a matter of grades, social issues, money or anything of that sort. I just can't seem to get myself interested at all. I know that eventually everything needs an effort to be done, but I have a lot of interests outside my field.

I'm considering getting an mba degree, and move up the ranks at the hotel I work.
Right now I don't have a impressive career per say, but I like what I do. I spend most of my time interacting with people form all over the world, I very much enjoy it. The way things work here, if you've been there long enough, you know the area, you know the industry, you automatically move up the ranks. No one gives a shit about a paper in this country. But, that doesn't mean I'm not going to have it Smile

I'm one of the lucky ones to get in this hotel, I got in through someone I know and, if I cut my hours, which I can in winter but comes summer, we get very busy sooo, that may not work with the management No

On the other hand if I leave school I will be wasting 2 years of my time and money by walking away without a diploma.

I have a lot to think about Consider

Now:
Nishi Karano Kaze Love the fez Smile so sexy Laugh out load
JDog554 How did you find the picture of my grandpa?
morondog Sorry Laugh out load that's how women works, always be ware Dodgy
Bucky Ball Can't think that way, something can go wrong regardless Smile
WillHopp You talking shit? Smile English is not my language I'm still learning Laugh out load
Banjo I managed to read it No
Erxomai I would love to. Only if we can convince Jenny to join me Laugh out load
Thadd You the weird eyes from Adam Sandler movie, you know, the one
Quote:School is for fools, look at me
Laugh out load

I Heart you all Wink
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like izel's post
17-11-2015, 05:31 AM
(16-11-2015 10:25 PM)izel Wrote:  That you never fucking pay attention... How typical... I misspelled the title to test how much you all pay attention and admit it, you failed me... Laugh out load

On a serious note. I am seriously considering quitting school and pursuing my career in the hospitality industry. This shit is killing me. After all night being on my feet, I now need to go to school. I have no time for my self. The fun level has literally hit ZERO... I don't know if its a wise thing to do Consider

On one hand I love my job, its an awesome gig, its like a lifetime of free vacation Cool

On the other hand, I come from a highly educated family, I do not want to be the only one not finishing college Gasp

any advice????????

Good morning to some of you, good night to most. I'm off to school... HeartHeartHeart

If you don't feel that you can hack college and working at the same time, no one is forcing you to. However, it's best to weigh the expected outcomes carefully before you make that kind of decision. Maybe talk to some people who have the kind of careers that you want and ask them about degrees and school and whether lacking a degree is a problem?

There is never going to be a time when you can go back to school and have it be stress-free and easy. So: say you quit school now and you up the level of fun in your life by 25%-50% immediately. That's great, but then in five years when you're competing with a degreed kid for a next-level position and your experience gets passed over in favor of the kid's credentials, the fun level may go down. It really does depend to a large extent on your intended career field; some are more credential-obsessed than others.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
17-11-2015, 05:43 AM
Then I think you should finish school, but do something other than medicine. Something that interests you and something that makes money, so not arts and stuff.
I don't get it how anyone can choose your study for you. I mean I get that it does happen, but for the life of me, I can't figure out why someone that isn't you should even try to make your choice for you, when in the end, it'll effect you.

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
[+] 1 user Likes Lightvader's post
17-11-2015, 05:57 AM
(17-11-2015 05:43 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  Then I think you should finish school, but do something other than medicine. Something that interests you and something that makes money, so not arts and stuff.
I don't get it how anyone can choose your study for you. I mean I get that it does happen, but for the life of me, I can't figure out why someone that isn't you should even try to make your choice for you, when in the end, it'll effect you.

That's how our culture is. they decide your entire life. It gets worse then my case around here, my parents are not very strict. Not to blame them fully, I also thought that is what I need to do, later when I wanted to move out my parents house a friend hooked me up with this job and it was a love at first sight for me. I was always shy and not very good with interacting with people so I thought but, I basically rediscovered my self in this industry, I enjoy every minute of it and I lost interest on the medical field, sort of discovered its not something I'm very passionate about it Facepalm

1 Like = 1 Prayer
17-11-2015, 06:01 AM
(17-11-2015 05:23 AM)izel Wrote:  I was too tired this morning to go through the details. I study medicine and, its not something that I wanted. It was chosen for me, simply because it is a family business.

In that case, change Smile If you still want to study there's loads of interesting stuff out there. What interests you? I personally think that it's totally pointless to study something if your heart is not in it. I've done it and it sucked.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
17-11-2015, 07:30 AM
(17-11-2015 05:23 AM)izel Wrote:  I was too tired this morning to go through the details. I study medicine and, its not something that I wanted. It was chosen for me, simply because it is a family business.

People's lives are too important for uninterested medical practitioners; your life is too important to follow other people's dreams. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post