WHAT I IF TOLD YOU!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-11-2015, 08:05 AM
RE: WHAT I IF TOLD YOU!
(17-11-2015 07:30 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(17-11-2015 05:23 AM)izel Wrote:  I was too tired this morning to go through the details. I study medicine and, its not something that I wanted. It was chosen for me, simply because it is a family business.

People's lives are too important for uninterested medical practitioners; your life is too important to follow other people's dreams. Drinking Beverage

Well said!

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-11-2015, 08:36 AM
If you will be able to advance in the hospitality industry, and you like it, stick with it. I agree maybe talk to some upper level people about what kind of degree would help you. Make sure you can get the kind of wage you can live happily on though. If one day you stop enjoying work (not that that will necessarily happen), and you're not making good money, that might be an unhappy situation.

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Imathinker's post
17-11-2015, 08:46 AM
(17-11-2015 08:36 AM)Imathinker Wrote:  If you will be able to advance in the hospitality industry, and you like it, stick with it. I agree maybe talk to some upper level people about what kind of degree would help you. Make sure you can get the kind of wage you can live happily on though. If one day you stop enjoying work (not that that will necessarily happen), and you're not making good money, that might be an unhappy situation.

Very true. And you're a smart woman. If you do like it and have a degree, you could be running that place.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
17-11-2015, 12:19 PM
Excuse me while I flog myself with a tube sock full of 3 inch woodscrews.
17-11-2015, 12:36 PM
(16-11-2015 10:25 PM)izel Wrote:  That you never fucking pay attention... How typical... I misspelled the title to test how much you all pay attention and admit it, you failed me... Laugh out load

On a serious note. I am seriously considering quitting school and pursuing my career in the hospitality industry. This shit is killing me. After all night being on my feet, I now need to go to school. I have no time for my self. The fun level has literally hit ZERO... I don't know if its a wise thing to do Consider

On one hand I love my job, its an awesome gig, its like a lifetime of free vacation Cool

On the other hand, I come from a highly educated family, I do not want to be the only one not finishing college Gasp

any advice????????

Good morning to some of you, good night to most. I'm off to school... HeartHeartHeart

I realize this may sound a bit harsh...but:

SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP!!! I worked my way through school 40+ hours a week, studied my f*cking ass off and graduated Cum Laude while double majoring. I can recall countless nights where I had no life and others where I made time for myself. It's all about balance but it can be done. If you pay the price now, you'll have a better chance or reaping rewards later, depending on what rewards you're expecting. Sleepy

**Crickets** -- God