WHAT SACRIFICE?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-01-2014, 05:27 PM
RE: WHAT SACRIFICE?
(13-01-2014 05:01 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(13-01-2014 04:15 PM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  Even if it is a sacrifie i'm obliged to ask FOR WHOM IS THAT Sacrifice for ?? For God himself ?? so Jesus is a God who scarfed himself to HIMSELF ? THAT'S BEYOND INSANE!
I agree.
God Heavenly Father sacrificed His Son who is also God.
So one God sacrificed another God.

(13-01-2014 04:15 PM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  On top of all that jesus is immortal so there's NOTHING to lose for Jesus anyway.. -_-
Sacrifice is not only to loose life. There are many kinds of sacrifices. Someone can sacrifice body, time, money, etc.

[Image: snakeoil.jpg]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
13-01-2014, 06:21 PM
(13-01-2014 05:01 PM)Alla Wrote:  God Heavenly Father sacrificed His Son who is also God.
What kind of logic is that ?? its like lending yourself money...
Quote:Sacrifice is not only to loose life. There are many kinds of sacrifices. Someone can sacrifice body, time, money, etc.
Well As i said earlier Jesus had NOTHING to lose.. he's eternal.. he has infinite time and infinite powers,we humans on the other hand have a LOT to lose.

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
13-01-2014, 06:25 PM
(13-01-2014 06:21 PM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  
(13-01-2014 05:01 PM)Alla Wrote:  God Heavenly Father sacrificed His Son who is also God.

It's not logic at all. It's the product of a pathological liar getting caught in a big lie.

Quote:
Quote:Sacrifice is not only to loose life. There are many kinds of sacrifices. Someone can sacrifice body, time, money, etc.
Well As i said earlier Jesus had NOTHING to lose.. he's eternal.. he has infinite time and infinite powers,we humans on the other hand have a LOT to lose.

Alla will try to equivocate and double-talk at you all day. It's what pathological liars do.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
13-01-2014, 06:55 PM
(12-01-2014 03:43 PM)Foxen Wrote:  I am uncertain who mentioned it first, but it was hardly a sacrifice if Jesus rose from the dead three days after his death. It only would have been a sacrifice had he remained dead.

This is definitely the case.
I always thought Christianity was bullshit. Ok I was an orthodox Jew and Jews have been butchered by Christians in their millions from pogroms, to crusaders to inquisitions so that doesn't make Jesus very appealing in the first place.

However aside from Christian butchery, slavery, genocide, torture, theft and persecution there was something incredibly irrational about Jesus dying to save people for sin and then resurrected after 3 days.

1. As mentioned its not really sacrifice - the guy is resurrected.
2. Surely if you know you save ALL humanity by dying on a cross & resurrected after 3 days its hardly the most glorious sacrifice in the world. People have sacrificed themselves just to save one human and undergone far worse torture to do so.
EG read the story of Paul Rusesabagina - The manager of the Rwanda Hotel - literally saving hundreds of people with the threat of immanent torture every day and willing to suffer & die.
EG read about holocaust rescuers
http://holocaustrescuers.blogspot.co.uk/
many of which died, tortured or willing to undergo torture to save lives from the Nazis.
EG Read My Heroes: Extraordinary Courage, Exceptional People [Paperback]
Ranulph Fiennes (Author) - there is a section on exceptional people fighting the Nazi's, incredible stories of those resisting Robert Mugabe and the brutality of his regime in Zimbabwe - who were brutally tortured & died.
These people died for real ! No resurrections ! No bullshit magic ! No "special powers & virgin births !!!

The above cases - and many of them make Jesus look stupid.

In any case many psycho's have died for the psychotic ideas, hallucinations, visions and ideologies - so it hardly makes Jesus unique or special.

A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence -
David Hume

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhOs7rUrS5bRKvWS7clR7...gNs5ZwpVef]
[+] 1 user Likes Baruch's post
13-01-2014, 07:03 PM
It is totally arse about. The whole thing makes no bloody sense. I will redeem myself of my own silly carry on thank you very much. I don't need some poncy git from 2000 years ago to absolve me. What is even more galling is that it pretty much means you can be the biggest tool to everyone you know but as long as you have a wee cry and say you are sorry just before you die then it makes it OK.
[+] 1 user Likes Pippen's post
13-01-2014, 07:06 PM
(13-01-2014 07:03 PM)Pippen Wrote:  It is totally arse about. The whole thing makes no bloody sense. I will redeem myself of my own silly carry on thank you very much. I don't need some poncy git from 2000 years ago to absolve me. What is even more galling is that it pretty much means you can be the biggest tool to everyone you know but as long as you have a wee cry and say you are sorry just before you die then it makes it OK.

Amen
13-01-2014, 07:12 PM

David Hume

13-01-2014, 07:12 PM (This post was last modified: 13-01-2014 07:17 PM by Baruch.)
Quote:

This is exactly my point - God sacrificing his Son is pathetic compared to the sacrifice stories I mentioned in the previous post where people suffered much more brutal tortures, for much longer and without resurrections !

I personally know people who have sacrificed their careers, health and vast amounts of time & energy to assist others - especially in my own family helping people escape persecution in Iraq risking certain death by horrific torture - which makes Jesus look like a hopeless case of the blues.

OK I would rather not be put on a cross and left to die in extreme agony - but numerous others died on the cross for their beliefs & helping others against Roman persecutions and are unknown.
If I knew I would save millions of people from eternal Hell I think its worth some torture on the cross - does that make me better or the same as Jesus ?

There are just so many counter examples to the stupidity of the Jesus sacrifice myth !
In Judaism there is the story of Rabbi Akiva who has his flesh torn of his body and fed to dogs - he sacrificed his life to protect his followers and beliefs about God.........and guess what - HE REALLY DIED !!! = sacrifice !

The more I continue the more I realize how petty & irrational the Jesus sacrifice myth is.

Then there is the stupidity of dying FOR SOMEONE ELSES SINS ! People are responsible for their own behaviours - If my friend steals something he logically pays the penalty not me in his place !

IRRATIONALITY on a supreme scale !
[/quote]

David Hume

[+] 3 users Like Baruch's post
13-01-2014, 07:21 PM
(13-01-2014 05:21 PM)Alla Wrote:  I do share with you what I learned from Prophets of God of Israel. You just don't know what they teach in these latter days.

Whatever you say dear. Whatever you say.

(13-01-2014 05:21 PM)Alla Wrote:  Of course I know something. This scripture talks about dead physical bodies(flesh and blood). Dead physical bodies are destroyed(NO MORE) and dead physical bodies(flesh and blood) can not praise anybody or anything. But we can not say this about disembodied spirits.

There was no distinction made concerning that. I see your delusional mind can turn anything into anything. You would attempt to say black is white if it served your purpose. Your intellectual honesty is nonexistent. In fact you have no clue what that even means. Thanks for again revealing your dishonest equivocating nature. Jebus is lard.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
13-01-2014, 07:24 PM
Quote:ALLA
God Heavenly Father sacrificed His Son who is also God.
So one God sacrificed another God.

I thought Alla was supposed to belong to the monotheists - she now sounds pagan !!!

Kind of like Apollo killing Zeus.

To be technically more accurate its the god Osiris becoming resurrected after being killed by the god Set.

David Hume

[+] 1 user Likes Baruch's post