Poll: why did you become an atheist?
I disagree with the bible
I don't believe Jesus is real
I believe that GOD is a spaghetti monster
Because I have found GOD
Because I have not found GOD
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
WHY DID YOU BECOME AN ATHEIST?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-03-2017, 11:53 PM
WHY DID YOU BECOME AN ATHEIST?
I've never been an atheist and my views on atheism is definitely past it's 20th century ideology. I've always leaned towards Buddhism and recent'y after extensively investigating the horrors being committed against the Rohingya people. Myanmar Buddhists are not peaceful and Buddhists around the world do not take any accountability towards their peoples actions. The horrible things these Buddhists have done to innocent people simply because of the deep political influences, enticing all of this evil.

Buddhists are no longer peaceful people and it has made me realize that we are all just savages. Every single one of us, no matter how passive you are. Your bloodline is built in bloodshed. War, evil, pacifism is our nature. The weak savages will always die, the stronger ones will always kill them. I've always put my faith in Buddhism and seeing that they cannot sustain peace. They aren't adequate enough to continue

It's also opened up my eyes in understanding why people love Christ so much. He doesn't have a history of violence. He wins by default. But when I think about worshiping something. By my savage nature I refuse too. I would rather worship myself. Why waste all that energy and power on something so dramatic if you can adapt and evolve past it. We are savages, savages are animals and intelligent animals adapt and evolve.

Anyways, i'm half drunk and ranting. Regardless my rant and question is serious. Why are you an atheist? I expect the typical 20th century white american European response but I can't predict the future....

ps
I cause trouble because being offended changes you. So don't be a sensitive bitch if anything I say offends you. We're all savages!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2017, 12:19 AM
RE: WHY DID YOU BECOME AN ATHEIST?
Welcome to the forum.
Your poll lacks a choice for me
I was never a theist to begin with, so I did not become an atheist.
[+] 6 users Like skyking's post
04-03-2017, 12:24 AM
(04-03-2017 12:19 AM)skyking Wrote:  Welcome to the forum.

The question applies to atheists only. I've never been an atheist to begin with either. I just wanna see some atheists answer without falling into any stereotypical category.
04-03-2017, 12:29 AM
Because I like burning villages, raping the horses, and riding off on the women but going to confession every single day to confess my way into heaven got to be very inconvenient so I just stopped believing.

And novelty atheist t-shirts are funnier.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 13 users Like yakherder's post
04-03-2017, 12:45 AM
(04-03-2017 12:24 AM)DEATH Wrote:  
(04-03-2017 12:19 AM)skyking Wrote:  Welcome to the forum.

The question applies to atheists only. I've never been an atheist to begin with either. I just wanna see some atheists answer without falling into any stereotypical category.

Look carefully. I was never
a
theist
So I never became an atheist, I always was an atheist.
[+] 12 users Like skyking's post
04-03-2017, 12:45 AM
Cause it seemed like a good idea at the time? Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
04-03-2017, 12:52 AM
Um. Why are you *not* an atheist? Since it seems that you think all religions are false?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
04-03-2017, 01:16 AM
G'day mate, and welcome. Smile

(03-03-2017 11:53 PM)DEATH Wrote:  I've never been an atheist and my views on atheism is definitely past it's 20th century ideology. [...]

I was never a theist, so I too can't answer your poll. Maybe your question should've been "why are you an atheist"?

Incidentally, there is no atheist "ideology" as such—a collection of beliefs, dogma, or doctrines held by an individual or a group. That defines theism.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
04-03-2017, 01:33 AM
The wages aren't great but the hours are good.

Also, I liked the free gift I got with the annual membership deal.

Plus, the whole nihilistic-hedonism thing suits my sociopathic appetite.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 9 users Like DLJ's post
04-03-2017, 01:36 AM
Like skyking, I was never a believer, so I can't say that I ever "became" an atheist. I always was one.

It's hard to deny that we have a savage streak rooted in us, but look at history suggests that it's being tempered in the long term. What would have been common-place centuries ago are rare attrocities today. What would have been a regrettable necessity centuries ago, and just the way things were done millenia ago, are decried as savagery today. That we even have that word, and apply it in a sense other than "person from a pre-technological society that I don't like", is evidence of this.