Poll: why did you become an atheist?
I disagree with the bible
I don't believe Jesus is real
I believe that GOD is a spaghetti monster
Because I have found GOD
Because I have not found GOD
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
WHY DID YOU BECOME AN ATHEIST?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-03-2017, 03:50 PM
RE: WHY DID YOU BECOME AN ATHEIST?
(05-03-2017 03:12 PM)abaris Wrote:  32.000 kilometers of front lines to hold and supply by an army of give or take 10 millions.

What is that you're getting at?

Quote:The commanders didn't matter much in the later stages, since Hitler was calling the shots, overruling the professionals.

Hitler trying to control everything personally doesn't make German commanders any less capable, nor Soviet ones more competent. Also we shouldn't get overboard with this, command staff still retained some degree of initiative.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2017, 08:19 AM
I found god. He was hiding under the stairs this whole time. Little creeper. Dodgy

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
08-03-2017, 12:04 AM
Because I have a brain and basic reasoning skills
[+] 8 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
08-03-2017, 02:01 AM
I consider myself a weak agnostic, so not exactly an atheist like most of you. My mind is open when it comes to the existence of deities and such but nobody has provided me with any actual evidence as of yet.
[+] 1 user Likes Lucipurr's post
08-03-2017, 02:22 AM
(08-03-2017 02:01 AM)Lucipurr Wrote:  I consider myself a weak agnostic, so not exactly an atheist like most of you. My mind is open when it comes to the existence of deities and such but nobody has provided me with any actual evidence as of yet.

> In the absence of any valid, testable evidence for god(s) or the supernatural, atheism is the default position.

> "That which may be asserted without evidence may also be dismissed without evidence." (Christopher Hitchens)
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
08-03-2017, 03:53 AM
(08-03-2017 02:01 AM)Lucipurr Wrote:  I consider myself a weak agnostic, so not exactly an atheist like most of you. My mind is open when it comes to the existence of deities and such but nobody has provided me with any actual evidence as of yet.

I think perhaps there is a misunderstanding regarding atheism. I'm open to any possibility. Whether or not I think an idea good depends on the results.

Basically above you're telling me you're an atheist. Smile

Welcome to the club. Meetings are on Tuesdays. Bring a stripper and a cathylicker priest. We'll take photos and make a night of it. Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
08-03-2017, 03:54 AM
(08-03-2017 02:22 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  

> In the absence of any valid, testable evidence for god(s) or the supernatural, atheism is the default position.

> "That which may be asserted without evidence may also be dismissed without evidence." (Christopher Hitchens)

I agree with Bob. Thumbsup

Cheers mate. God luv ya. Smile

Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
10-03-2017, 10:11 AM
Think many people have said it, but I never "became" an Atheist, I've just never signed up to any major religion as I don't believe there is a solid evidence basis for it.

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
10-03-2017, 12:59 PM
(04-03-2017 12:24 AM)DEATH Wrote:  
(04-03-2017 12:19 AM)skyking Wrote:  Welcome to the forum.
Your poll lacks a choice for me
I was never a theist to begin with, so I did not become an atheist.

The question applies to atheists only. I've never been an atheist to begin with either. I just wanna see some atheists answer without falling into any stereotypical category.

He IS an atheist. You don't seem to understand that not a theist == atheist.
And your poll lacks the choice "I've always been an atheist".
[+] 1 user Likes Rik's post
10-03-2017, 02:09 PM
What is up with all the CAPS LOCK THREAD TITLES lately?

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post