Poll: why did you become an atheist?
I disagree with the bible
I don't believe Jesus is real
I believe that GOD is a spaghetti monster
Because I have found GOD
Because I have not found GOD
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
WHY DID YOU BECOME AN ATHEIST?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-03-2017, 04:14 AM
RE: WHY DID YOU BECOME AN ATHEIST?
(10-03-2017 02:09 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  What is up with all the CAPS LOCK THREAD TITLES lately?

Ya know. It's like they hit the key accidentally one day and never figure out why they're suddenly typing in all caps Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
11-03-2017, 04:27 AM
(11-03-2017 04:14 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(10-03-2017 02:09 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  What is up with all the CAPS LOCK THREAD TITLES lately?

Ya know. It's like they hit the key accidentally one day and never figure out why they're suddenly typing in all caps Tongue

What are you talking about? I mean how caN OH GOD WHAT THE FUCK HOW DO I TURN THIS SHIT OFF OH GOD HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
11-03-2017, 04:28 AM

It's to indicate really important stuff. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
11-03-2017, 08:54 AM
You all are so awesome. Laugh out load

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Shai Hulud's post
11-03-2017, 09:15 AM
(11-03-2017 08:54 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  You all are so awesome. Laugh out load

Speak for yourself, worm. I'm not made of some awe. I'm made of some Gwynnies and a whole bunch of fat-lazy-uselessness. Why I've gone into theology. Big Grin

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
12-03-2017, 02:41 AM
(03-03-2017 11:53 PM)DEATH Wrote:  I've never been an atheist and my views on atheism is definitely past it's 20th century ideology. I've always leaned towards Buddhism and recent'y after extensively investigating the horrors being committed against the Rohingya people. Myanmar Buddhists are not peaceful and Buddhists around the world do not take any accountability towards their peoples actions. The horrible things these Buddhists have done to innocent people simply because of the deep political influences, enticing all of this evil.

Buddhists are no longer peaceful people and it has made me realize that we are all just savages. Every single one of us, no matter how passive you are. Your bloodline is built in bloodshed. War, evil, pacifism is our nature. The weak savages will always die, the stronger ones will always kill them. I've always put my faith in Buddhism and seeing that they cannot sustain peace. They aren't adequate enough to continue

It's also opened up my eyes in understanding why people love Christ so much. He doesn't have a history of violence. He wins by default. But when I think about worshiping something. By my savage nature I refuse too. I would rather worship myself. Why waste all that energy and power on something so dramatic if you can adapt and evolve past it. We are savages, savages are animals and intelligent animals adapt and evolve.

Anyways, i'm half drunk and ranting. Regardless my rant and question is serious. Why are you an atheist? I expect the typical 20th century white american European response but I can't predict the future....

ps
I cause trouble because being offended changes you. So don't be a sensitive bitch if anything I say offends you. We're all savages!

There's quite literally nothing you could say that would offend me. If you think I'm mad about some post on a form because I've become passionate, then you're sorely mistaken.

I grew up in a christian home, I taught Sunday school as a young adult, I had many pastor friends. However I never became an Atheist as I never was a Theist to begin with. I knew the lore, the dogma, the theology, I knew it better than almost every pastor I ever met. I simply did those things because in the world I was subjected to there wasn't another option. I never quite fit in because I didn't believe in anything supernatural. I was only able to have friendships with pastors because they know the facts and in my experience won't lie so long as you ask them stuff in private (they will always lie if you press them on problems with the religion in public). Both my parents graduated from Seminary, and I grew up reading all the books they had on theology. I never bought into it because there likely is nothing supernatural. It's that simple. I mean you can hold out for that 0.00000000001% chance of something supernatural. However every supernatural claim when tested turns out to be false. Without exception. If supernatural things were happening, thanks to the nature of the universe and the scientific method we would see evidence of it EVERYWHERE. It would be impossible to hide. The universe doesn't change just because you, or your imaginary friend wants it to. If not ask your imaginary friend to give me 1 billion dollars right now, or ask your imaginary friend to have me die by being stepped on by an Elephant while I'm having sex in my house. If I die that's not evidence of your imaginary friend, that's why there's specific requirements. If I die in such an unusual way that's still not really evidence, but its better than anything you actually do bring to the table.

Personally I don't care what you do/don't ask of your imaginary friend. As it has no effect on reality one way or another.

As an adult I finally found out that "Non believers" are real.... I also found out that bed bugs are real.... but that's another story.... lol.... so why am I an Athiest? because I always was, why do I openly state it? Because I can finally do so with less risk of being murdered over it (though where I am there's still a pretty big risk that someone I know will kill me over it).

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
13-03-2017, 06:09 PM
I wouldn't say i was born an atheist, but I've never been religious either. My step dad who raised me grew up in the catholic chuch but didnt practice himself. My mom's parents are big into church and religion, but she doesn't practice either. I'm pretty sure they are both believers but not church goers. For me i believe in science. I like to be able to prove that something is real or not real. And there is no evidence to say Jesus, God or any of it is real.
[+] 1 user Likes RVAtheist90's post
14-03-2017, 01:03 AM
I really would like to believe that after death I will be floating around the clouds with lost loved ones. The idea is most definitely appealing. But I just can't lie to myself.